Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any March 2021 Sleeve Patients?



Recommended Posts

Hello! I had gastric sleeve Monday March 1st. Recovery seems a bit rough at this point. Having trouble keeping things down so my Dr. made me switch back to Clear Liquids, waters and SF Gatorade only. I keep getting these horrible horrible gas/air pains in my stomach and chest. Any tips and tricks to a smoother recovery?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, A_New_Life said:

Hi all! New here. I am 4 days VSG post op. March 1st was my date. 😊

Hi!!!! Hope all as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Auderly said:

I had my surgery on Wednesday March 2, but not doing very well, I am still in the hospital. The day of surgery I had a hard time urinating. They kept taking bladder scans and found a problem. A blood clot and leaking from the staples. They took me back into surgery yesterday and were able to remove it, then they put clamps where the staple line was leaking blood. Yesterday had some pain, to days only pain is getting out or in bed or a chair. Hospital broth is the worse so I am sticking to sugarless Jello.

Surgeon has been doing this 11 years and has only experienced problems like this twice and both were in the last 6 months.thank goodness they put in a catheter while I was asleep yesterday because getting out of a bed or chair is very painful.

now tonight I had problems with intravenous, as they are giving me liquids and all the other ones hurt so bad so they did an ultra sound to find a good vein, so now it is in my upper arm.

with all these complications I keep questioning myself on why I did this.

Good luck to everyone else, hope you don’t ave the problems I have experienced.

I am sorry to hear you’re going through all that. Being in the hospital is not fun especially on top of all that. I was in the hospital for two days and I was released yesterday. I hated being there with the blood work and the shots to prevent blood clots not to mention the IV fluids freaking burned it was not a good experience but i made it through and so will you. I have been frustrated a few times just cause of the pain and not being able to move a lot and I’m not used to this. My husband has been wonderful and I don’t know what I would’ve done without him being here. I hope you have a strong support system because you will definitely need it. Like they always say this too shall pass, you got this girl stay strong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 03/05/2021 at 14:24, JustJazzy said:






I’m on day 3 of pre op diet and I’m starving as well. Lol I’m just excited and ready for the next phase of this journey


Same. I think we are the same day @justjazzy? Today is day 4 of my 2 week pre-op liquid diet. So far so good until my family asks what there is to eat. Haha.

Wish I had thought to meal prep a bit better for them during this 2 weeks- I was so focused on what to get for my liquid diet. 😂 I think if I cook for them it will make the liquid diet even harder to stick to!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 3/3/2021 at 10:48 AM, Lane McCormack said:

Last night at home was great. Surgery was Monday and so far the only challenge I have had was major "sleeve rash" as some have called it. I look like I have a really bad sunburn all on my face.

Could you tell me more about this? I've never heard of it, and when I googled it, I got an assortment of photos of swimwear! LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, groovygal said:

Same. I think we are the same day @justjazzy? Today is day 4 of my 2 week pre-op liquid diet. So far so good until my family asks what there is to eat. Haha.

Wish I had thought to meal prep a bit better for them during this 2 weeks- I was so focused on what to get for my liquid diet. 😂 I think if I cook for them it will make the liquid diet even harder to stick to!

Lol. Day 4 for me as well. Is your surgery day the 17th ? Luckily mine isn’t just liquid but I’m still super hungry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The rash was on my face and arms. Turns out I was allergic to the antibiotic, Ancef. I have been on steroids, Benadryl and Pepcid since Tuesday. I’m 100% better but it was so weird. I’ve never had my face feel so hot and look so red. My dr was great!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Auderly said:

I had my surgery on Wednesday March 2, but not doing very well, I am still in the hospital. The day of surgery I had a hard time urinating. They kept taking bladder scans and found a problem. A blood clot and leaking from the staples. They took me back into surgery yesterday and were able to remove it, then they put clamps where the staple line was leaking blood. Yesterday had some pain, to days only pain is getting out or in bed or a chair. Hospital broth is the worse so I am sticking to sugarless Jello.

Surgeon has been doing this 11 years and has only experienced problems like this twice and both were in the last 6 months.thank goodness they put in a catheter while I was asleep yesterday because getting out of a bed or chair is very painful.

now tonight I had problems with intravenous, as they are giving me liquids and all the other ones hurt so bad so they did an ultra sound to find a good vein, so now it is in my upper arm.

with all these complications I keep questioning myself on why I did this.

Good luck to everyone else, hope you don’t ave the problems I have experienced.

I am so sorry this surgery was so hard on you and there were so many issues. I hope you are feeling better and going forward it is only smooth sailing for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I had mine on March 4. It went very well. I am doing good. You just have to remember to drink very very slowly Post-op. I was a little surprised by the soreness after the surgery and my stomach was distended. I found that a heating pad helped a lot. for the first few days I was taking Tylenol at regular intervals. As of today I have no pain at all. I'm not taking any medication for pain. I am just focused on trying to make sure I get all my fluids which is hard after the operation. I just have to go slow.Good luck everyone!

Edited by Mkk_NY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@webbalyssa1990 try using some heating pads to help with the gas pains. I had my surgery on March 4 and that's what I did. It helped. I was also told by a nurse that slightly warm liquids are better than cold to help with some of those issues. So I haven't had very cold liquids and I've been sipping low sodium chicken broth, Decaf coffee and decaf tea throughout the day. I do feel much better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had mine March 2 and am still in the hospital, I had some complication but on the mend now. Still on the clear liquid diet. I am not on any pain meds, not having any pain except for gas.how hard was it to move to phase 2? I read one post that kind of scared me. I have a terrible taste in my mouth, anyone else have that issue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Auderly said:

I had mine March 2 and am still in the hospital, I had some complication but on the mend now. Still on the clear liquid diet. I am not on any pain meds, not having any pain except for gas.how hard was it to move to phase 2? I read one post that kind of scared me. I have a terrible taste in my mouth, anyone else have that issue?

Glad to hear you are doing better, heating pad worked for gas pain, it will move to different spots and that's when I would get up and walk and it would ease it, I had mine on Wednesday, March 3 and I'm been on full liquids since leaving hospital and haven't had any trouble, just be sure and listen to your body it will tell you if you take in too much or something it doesn't like. I been doing Protein Shakes, Bone Broth, yogurt, fruit sauce pouches, Jello, pudding. There was one day my burps tasted horrible, I figured it was some of the medicine or anesthesia or maybe the gas exiting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, AuntieMAME said:

I'm on the 22nd, too! Did they approve you?

~ AuntieMAME

I finally got approval last week. Nervously sick at the moment lol How are your nerves holding up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×