Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any March 2021 Sleeve Patients?

2 hours ago, Deidra07 said:

I am scheduled for GS - April 5th...excited! Looking forward to support from this wonderful group!

Support you will get. This group is amazing. Just keep touching base and you will have an entire community with you each step of the way. Best of luck.

2 hours ago, melikeyzzz said:

Hi everyone. I'm new. I just had my procedure March 15.

Sent from my LG-H871 using BariatricPal mobile app

Welcome and congrats on your first steps towards the new you. Keep checking in here. This is the best group of people here. Anything you need someone else bas been there. Best.

9 hours ago, melikeyzzz said:

Hi everyone. I'm new. I just had my procedure March 15.

How are you feeling? I also had my surgery 3/15 😎

8 minutes ago, Jnfinney said:

How are you feeling? I also had my surgery 3/15 😎

Welcome. My surgery was 3/9 and I found this community just before that. I am so glad I did. The tips and tricks are great but the support in general is incredible. Comgrats on your surgery.

10 hours ago, oneblessedchild1978 said:

I have my procedure is on Wednesday in three days and I am nervous. My birthday is tomorrow and I am so anxious. Many changes along with new ways of thinking.

I had my bday the day before pre op diet started and I celebrated early so I didn’t have to go from restaurant food to liver shrinking diet overnight. I guess you have to skip the big meal alltogether this year. It will be well worth it though. Best gift you could ever give yourself. Happy Borthday. 🥳

Edited by ShoppGirl

How are you feeling? I also had my surgery 3/15 [emoji41]
Surgery twins! Lol. The first 2 days were like what did I get myself into lol but I'm feeling pretty good 6 days out now.

Welcome. My surgery was 3/9 and I found this community just before that. I am so glad I did. The tips and tricks are great but the support in general is incredible. Comgrats on your surgery.
Thanks! Congrats as well. I wish I had signed up before but glad to be here now.

1 hour ago, melikeyzzz said:

Surgery twins! Lol. The first 2 days were like what did I get myself into lol but I'm feeling pretty good 6 days out now.

I would say my experience was almost identical. I sat in my hospital room the day after surgery panicking about what I had done.... but today I just got done walking my dogs for a mile!

On 3/7/2021 at 9:04 AM, Auderly said:

I had mine March 2 and am still in the hospital, I had some complication but on the mend now. Still on the clear liquid diet. I am not on any pain meds, not having any pain except for gas.how hard was it to move to phase 2? I read one post that kind of scared me. I have a terrible taste in my mouth, anyone else have that issue?

I'm so sorry to hear about your complications! That is crazy, I had some trouble to so I understand how scary it was.

I had my procedure on 3/9. So far so good. I had another procedure unrelated to weight, etc. a couple years ago that had a rough recovery (craniotomy/acoustic neuroma removal) so I was planning for the worst here but, like I said, pretty positive outcomes so far.

25 minutes ago, Hookem56 said:

I had my procedure on 3/9. So far so good. I had another procedure unrelated to weight, etc. a couple years ago that had a rough recovery (craniotomy/acoustic neuroma removal) so I was planning for the worst here but, like I said, pretty positive outcomes so far.

I was the 9th as well and so far have had very good luck. From my research I was expecting pain of 7 or 8 on a scale of ten and fortunately had nothing like that. I had post op appt today and it was all Good news. I am so happy I made the decision to take this journey. I think it’s the best decision I ever made for myself.

On 3/18/2021 at 12:00 PM, Rosie_flips said:

I hope you’re resting well! If you have the capacity/want to would you be able to share a bit about what your experience was like as an outpatient? My clinic also does the sleeve as an outpatient procedure as standard.

@Rosie_flips I was nervous to have it done outpatient, but honestly it has gone really smoothly. My surgical team set me up with IV hydration at my house the day after surgery, thank god because that first 24-48 hrs I was really struggling to get fluids in. I ended up scheduling another hydration appointment with that nurse the next day just to be proactive, and I think that was a good decision because the next day when I woke up I felt I had really turned a corner (day 3 post op)

They also were very proactive with nausea meds and I never had any nausea that I can remember. Apparently I vomited in post-op but I don't remember.

Here's how my outpatient surgery went-

• Checked into the hospital @3p
  • Pre-op stuff 3-5p
  • Surgery at 5:30p
  • Post-Op 6:30p ish to 10:30p ish. They kept me several hours with IV fluids, got me up and walking, tried to get me to pee, but I couldn't. Discharged with orders to come back to the hospital if I hadn't peed in 6 hours. which didn't end up being an issue.
  • Home and in bed by 11:30p. I didn't think I would be able to sleep in my bed, but I did just fine, propped up on pillows a bit.

Hope this helps with anyone who is looking at having outpatient surgery. My insurance required it due to COVID, and I was nervous- but 8 days post op I'm doing really well.

On 3/18/2021 at 1:11 PM, JustJazzy said:

Glad you’re home and not doing so bad. I’m being released today they made me drink 24oz of Water in order to be released. I have one more 8oz bottle of Water left.

@JustJazzy How are you doing? I've been MIA from here, just recovering and sip sip sipping away.... I hope you are feeling well!

56 minutes ago, groovygal said:

@JustJazzy How are you doing? I've been MIA from here, just recovering and sip sip sipping away.... I hope you are feeling well!

Hey! Sipping just like you. No complaints , no pain feeling great actually 10lbs down week 1 post op so I’m excited about that.

Edited by JustJazzy

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Prdgrdma

So I guess after gastric bypass surgery, I cant eat flock chips because they are fried???  They sell them on here so I thought I could have them. So high in protein and no carbs.  They don't bother me at all.  Help. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NickelChip

It's possible for a very high fat meal to cause dumping in some (30% or so) gastric bypass patients, although it's more likely to be triggered by high sugar, or by the high fat/high sugar combo (think ice cream, donuts). Dietitians will tell you to never do anything that isn't 100% healthy ever again. Realistically, you should aim for a good balance of protein, carbs, and fat each day. Should you eat fried foods every day? No. Is it possible they will make you sick? Maybe. Is it okay to eat some to see what happens and have them for a treat every now and again? Yes.

• NovelTee

I'm not at all hungry on this liquid pre-op diet, but I miss the sensation of chewing. It's been about two weeks––surgery is in two days––and I can't imagine how I'll feel a couple of weeks post-op. Tonight, I randomly stumbled upon a mukbang channel on YouTube, and it was strangely soothing... is it just me, or is this a thing? 
      · 1 reply
      1. NickelChip

I actually watched cooking shows during my pre-op, like Great British Baking Show. It was a little bizarre, but didn't make me hungry. I think it was also soothing in a way.

• Clueless_girl

How do you figure out what your ideal weight should be? I've had a figure in my head for years, but after 3 mths of recovery I'm already almost there. So maybe my goal should be lower?
      · 3 replies
      1. NickelChip

Well, there is actually a formula for "Ideal Body Weight" and you can use a calculator to figure it out for you. This one also does an adjusted weight for a person who starts out overweight or obese. https://www.mdcalc.com/calc/68/ideal-body-weight-adjusted-body-weight

I would use that as a starting point, and then just see how you feel as you lose. How you look and feel is more important than a number.

2. Clueless_girl

I did find different calculators but I couldn't find any that accounted for body frame. But you're right, it is just a number. It was just disheartening to see that although I lost 60% of my excess weight, it's still not in the "normal/healthy" range..

3. NickelChip

I think it's important to remember that the weight charts and BMI ranges were developed a very long time ago and only intended to be applied to people who have never been overweight or obese. Those numbers aren't for us. When you are larger, especially for a long time, your body develops extra bone to support the weight. Your organs get a little bigger to handle the extra mass. Your entire infrastructure increases so you can support and function with the extra weight. That doesn't all go away just because you burn off the excess fat. If you still had a pair of jeans from your skinniest point in life and then lost weight to get to the exact number on the scale you were when those jeans fit you, chances are they would be a little baggy now because you would actually be thinner than you were, even though the scale and the BMI chart disagree. When in doubt, listen to the jeans, not the scale!

• Aunty Mamo

Tomorrow marks two weeks since surgery day and while I'm feeling remarkably well and going about just about every normal activity, I did wind up with a surface abscess on on of my incision sights and was put on an antibiotic that made me so impacted that it took me more than two hours to eliminate yesterday and scared the hell out of me. Now there's Miralax in all my beverages that aren't Smooth Move tea. I cannot experience that again. I shouldn't have to take Ativan to go to the lady's. I really looking forward to my body getting with the program again. 
      I'm in day three of the "puree" stage of eating and despite the strange textures, all of the savory flavors seem decadent. 
      I timed this surgery so that I'd be recovering during my spring break. That was a good plan. Today is a state holiday and the final day of break. I feel really strong to return to school tomorrow. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Now that I'm in maintenance mode, I'm getting a into a routine for my meals. Every day, I start out with 8-16 ounces of water, and then a proffee, which I have come to look forward to even the night before. My proffees are simply a black coffee with a protein powder added. There are three products that I cycle through: Premier Vanilla, Orgain Vanilla, and Dymatize Vanilla.
      For second breakfast on workdays, I will have a low-fat yogurt with two tablespoons of PBFit and two teaspoons of no sugar added dried cherries. I will have ingested 35-45 grams of protein at this point between the two breakfasts, with 250-285 calories, and about 20 carbs.
      For second breakfast on non-workdays, I will prepare two servings of plain, instant oatmeal with a tablespoon of an olive oil-based spread. This means I will have had 34 grams of protein, 365 calories, and 38 carbs. Non-workdays are when I am being very active with training sessions, so I allow myself more carbohydrate fuel.
      Snacks on any day are always mixed nuts, even when I am travelling. I will have 0.2 cups of a blend that I make myself. It consists of dry roasted peanuts, cashews, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, pistachios, and Brazil nuts. This is 5 grams of protein, 163 calories, and 7 carbs.
      Breakfast and snacks have been the easiest to nail down. Lunch and dinner have more variables, and I prepare enough for leftovers. I concentrate on protein first, and then add vegetables. Typically tempeh, tofu, or Field Roast products with roasted or sautéed vegetables. Today, I will be eating leftovers from last night. Two ounces of tempeh with four ounces of roasted vegetables that consist of red and yellow sweet peppers, sweet potatoes, small purple potatoes, zucchini, and carrots. I will add a tablespoon of olive oil-based spread, break up 3 walnuts to sprinkle of top, and garnish with two tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese. This particular meal will be 19 grams of protein, 377 calories, and 28 grams of carbs. Bear in mind that I do eat more carbs when I am not working, and I focus on ingesting healthy carbs instead of breads/crackers/chips/crisps.
      It's a helluva journey and I'm thankful to be on it!

· 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches