Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any March 2021 Sleeve Patients?

1 minute ago, ashdenee said:

Just had my surgery on the 31st!

Congrats. 29th for me. Give yourself patience. Lots of it . To me, this has been 75% mental. Follow what your team has educated you on, let yourself heal and try to keep telling yourself everyday that it gets easier and will be worth it.

Heaviest weight- 375

Presurgical weight- 329

Current weight- 318

Goal - 215

Overall I’m doing pretty good. I do get nauseous though and one of my incisions is driving me crazy lol. How are you feeling? I’m ready for solid food too. My first scrambled egg tasted amazing after being on liquids for so long, even with chewing it a million times!

Today was my first follow up from surgery on March 1st. I lost 20lbs before surgery from January 25-March 1. Today I was down 20lbs from March 1st surgery. Dr was pleased and said average is about 10-20 lbs. Prior to surgery, I took BP medicine, metformin, diabetic medication and acid reflux medicine. Today I am now only on my reflux medicine, diabetic medication (farxiga) has been reduced to 5mg, Calcium and multi Vitamin. My PCP expects I will be off all diabetic medication in a few weeks. 40lbs gone is awesome. Eating is getting better. sleep is interesting as some nights are great and others are full of insomnia. I am able to get in my Protein & Fluid even thought some days, it is mostly through liquid. I no longer regret the surgery at all. I actually wish I had done it much sooner. I need some easy protein ideas to carry in my cooler bag to lunch. I still have not been able to add vegetables to my meals, only protein. How are the rest of you doing?

8 hours ago, RobynLat said:

Overall I’m doing pretty good. I do get nauseous though and one of my incisions is driving me crazy lol. How are you feeling? I’m ready for solid food too. My first scrambled egg tasted amazing after being on liquids for so long, even with chewing it a million times!

I’m still getting the nausea also, it makes me crazy! I’m really struggling with getting anything down besides liquids! I’m still feeling good! I can’t believe it’s almost been a month already!

On 04/05/2021 at 21:32, Megz143 said:

I’m still getting the nausea also, it makes me crazy! I’m really struggling with getting anything down besides liquids! I’m still feeling good! I can’t believe it’s almost been a month already!

I can’t believe it’s been almost a month either! It’s weird, I feel like I was doing better with foods when I first started the puréed phase versus now.

Yes I’m two weeks from today and I can keep liquids down lost 26 pounds Protein Shakes make me throw up but I kinda having problem sipping I drink with water bottle w straw to help control that I ate fruit cup maybe took 4 scoops and got nauseous I need to take my time but otherwise kinda weak but much better than last week hopefully it gets better guys

Edited by Yaas BRAVE ONE

4 hours ago, GaGirlGettingHealthy said:

Today was my first follow up from surgery on March 1st. I lost 20lbs before surgery from January 25-March 1. Today I was down 20lbs from March 1st surgery. Dr was pleased and said average is about 10-20 lbs. Prior to surgery, I took BP medicine, metformin, diabetic medication and acid reflux medicine. Today I am now only on my reflux medicine, diabetic medication (farxiga) has been reduced to 5mg, Calcium and multi Vitamin. My PCP expects I will be off all diabetic medication in a few weeks. 40lbs gone is awesome. Eating is getting better. sleep is interesting as some nights are great and others are full of insomnia. I am able to get in my Protein & Fluid even thought some days, it is mostly through liquid. I no longer regret the surgery at all. I actually wish I had done it much sooner. I need some easy Protein ideas to carry in my cooler bag to lunch. I still have not been able to add vegetables to my meals, only protein. How are the rest of you doing?

Yes I’m two weeks from today and I can keep liquids down lost 26 pounds Protein Shakes make me throw up but I kinda having problem sipping I drink with water bottle w straw to help control that I ate fruit cup maybe took 4 scoops and got nauseous I need to take my time but otherwise kinda weak but much better than last week hopefully it gets better guys

good morning, I'm new here. I was sleeved on 3.31 n had my hiatal hernia repaired. Im still pretty swollen and wounds still itch like crazy. Being on liquids 2 wks prior was super hard, but its alot better now, trying to drink plenty of sf fluids n Water. wishing everyone a speedy recovery and a look forward to reading most helpful postings. gbu

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

I was sleeved on March 10. Weight loss for the first three weeks was 10, 4.5, 3.5 lbs. During this (fourth) week, I have lost half a pound, although I am keeping track of what I eat and stay well hydrated. Anyone else experience this weight loss slowdown?

1 minute ago, 171MaxH said:

I was sleeved on March 10. Weight loss for the first three weeks was 10, 4.5, 3.5 lbs. During this (fourth) week, I have lost half a pound, although I am keeping track of what I eat and stay well hydrated. Anyone else experience this weight loss slowdown?

Many have eperienced this. Its a stall, they can initially appear anywhere from week one up to who knows. Most of the initial stalls are experienced between week two up to about week six and can last anyway up to a week to three weeks or so.

Keep following your post op plan, and the scales will reflect your efforts again soon.

By the way it would be helpful if you filled in our profile...Surgery type, surgery date weight, current weight, height etc - it provide context to questions etc.