Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any March 2021 Sleeve Patients?

How are the rest of the Marchers doing? I went a little MIA trying to recover. No pain or anything but nausea was bad for me. I am two weeks and 1 day post op and feeling really good. My stomach still makes these sounds like a cat being tortured lol I am eating a bit more now and enjoying it. I get really full, really fast so my one or two bites are enjoyable.

3 hours ago, LoveSimcha said:

How are the rest of the Marchers doing? I went a little MIA trying to recover. No pain or anything but nausea was bad for me. I am two weeks and 1 day post op and feeling really good. My stomach still makes these sounds like a cat being tortured lol I am eating a bit more now and enjoying it. I get really full, really fast so my one or two bites are enjoyable.

Hey! Glad to hear you’re doing well. I’m 1 week and 1 day post op and I feel ok. No pain just a lot of head hunger can’t wait for purée the stage.

5 hours ago, LoveSimcha said:

Hi. That is a great description of the stomach sounds I'm sometimes having too 😂. I'm almost 2 weeks post op.

7 hours ago, groovygal said:

but 8 days post op I'm doing really well.

Thanks for the details @groovygal! I’m glad to hear you’re doing well. My surgery is at 9 am and the say to expect to be discharged around 7pm. Were you able to drink at all that first day, or was it all IV fluids?

HI All!! 23 days post op and doing really well! Moved into soft foods and have had fish, cottage cheese, and some steamed veggies. Still not feeling hungry which is a good thing, but I've realized that it doesn't really give me a chance to feel full. I haven't really tried pushing it to the limit as I don't want to get sick or hurt myself so I'm just sticking to 4oz portions, eating slowly, and chewing!

How's everyone else doing today?

28 minutes ago, njlimmer said:

HI All!! 23 days post op and doing really well! Moved into soft foods and have had fish, cottage cheese, and some steamed veggies. Still not feeling hungry which is a good thing, but I've realized that it doesn't really give me a chance to feel full. I haven't really tried pushing it to the limit as I don't want to get sick or hurt myself so I'm just sticking to 4oz portions, eating slowly, and chewing!

How's everyone else doing today?

I’m similar. Haven’t felt the restriction yet. And someone else told me that you feel it more once you get to solid food. I haven’t got there yet so idk but that’s what I was told by someone on here.

Hi There,

I had my sleeve done on the 23rd (3 days ago).

My stats:

Height: 5'2

Highest weight:226

Weight on Day of surgery 214

Weight Day 3: 203

Day 0--My surgery was was scheduled @2:15 pm. I woke up in recovery around 6:30pm with the worst nausea. The nurse helped me walk a bit and i was "released" to my room. The next few hours were horrible for me. I kept heaving which hurt my abdomen pretty bad. The nurse came every 2 hours to have me walk. I was given hearing shots in the stomach i think like 4 times. My blood was drawn like 5 times (over 2 days). I was weak from the heaving so that was tough, I was given anti nausea thru my IV. It took a lot of energy to send my husband a text letting him know I was ok.

Day 1- started off much like the end of day 1. They took me to x-ray to see if I could drink a half cup of sweet cherry testing liquid while they x-ray'd me to see it pass through my system. I passed but the whole time I was nauseated and wondered how I could drink that amt of liquid. The doctor came in and cleared me to go home, but first I had to drink 6 oz of Water (placed in 1oz cups) and an additional 2 paper cups of water. Drinking that amt was so tough. Finally the nurse was able to give me gas x (chewable). I went home and slept.

Day 2- I woke up to nausea and thirst. I walked downstairs and poured myself a glass of water and tried to sip it. GAS x is my best friend now because drinking any Fluid causes me so much gas. Day 2 goals was drinking 40oz of liquid. I had two sugar free popsicles and got close to the goals but didn't meet it. Overall Day 2 better than Day 1.

Day 3- Today I woke up determined to meet 40 oz goals. I am close. I woke up with less pain and find it easier to move around, just not hungry which is good. I am popping gas x like it is going out of style. The dr called and said that will last a couple of weeks but the more I read about it, it sounds more like 4 mos.

I will update more next month.

Thanks for listening.

@Flaca526 hang in there. My first 3 days were rough (though not as bad as yours) but I promise you it gets much better. I noticed I felt better the more I got up and moved around as well. You’ve got this!

On 3/11/2021 at 3:12 PM, LoveSimcha said:

Did you get a chance to ask them why they did a biopsy on your liver? I hope nothing serious.

I was informed during pre-op that doing a liver biopsy is common in my program if patients have a fatty liver and most WLS patients do. So, I expect that they will do one for me in April as well.

On 3/19/2021 at 5:39 PM, Shanell said:

Yaeeeeeee she ready!!!!!! You got this hun

Sent from my SM-S515DL using BariatricPal mobile app

Thank you Shanell! Surgery went well, no complications. Recovery has had it's ups and downs but overall blessed.

On 3/14/2021 at 3:39 PM, SistaSha said:

I am scheduled for 3/22 Gastric Sleeve. I have been on a high Protein, low carb pre-op for one week, as prescribed by doctor,

I have Chronic Kidney Disease, Stage 3a, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and family history of cardiovascular disease. Currently, I am 22 pounds down from my absolute highest weight, and 15 pounds higher than my lowest weight. I reached my low right before COVID and regained those 15 pounds over the past year.

I also turned 70 during this past COVID year, however, I do not feel, act or look like an old person. I work full time and am active with my 5 grandchildren. I'm hoping that my comorbidities will disappear and that I can live as long as my role model: my 96 year old beautiful, smart, and graceful mother who is loved by her 7 great-grand-children.

Wonderful!

1 hour ago, Blueslily said:

I was informed during pre-op that doing a liver biopsy is common in my program if patients have a fatty liver and most WLS patients do. So, I expect that they will do one for me in April as well.

They test for several things when they biopsy the liver, mine was normal, no sign of fatty liver.

How are the Marchers doing? I know we had a few coming up on the last days of March - how are you guys hanging in?

The holidays are hard with this surgery (just saying). everyone around is eating yummy food and I'm like - oh no I'm great and completely full from eating an egg, thanks. At least someone toss me a damn jellybean my way lol

I hope whatever holiday you guys are celebrating this week - or none at all and maybe just celebrating Spring - that you are having a great week.

On 2/6/2021 at 11:54 PM, LoveSimcha said:

Hi - I am new to the site. My sleeve surgery is scheduled for March 10th. Anyone else here set for March? I am super anxious but also looking forward to it. I had a lap band in 2009 and a slip in 2014 that required removal. Curious as to what your pre-op diet looks like. I am on partial liquids now and full liquids for two weeks before the surgery.

Nice to meet everyone!

I was just sleeved on 3/25. Has been more difficult than I anticipated with pain and hunger. But I’m hanging in there.

2 minutes ago, Burningsky00 said:

I was just sleeved on 3/25. Has been more difficult than I anticipated with pain and hunger. But I’m hanging in there.

Awww I'm sorry. While I didn't have pain - I was hungry. Some say it isn't real hunger but only head hunger - that isn't true. It does pass after a few days, especially once you can start consuming more. Be good to yourself and rest up these days (as much as you can). Sending you positive vibes.