Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any March 2021 Sleeve Patients?



Recommended Posts

On 3/26/2021 at 11:04 AM, njlimmer said:

HI All!! 23 days post op and doing really well! Moved into soft foods and have had fish, cottage cheese, and some steamed veggies. Still not feeling hungry which is a good thing, but I've realized that it doesn't really give me a chance to feel full. I haven't really tried pushing it to the limit as I don't want to get sick or hurt myself so I'm just sticking to 4oz portions, eating slowly, and chewing!

How's everyone else doing today?

Holy cow - i just looked at your stats. You were done 8 days before me and lost double so far! You go girl!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, LoveSimcha said:

Awww I'm sorry. While I didn't have pain - I was hungry. Some say it isn't real hunger but only head hunger - that isn't true. It does pass after a few days, especially once you can start consuming more. Be good to yourself and rest up these days (as much as you can). Sending you positive vibes.

The hunger is so real. My tummy cramps at food commercials 😕 I have cravings too. The pain is apparently came from a possible nerve being stitched up in one incision or an internal suture is irritating a nerve. I was having to hold my body when I moved. New meds have helped.
I'm already so tired of fluids. Makes me nauseous to force drink.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, LoveSimcha said:

Holy cow - i just looked at your stats. You were done 8 days before me and lost double so far! You go girl!!!!

Thanks! I'd like to claim it's all from surgery, but I lost 46lbs pre-surgery. I've lost about 20lbs since surgery though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@LoveSimcha We're about the same height. Did you choose your goal weight or did your doc? I asked about a goal weight, and my doc's office basically said they don't give me one. I picked mine just as a number to put in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, njlimmer said:

@LoveSimcha We're about the same height. Did you choose your goal weight or did your doc? I asked about a goal weight, and my doc's office basically said they don't give me one. I picked mine just as a number to put in.

@njlimmerI picked it based on how I did with the lap band I had in years ago. Honestly though, I think your goal weight is much more realistic for me. My bones are big (not a small frame at all) and to get down to that weight made me end up in the hospital. I just put that number down but would honestly be very happy getting to 170 - 180. I think I look good at 170. My docs asked for a goal weight and I just through out 150 and when they didn't react - I thought OK must be a good one lol Its not set in stone for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, LoveSimcha said:

@njlimmerI picked it based on how I did with the lap band I had in years ago. Honestly though, I think your goal weight is much more realistic for me. My bones are big (not a small frame at all) and to get down to that weight made me end up in the hospital. I just put that number down but would honestly be very happy getting to 170 - 180. I think I look good at 170. My docs asked for a goal weight and I just through out 150 and when they didn't react - I thought OK must be a good one lol Its not set in stone for me.

I just picked 175 because it's the lowest I can remember being in college. I'm big-boned too, so I THINK it's a realistic number. I'd honestly be ecstatic at 199 TBH. LOL!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My surgery was on March 23rd, making today a week since surgery. Down 12 lbs since surgery as of this morning. I am just looking for suggestions and here to help anyone I can also. I have found a lot of my supplements on this site. I bought the wild cherry Calcium which I had a hard time with so I switched over to chewable caltrate instead and that is much smaller and settles in my new little sleeve well. I use Fairlife Protein Shakes that are 30 grams Protein and they go down okay, a little sweet since surgery. But I have had a little intestinal upset from them. I also have IBS which they hoped this surgery might help settle but no luck so far. I do have herbalife as an option but am wondering if anyone else has experience with that after surgery or if they found a Protein Shake that they liked after surgery? I'm also looking for any drink mixes that have protein added like fruit punch or fruit flavored? I did try one of Premier Protein drinks but was not a fan of the flavor before surgery, may be okay after but haven't dared to try. I have been able to eat Greek yogurt fine but slowly. Also some sugar free pudding. chicken broth has been amazing and the other night I tried wonton Soup broth from my local Chinese restaurant and that was an amazing change up from the usual. Hope this helps some of you too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How is everyone doing that had surgery in March? My husband and I both had sleeve on 3/12 and we're both feeling pretty good. No cravings for food which is great. He is down about 40 including pre-op and I'm down 35 including pre-op. I'm looking forward to my future and all of the things I can do once the weight is off. I'm trying to talk myself into not weighing every day because I stay the same for several days in a row. Anyone else?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, SaraJ1980 said:

How is everyone doing that had surgery in March? My husband and I both had sleeve on 3/12 and we're both feeling pretty good. No cravings for food which is great. He is down about 40 including pre-op and I'm down 35 including pre-op. I'm looking forward to my future and all of the things I can do once the weight is off. I'm trying to talk myself into not weighing every day because I stay the same for several days in a row. Anyone else?

I was March 9th and I am down 10 pounds from surgery 25 total. I am doing great though. No pain and not a lot of hunger at all. Some when I’m board but I just ask myself why am I hungry and it’s usually just boredom. I am hoping that this summer in south Florida will not be as dreadful as I will be losing weight as it gets hotter and hotter. Ooh and mine stays the same for days too so I shouldn’t weigh everyday but when I wake up I always check anyhow. Lol

Edited by ShoppGirl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, ShoppGirl said:

I was March 9th and I am down 10 pounds from surgery 25 total. I am doing great though. No pain and not a lot of hunger at all. Some when I’m board but I just ask myself why am I hungry and it’s usually just boredom. I am hoping that this summer in south Florida will not be as dreadful as I will be losing weight as it gets hotter and hotter. Ooh and mine stays the same for days too so I shouldn’t weigh everyday but when I wake up I always check anyhow. Lol

Hi all,
My sleeve surgery was on March 10. I lost 10 lbs pre surgery and 10 lbs forst week post surgery on liquid diet. Since I switched to soft food I started feeling hunger and the weight loss went down to 3 lbs. However I am glad that now I am better able to figure out my body's signals. For example, I don't feel full but if I eat a whole egg for example or if I eat it faster than I should, I feel pain under my sternum and I am not a happy camper! Luckily I didn't throw up and I am able to walk a bit every other day (I have had multiple back surgeries). No surgery pain or puncture site pain otherwise. Hope all are doing well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, queencowgirl12 said:

My surgery was on March 23rd, making today a week since surgery. Down 12 lbs since surgery as of this morning. I am just looking for suggestions and here to help anyone I can also. I have found a lot of my supplements on this site. I bought the wild cherry Calcium which I had a hard time with so I switched over to chewable caltrate instead and that is much smaller and settles in my new little sleeve well. I use Fairlife Protein Shakes that are 30 grams Protein and they go down okay, a little sweet since surgery. But I have had a little intestinal upset from them. I also have IBS which they hoped this surgery might help settle but no luck so far. I do have herbalife as an option but am wondering if anyone else has experience with that after surgery or if they found a Protein Shake that they liked after surgery? I'm also looking for any drink mixes that have Protein added like fruit punch or fruit flavored? I did try one of Premier Protein drinks but was not a fan of the flavor before surgery, may be okay after but haven't dared to try. I have been able to eat Greek yogurt fine but slowly. Also some sugar free pudding. chicken broth has been amazing and the other night I tried wonton Soup broth from my local Chinese restaurant and that was an amazing change up from the usual. Hope this helps some of you too.

Pure Protein has a strawberry milkshake one that goes down smooth for me. About the only one I can tolerate at this point. And no sugar applesauce has been my life savor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone. New to the Forum. 39 yo male.

I had gastric sleeve surgery yesterday March 29th and am home today. Not as bad as I thought. Swallowing is still a real shock to the system. Even with just Water. I used to chug water and this is a definite challenge.

Presurgery weight was 329. I'm 5'10. I had lost 45 pounds dating back to october before the surgery including 2 week liquid diet . Looking forward to these new challenges and the opportunities they bring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 3/25/2021 at 10:27 PM, Rosie_flips said:

Thanks for the details @groovygal! I’m glad to hear you’re doing well. My surgery is at 9 am and the say to expect to be discharged around 7pm. Were you able to drink at all that first day, or was it all IV fluids?

They had me sipping Water before I left the hospital (plus IV fluids) I hope your surgery goes well! (can't remember your date?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Trending Products

  • Trending Topics

  • Recent Status Updates

    • Hesitant but hopeful

      Hey October Surgery friends...how are you doing? I've lost 15 lbs since surgery on 18th.42 lbs overall. Wearing clothes that feel great. Had a bout of cold and stomach flu and still having some nausea off and on after that but getting better, I think. 
      Seems like I fill up and have minor pain quicker when I eat hot foods rather than cold. Anyone else notice this?
      Still sooo glad I did this.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Merri Beth  »  SamaLotus

      Hi I just saw that you are in Las Vegas too. We are going to the same center. Dr Laduc in same office as Dr Atkinson, is doing my sleeve on Nov. 28th.  I wish you the best!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Jessica100858

      24 days and counting down til surgery 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Bunny78

      Just over 2 weeks post-op….I’m getting there
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Voogs  »  KimA-GA

      always look forward to your updates, Hope you are well.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

  • Hot Products

  • Sign Up For
    Our Newsletter

    Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

    PatchAid Vitamin Patches

    ×