Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any March 2021 Sleeve Patients?



Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, 171MaxH said:

Good luck. I am going in tomorrow, March 10! excited and anxious at the same time.

Same here! Tomorrow is the big day!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, oneblessedchild1978 said:

March 24!

Welcome. You are in a great place for tips and support. I just had my surgery today and I felt so prepared after all the help and support from these chats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had mine done March 3, had a little issue so I was just sent home yesterday. I just started Phase 2 diet, your body sure tells you when something is not right.
I am so thankful for this site, always nice helpful info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Auderly said:

I had mine done March 3, had a little issue so I was just sent home yesterday. I just started Phase 2 diet, your body sure tells you when something is not right.
I am so thankful for this site, always nice helpful info

Glad you are finally home! Hope you feel better very soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 02/06/2021 at 21:54, LoveSimcha said:



Hi - I am new to the site. My sleeve surgery is scheduled for March 10th. Anyone else here set for March? I am super anxious but also looking forward to it. I had a lap band in 2009 and a slip in 2014 that required removal. Curious as to what your pre-op diet looks like. I am on partial liquids now and full liquids for two weeks before the surgery.




Nice to meet everyone!


Thinking of you & everyone else having surgery today @LoveSimcha 😍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Everyone! I’ve been sleeved today! Feeling pretty good - not much pain but during surgery they did give a pain med that is supposed to last three days so who really knows how I’m actually feeling lol
I’ve been drinking with no issues except if I sip too fast, I get a cramp in my stomach so I won’t be doing that again.
So far so good and I get to go home tomorrow G-d willing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, LoveSimcha said:

Hi Everyone! I’ve been sleeved today! Feeling pretty good - not much pain but during surgery they did give a pain med that is supposed to last three days so who really knows how I’m actually feeling lol
I’ve been drinking with no issues except if I sip too fast, I get a cramp in my stomach so I won’t be doing that again.
So far so good and I get to go home tomorrow G-d willing

I was sleeved yesterday evening. Overall, the pain from the incision sites is almost non-existant. I walk every hour and this is fine. However, every sip of liquid I drink causes irritating pain near where the esophogaus meets the stomach. This as well as gurgling noises and nausea.

Do you guys think this is normal based on your own experience? I still haven't seeny doctor after the operation. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 03/11/2021 at 06:28, 171MaxH said:






I was sleeved yesterday evening. Overall, the pain from the incision sites is almost non-existant. I walk every hour and this is fine. However, every sip of liquid I drink causes irritating pain near where the esophogaus meets the stomach. This as well as gurgling noises and nausea.




Do you guys think this is normal based on your own experience? I still haven't seeny doctor after the operation. Thanks.


I’m having the same - drs said sip slower and leave time in between but they were concerned. My pain is under my left breast when it happens. Glad you are feeling good overall!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was sleeved yesterday morning! Everything went well except they did a liver biopsy on me which is making me nervous. Yesterday and last night was BAD leaving me to think WHAT HAVE I DONT TO MYSELF. This morning I am a bit better. Walking around and doing breathing exercises. Having trouble getting liquids down as I’m having intense pain when I swallow and the liquid meets the stomach. Just trying to power through and remind myself in the long run this will all have been worth it!! Thank god for pain medicine though. I wish it would help with the gas pains!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Rhonda Andrews said:

I was sleeved on March 1st. I am definitely excited... 16 pounds down and has been moved up to soft foods. This journey shall be interesting!

Glad you are doing well. I was sleeved on the 3rd, I got to start soft foods this morning, haven't checked weight yet, waiting to do that at my two week follow-up next Thursday. Not really had any trouble.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Trending Products

  • Trending Topics

  • Recent Status Updates

    • Hesitant but hopeful

      Hey October Surgery friends...how are you doing? I've lost 15 lbs since surgery on 18th.42 lbs overall. Wearing clothes that feel great. Had a bout of cold and stomach flu and still having some nausea off and on after that but getting better, I think. 
      Seems like I fill up and have minor pain quicker when I eat hot foods rather than cold. Anyone else notice this?
      Still sooo glad I did this.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Merri Beth  »  SamaLotus

      Hi I just saw that you are in Las Vegas too. We are going to the same center. Dr Laduc in same office as Dr Atkinson, is doing my sleeve on Nov. 28th.  I wish you the best!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Jessica100858

      24 days and counting down til surgery 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Bunny78

      Just over 2 weeks post-op….I’m getting there
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Voogs  »  KimA-GA

      always look forward to your updates, Hope you are well.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

  • Hot Products

  • Sign Up For
    Our Newsletter

    Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

    PatchAid Vitamin Patches

    ×