Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any March 2021 Sleeve Patients?

Oh yes, my surgery is booked for March 15th. Struggling with the pre op diet if I’m honest. But I’m getting there. Good luck to everyone this month 🤗

I just got scheduled for March 24th.
my dr does not require a pre op diet. I just have to be on liquids the day before and no food or drink past midnight sort of thing.
I am so excited! I started this process in March of last year and because of covid and delays it has taken this long to get this far !
because I am with Kaiser my process has been a bit different than others. I’ve had to do a weight loss program, classes, and counseling for months to prepare for this

I had surgery on 3/1 and had a few complications but still got to go home after about 24 hours. I had a band to sleeve revision and my band had slipped and was doing some damage to my liver - so I have a lovely drain on my side for another few days.

Thankfully very little nausea or pain. The worst has been the gas pain that is near the drain site - it is stabbing. Showering has been difficult but I still get up and (slowly) walk as much as I can. Staying hydrated too. Looking forward to getting the drain removed next week which I think will make me feel 1000% better.

2 hours ago, Orinskye said:

I just got scheduled for March 24th.
my dr does not require a pre op diet. I just have to be on liquids the day before and no food or drink past midnight sort of thing.
I am so excited! I started this process in March of last year and because of covid and delays it has taken this long to get this far !
because I am with Kaiser my process has been a bit different than others. I’ve had to do a weight loss program, classes, and counseling for months to prepare for this

So glad you are finally getting in! It will be here before you know it. Congrats!

Hi I am new here and very anxious an nervous on getting surgery just wanting too know Has any gotten the dulwich sleeve surgery

9 hours ago, Shanimal said:

I had surgery on 3/1 and had a few complications but still got to go home after about 24 hours. I had a band to sleeve revision and my band had slipped and was doing some damage to my liver - so I have a lovely drain on my side for another few days.

Thankfully very little nausea or pain. The worst has been the gas pain that is near the drain site - it is stabbing. Showering has been difficult but I still get up and (slowly) walk as much as I can. Staying hydrated too. Looking forward to getting the drain removed next week which I think will make me feel 1000% better.

I had a surgery a couple years ago that required a drain and let me tell you getting that out will be heaven! Thinking of you. I’m a former lapband patient going to get my sleeve here soon. I had been scheduled in February and it got postponed at the last minute. Rest assured I’m thinking of you because drains are no fun but the other side is glory with that aspect. :)

I had mine done March 1st, home after 32 hours... pain and lack of sleep through the first day, but started feeling better after a nap and change in pain meds. Been home 2-3 days and am mostly sore on right side. Dr said this is where he pulled the stomach out and sewed it up tight so I don’t get a hernia. I am challenged to bend over, even just a little like when I am trying to sit or stand. shakes are going well, hydration is fair, I feel like I could do better. I’m using Senekot instead of Miralax...still waiting.... I know it takes times, I just wish I knew how long...oh well, still glad I did it!

2nd week Marchers ! How are you guys feeling ? What’s the emotion are you feeling today lol. I know it changes by the minute. Lol wishing you guys luck and speedy recovery

8 minutes ago, JustJazzy said:

2nd week Marchers ! How are you guys feeling ? What’s the emotion are you feeling today lol. I know it changes by the minute. Lol wishing you guys luck and speedy recovery

Well I am officially starving!!!!! 5 days and counting till surgery. I have jitters all day when I think about it. How are you holding up? I think it hits everyone in stages but I have been on and off a basket of nerves.

2 minutes ago, LoveSimcha said:

Well I am officially starving!!!!! 5 days and counting till surgery. I have jitters all day when I think about it. How are you holding up? I think it hits everyone in stages but I have been on and off a basket of nerves.

I’m on day 3 of pre op diet and I’m starving as well. Lol I’m just excited and ready for the next phase of this journey

Edited by JustJazzy

1 minute ago, JustJazzy said:

I’m on day 3 of post op diet and I’m starving as well. Lol I’m just excited and ready for the next phase of this journey

How is your pain? Are you getting around? Congrats on being on your way to a new you!

6 hours ago, Tienou said:

I had mine done March 1st, home after 32 hours... pain and lack of sleep through the first day, but started feeling better after a nap and change in pain meds. Been home 2-3 days and am mostly sore on right side. Dr said this is where he pulled the stomach out and sewed it up tight so I don’t get a hernia. I am challenged to bend over, even just a little like when I am trying to sit or stand. shakes are going well, hydration is fair, I feel like I could do better. I’m using Senekot instead of Miralax...still waiting.... I know it takes times, I just wish I knew how long...oh well, still glad I did it!

Hang in there! I am sure it will get better. Sorry you are in pain. Did they prescribe anything for you? Congrats on getting it done.

3 minutes ago, LoveSimcha said:

How is your pain? Are you getting around? Congrats on being on your way to a new you!

Sorry I meant to say pre op. My surgery is March 17th. Still some time.

1 hour ago, JustJazzy said:

Sorry I meant to say pre op. My surgery is March 17th. Still some time.

No worries! I will report back after mine is done on the 10th!

I had my surgery on Wednesday March 2, but not doing very well, I am still in the hospital. The day of surgery I had a hard time urinating. They kept taking bladder scans and found a problem. A blood clot and leaking from the staples. They took me back into surgery yesterday and were able to remove it, then they put clamps where the staple line was leaking blood. Yesterday had some pain, to days only pain is getting out or in bed or a chair. Hospital broth is the worse so I am sticking to sugarless Jello.

Surgeon has been doing this 11 years and has only experienced problems like this twice and both were in the last 6 months.thank goodness they put in a catheter while I was asleep yesterday because getting out of a bed or chair is very painful.

now tonight I had problems with intravenous, as they are giving me liquids and all the other ones hurt so bad so they did an ultra sound to find a good vein, so now it is in my upper arm.

with all these complications I keep questioning myself on why I did this.

Good luck to everyone else, hope you don’t ave the problems I have experienced.