Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any March 2021 Sleeve Patients?

1 hour ago, njlimmer said:

At the hospital getting ready for surgery. Send prayers and good vibes.

coming your way, we got this, mine's at 2pm

11 hours ago, JennaP said:

Hello! I am home after my surgery 3/1 & it went really well! Some annoying cramping and a couple sore spots that flare when I shift, but overall, I am super excited! Thanks for being here & so helpful.

Glad to hear you are well and home. Congrats!

Last night at home was great. Surgery was Monday and so far the only challenge I have had was major "sleeve rash" as some have called it. I look like I have a really bad sunburn all on my face. I have a call into the dr. Lots of gassy sound & bubble sounds when you really begin to focus on Protein & liquid. So far that isn't so bad. The best advice is walk, walk, and walk some more. The shower yesterday at home felt great. Overall, while nothing is easy, this has been "easy" to handle. One piece of advice is to really plan what your week home from the hospital looks like. For instance, I started this morning with Gatorade2 and then went to a Protein Shake with Premier Protein cafe latte, ice, fairlife mild and a packet of Miralax. For me the Gatorade2 made it easier to begin on the shake next. Slow and sip, slow and sip. I was able to sleep in my own bed last night for 4 hrs, got up walked around, sat in recliner for an hour, walked some more and went back to my bed until 6am. Body is going to need rest so don't push anything. I for one am going to enjoy the journey. Feel free to ask any questions. I know we all have different experiences.

28 minutes ago, Lane McCormack said:

Last night at home was great.

Nice to be home! Take it easy (but get your walking in 🙂 ).

Do you find it hard to sleep in your bed? Just wondering why you switched to the recliner.

4 hours ago, njlimmer said:

At the hospital getting ready for surgery. Send prayers and good vibes.

You got this!!!! Sending you positive wishes.

I think because I had been in the hospital bed and then my bed, my body just needed a different position so sitting in the recliner for a bit did help. I was able to go back to sleep in my bed around 2am. I think it is okay to rotate around to since my dr wants me up walking every 4 hours. I did not find it difficult to sleep in the bed overall.

1 hour ago, Lane McCormack said:

Last night at home was great. Surgery was Monday and so far the only challenge I have had was major "sleeve rash" as some have called it. I look like I have a really bad sunburn all on my face. I have a call into the dr. Lots of gassy sound & bubble sounds when you really begin to focus on Protein & liquid. So far that isn't so bad. The best advice is walk, walk, and walk some more. The shower yesterday at home felt great. Overall, while nothing is easy, this has been "easy" to handle. One piece of advice is to really plan what your week home from the hospital looks like. For instance, I started this morning with Gatorade2 and then went to a Protein Shake with Premier Protein cafe latte, ice, fairlife mild and a packet of Miralax. For me the Gatorade2 made it easier to begin on the shake next. Slow and sip, slow and sip. I was able to sleep in my own bed last night for 4 hrs, got up walked around, sat in recliner for an hour, walked some more and went back to my bed until 6am. Body is going to need rest so don't push anything. I for one am going to enjoy the journey. Feel free to ask any questions. I know we all have different experiences.

I am so glad you said that! My face looks super splotchy and I didn't understand what was happening. Please keep us posted!

3 hours ago, Lane McCormack said:

I was worried about my face being so red.. thanks fod letting me know...what did the dr. Tell you qbout it?

Dr thinks I’m allergic to the antibiotic they gave me. He called in a prescription for steroids and even with one dose in, I can tell the difference. Definitely call your dr. Im so glad I did.

How is all the Marchers doing today? I am getting tired of this liquid diet and honestly, I am hungry. 6 more days till surgery and nerves are rattled.

5 minutes ago, LoveSimcha said:

How is all the Marchers doing today? I am getting tired of this liquid diet and honestly, I am hungry. 6 more days till surgery and nerves are rattled.

I am six days away from surgery as well! my surgery is on March 10. I am struggling with the liquid diet as well, and feeling hungry. I hope I won't be as hungry going on the post-op liquid diet!

8 minutes ago, 171MaxH said:

I am six days away from surgery as well! my surgery is on March 10. I am struggling with the liquid diet as well, and feeling hungry. I hope I won't be as hungry going on the post-op liquid diet!

Yes - we are surgery buddies - same day! The nurse said the first couple of days of the pre-op diet is hard but it gets easier. I am find just the opposite. Today my stomach is growling!

10 minutes ago, LoveSimcha said:

Yes - we are surgery buddies - same day! The nurse said the first couple of days of the pre-op diet is hard but it gets easier. I am find just the opposite. Today my stomach is growling!

same here with the stomach growling!!

On 3/1/2021 at 9:03 AM, LoveSimcha said:

Does anyone feel like they are going to burst with anxiety / excitement / nerves - whatever this is? I am not till the 10th and yet today when I looked at my phone and saw March - I think reality hit. I have been having jitters all day - might also be from the liquid diet but I think it is looking at the calendar and seeing March!!!

These next 10 days are going

My surgery is scheduled for March 22. I’m very excited and nervous