Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any March 2021 Sleeve Patients?



Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, ashdenee said:

Just had my surgery on the 31st!

Congrats. 29th for me. Give yourself patience. Lots of it . To me, this has been 75% mental. Follow what your team has educated you on, let yourself heal and try to keep telling yourself everyday that it gets easier and will be worth it.

Heaviest weight- 375

Presurgical weight- 329

Current weight- 318

Goal - 215

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Overall I’m doing pretty good. I do get nauseous though and one of my incisions is driving me crazy lol. How are you feeling? I’m ready for solid food too. My first scrambled egg tasted amazing after being on liquids for so long, even with chewing it a million times!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today was my first follow up from surgery on March 1st. I lost 20lbs before surgery from January 25-March 1. Today I was down 20lbs from March 1st surgery. Dr was pleased and said average is about 10-20 lbs. Prior to surgery, I took BP medicine, metformin, diabetic medication and acid reflux medicine. Today I am now only on my reflux medicine, diabetic medication (farxiga) has been reduced to 5mg, Calcium and multi Vitamin. My PCP expects I will be off all diabetic medication in a few weeks. 40lbs gone is awesome. Eating is getting better. sleep is interesting as some nights are great and others are full of insomnia. I am able to get in my Protein & Fluid even thought some days, it is mostly through liquid. I no longer regret the surgery at all. I actually wish I had done it much sooner. I need some easy protein ideas to carry in my cooler bag to lunch. I still have not been able to add vegetables to my meals, only protein. How are the rest of you doing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, RobynLat said:

Overall I’m doing pretty good. I do get nauseous though and one of my incisions is driving me crazy lol. How are you feeling? I’m ready for solid food too. My first scrambled egg tasted amazing after being on liquids for so long, even with chewing it a million times!

I’m still getting the nausea also, it makes me crazy! I’m really struggling with getting anything down besides liquids! I’m still feeling good! I can’t believe it’s almost been a month already!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 04/05/2021 at 21:32, Megz143 said:






I’m still getting the nausea also, it makes me crazy! I’m really struggling with getting anything down besides liquids! I’m still feeling good! I can’t believe it’s almost been a month already!


I can’t believe it’s been almost a month either! It’s weird, I feel like I was doing better with foods when I first started the puréed phase versus now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes I’m two weeks from today and I can keep liquids down lost 26 pounds Protein Shakes make me throw up but I kinda having problem sipping I drink with water bottle w straw to help control that I ate fruit cup maybe took 4 scoops and got nauseous I need to take my time but otherwise kinda weak but much better than last week hopefully it gets better guys

Edited by Yaas BRAVE ONE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, GaGirlGettingHealthy said:

Today was my first follow up from surgery on March 1st. I lost 20lbs before surgery from January 25-March 1. Today I was down 20lbs from March 1st surgery. Dr was pleased and said average is about 10-20 lbs. Prior to surgery, I took BP medicine, metformin, diabetic medication and acid reflux medicine. Today I am now only on my reflux medicine, diabetic medication (farxiga) has been reduced to 5mg, Calcium and multi Vitamin. My PCP expects I will be off all diabetic medication in a few weeks. 40lbs gone is awesome. Eating is getting better. sleep is interesting as some nights are great and others are full of insomnia. I am able to get in my Protein & Fluid even thought some days, it is mostly through liquid. I no longer regret the surgery at all. I actually wish I had done it much sooner. I need some easy Protein ideas to carry in my cooler bag to lunch. I still have not been able to add vegetables to my meals, only protein. How are the rest of you doing?

Yes I’m two weeks from today and I can keep liquids down lost 26 pounds Protein Shakes make me throw up but I kinda having problem sipping I drink with water bottle w straw to help control that I ate fruit cup maybe took 4 scoops and got nauseous I need to take my time but otherwise kinda weak but much better than last week hopefully it gets better guys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

good morning, I'm new here. I was sleeved on 3.31 n had my hiatal hernia repaired. Im still pretty swollen and wounds still itch like crazy. Being on liquids 2 wks prior was super hard, but its alot better now, trying to drink plenty of sf fluids n Water. wishing everyone a speedy recovery and a look forward to reading most helpful postings. gbu

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was sleeved on March 10. Weight loss for the first three weeks was 10, 4.5, 3.5 lbs. During this (fourth) week, I have lost half a pound, although I am keeping track of what I eat and stay well hydrated. Anyone else experience this weight loss slowdown?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, 171MaxH said:

I was sleeved on March 10. Weight loss for the first three weeks was 10, 4.5, 3.5 lbs. During this (fourth) week, I have lost half a pound, although I am keeping track of what I eat and stay well hydrated. Anyone else experience this weight loss slowdown?

Many have eperienced this. Its a stall, they can initially appear anywhere from week one up to who knows. Most of the initial stalls are experienced between week two up to about week six and can last anyway up to a week to three weeks or so.

Keep following your post op plan, and the scales will reflect your efforts again soon.

By the way it would be helpful if you filled in our profile...Surgery type, surgery date weight, current weight, height etc - it provide context to questions etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Trending Products

  • Trending Topics

  • Recent Status Updates

    • Hesitant but hopeful

      Hey October Surgery friends...how are you doing? I've lost 15 lbs since surgery on 18th.42 lbs overall. Wearing clothes that feel great. Had a bout of cold and stomach flu and still having some nausea off and on after that but getting better, I think. 
      Seems like I fill up and have minor pain quicker when I eat hot foods rather than cold. Anyone else notice this?
      Still sooo glad I did this.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Merri Beth  »  SamaLotus

      Hi I just saw that you are in Las Vegas too. We are going to the same center. Dr Laduc in same office as Dr Atkinson, is doing my sleeve on Nov. 28th.  I wish you the best!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Jessica100858

      24 days and counting down til surgery 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Bunny78

      Just over 2 weeks post-op….I’m getting there
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Voogs  »  KimA-GA

      always look forward to your updates, Hope you are well.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

  • Hot Products

  • Sign Up For
    Our Newsletter

    Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

    PatchAid Vitamin Patches

    ×