Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any March 2021 Sleeve Patients?

3 hours ago, Jnfinney said:

@Rosie_flips I’m not really sure you can prepare yourself for getting all your fluids in after surgery. I’ve honestly spent the past 4 days sleeping on and off and I sip Water and pedialyte when I am awake. If you are wanting to practice, try taking the tiniest sips of your life, no matter how thirsty you are. I caused a bout of nausea when I drank too fast. The first day I was allowed to have 15 ml of Water every 15 minutes. The second day I was allowed to have 30 ml of water every 10 minutes.

@JustJazzy I had my surgery Monday and I too am sore as hell. Luckily I only had the sleeve and a liver biopsy, so I can imagine you are much more sore than I am. On day 2, I sat in my hospital room thinking what the hell did I do to myself? And I was almost regretting this. I can say that each day the pain subsides a tiny bit more and it is getting easier. I have been taking liquid Tylenol as frequently as I can and that seems to be helping as well. I’ve also had good luck with ice packs.

I had a liver biopsy too!!! When do you expect to get your results?? I'm so stressed waiting to hear the results!!!

@Allie Still my surgeon never mentioned the results to me, but my clinic has an online system where you can check all diagnostic tests like lab work, X rays, etc. So I got a notification on my email that a new result was posted and it basically said there was nothing out of the ordinary with my liver. My surgeon said he wanted to do the liver biopsy because my blood tests were showing inflammation, however, he told me it was highly likely that my liver had inflammation due to being overweight so long and eating a high fat diet. I'm pretty sure my liver biopsy results were posted the next day.

1 minute ago, Jnfinney said:

@Allie Still my surgeon never mentioned the results to me, but my clinic has an online system where you can check all diagnostic tests like lab work, X rays, etc. So I got a notification on my email that a new result was posted and it basically said there was nothing out of the ordinary with my liver. My surgeon said he wanted to do the liver biopsy because my blood tests were showing inflammation, however, he told me it was highly likely that my liver had inflammation due to being overweight so long and eating a high fat diet. I'm pretty sure my liver biopsy results were posted the next day.

Oh thats great that your results came back and aren't anything to be stressed about! I keep reminding myself that this surgery and lifestyle change is the best thing I could have done for my liver but it's really stressing me out!

8 minutes ago, Allie Still said:

The first day I was allowed to have 15 ml of Water every 15 minutes. The second day I was allowed to have 30 ml of Water every 10 minutes.

Thank you for this, it really helps to be able to visualize that (it’s tiny amounts!)

3 hours ago, ShoppGirl said:

Someone on here suggested using a small shot glass or medicine cup and setting alarms. My only tip is the Premier Protein clear Protein drink

Thank you! I’m going to try the medicine cup and alarm thing. I do MUCH better when I can visualize what’s coming. And thank you for the suggestion. I was on the fence about Protein water and you’ve decided me!

3 hours ago, groovygal said:

My surgery was outpatient so they sent me home last night at 11p

I hope you’re resting well! If you have the capacity/want to would you be able to share a bit about what your experience was like as an outpatient? My clinic also does the sleeve as an outpatient procedure as standard.

11 minutes ago, Rosie_flips said:

I hope you’re resting well! If you have the capacity/want to would you be able to share a bit about what your experience was like as an outpatient? My clinic also does the sleeve as an outpatient procedure as standard.

My experience at the surgery center was wonderful with a great team of nurses and doctors. You go in and they prep you. They get an intake with weight and vitals, gown. Multiple doctors come to make sure you are okay and ask multiple history questions. Very important to have followed the pre op diet. (A woman next to me went it and was turned away after the surgery was started. The important part is to lose at least 8lbs and stay off carbs. My doc let me have one diet coke a day. I used my own Protein Shakes and almond milk.) After that the surgeon comes in and wheels you into the room. That was the last thing I remembered. I woke up feeling nauseous, but they give you something for that. You basically have to walk around and void a certain number of cc's before they let you go, So they push Water and walking. I was there 8 hours post op. Went home at 8:00pm. I am not going to lie. It sucks. Your stomach is filled with air for weeks and it is painful. You burp and have gas non stop. Don't try to eat. You don't need it. Just get the liquids down. The last thing you want is dehydration. Walk as much as you can because not only does it help with clots, but it helps so much with the gas. My turning point was 4 weeks. I am just now tolerating some food, however, I never felt hungry. I just started my Vitamins bc that hurt too. My doctor said I have enough weight on my body to survive not eating. I lived off water, broth and popsicles. I just added tuna and chicken noodle Soup. Just remember when you go back to eating, you will only be able to eat 2-3 bites. You will not be able to eat the way you use to eat. Tomato Soup did not work well with me. I can't stand Protein shakes now. I tried the mashed banana with some Peanut Butter and it was a terrible experience. It is all trial and error. Just be patient and don't believe all the hype that you have to get so much protein in etc... that all comes later in the 5-6 week. I am still miserable sometimes, but I know it will all be worth it. I am in my fifth week and lost 35lbs. I started at 257. Good luck!

@InItoWinIt it is funny how places can be so different. For instance, I was not weighed on my surgery date. I was also no required to void a certain amount before I could go home. My requirements were pretty much that I was keeping liquid down on my own and that I was getting up to walk. Now that you mention the gas, the constant gurgling in my stomach is driving me crazy! It is non-stop!

4 hours ago, groovygal said:

Doing pretty good. My surgery was outpatient so they sent me home last night at 11p. Trying to get these gas bubbles out is no joke. No pain yet except for that, and some soreness on y upper abdomen. (Also had hiatal hernia repair)

I’ll check in again later- so sleepy!

Glad you’re home and not doing so bad. I’m being released today they made me drink 24oz of Water in order to be released. I have one more 8oz bottle of water left.

Hi - I am new to the site. My sleeve surgery is scheduled for March 10th. Anyone else here set for March? I am super anxious but also looking forward to it. I had a lap band in 2009 and a slip in 2014 that required removal. Curious as to what your pre-op diet looks like. I am on partial liquids now and full liquids for two weeks before the surgery.
Nice to meet everyone!

Done 15th March [emoji7] how's going your post op?

Gretlavsg

I had my sleeve surgery 3/16- so today is 3 days post op. It’s quite an adjustment but nothing crazy!! Good luck to you!!

Anyone else constantly feel nauseous? Surgery was 3/10 and the thought of ay kind of food (or even shakes) makes me feel nauseous. Even Soups our making me queasy. I have those nausea pills but I am not using them because it is only around food that I get sick. Water is still going down fine and even had some other drinks like tea and juice.

@LoveSimcha I had that the first 3 days where the sight, smell, or even thought of food made me nauseous. It is better for me now where only certain things make me nauseous. For example, my sister ate a filet o fish in front of me and the smell of that thing had my stomach rolling. I can’t quite stomach Protein Shakes yet either, they’re way too sweet and nothing tastes the same to me. My doctor told me I could have skim milk, so I’ve been drinking a little of that everyday to at least get some calories in.