Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any March 2021 Sleeve Patients?

Hi all! My sleeve surgery is Monday, the 1st. Eek! I'm so excited and nervous. I had my final pre-op appt this morning and both the pregnancy and COVID test were negative so I'm good to go!

13 hours ago, tony_h said:

Hi - I am also new to the site and have the same surgery date as you - March 10th. I'm nervous and excited for the surgery in equal measure. Also having pangs of guilt that I'm having to resort to surgery having never managed to diet and exercise my way to weight loss over the last 20 years.

Wishing you the very best of luck with your surgery.

Tony

Another surgery twin - I think that is 3 of us on the 10th. I had my abdominal and leg sonogram today and of course my letter of medical necessity was not in so i am stressing a bit since they needed to submit the case to the insurance.

1 hour ago, LoveSimcha said:

Another surgery twin - I think that is 3 of us on the 10th. I had my abdominal and leg sonogram today and of course my letter of medical necessity was not in so i am stressing a bit since they needed to submit the case to the insurance.

Makes us surgery triplets!

may I ask why you had to have the abdominal and leg sonogram? Is this is pre-op requirement where you are?

are you both on a 3 week pre-op diet?

Here’s to the challenges ahead, may they strengthen us and fortify our resolve to live our best life!

1 hour ago, ZZinBC said:

Makes us surgery triplets!

may I ask why you had to have the abdominal and leg sonogram? Is this is pre-op requirement where you are?

are you both on a 3 week pre-op diet?

Here’s to the challenges ahead, may they strengthen us and fortify our resolve to live our best life!

It is part of the standard clearances my doctor wants. They are looking for plaque in the legs, how fatty your liver is and I am not sure why they scan the stomach as well. We have leg and abdominal sonograms, sleep study, lung strength test (breathing test), Stress test, echocardiogram, ekg, nutrition, psych, panel blood work, endoscopy - I think that is about it. I did ask if these were required because of my weight (I am a higher weight than a lot of patients) and they said nope - required of all patients for the practice. Supposedly the practice has a much lower complication rate that most other centers / practices and it is because of their prep work before the surgery.

My pre-op diet consists of a 5 week plan - first 2 weeks I eliminate a meal with a shake (1 shake a day), then the next two weeks it is 2 shakes a day and one light clean meal. The last week is complete liquid shakes 3 times a day.

You certainly have to want to do this because if you don't, you wouldn't go through all the stuff required.

New user here as well! My sleeve surgery is scheduled for March 10th as well!! Day 5 on the pre op diet and I'm READY to get it over with!!

March 1st for me! 😬

I’m the 1st at 12:30. The nerves, excitement and energy are very high right now. Not much longer. I’ve lost 20lbs on pre-op. Love having all of the posts to read and learn from each day

All the first week Marchers how excited/nervous are you guys? Could you believe the time has come? I’m so excited for you and nervous for myself. Good luck to you all!

On a scale of 1-10 I am at a 7 right now lol my surgery is Wednesday and I just really cannot believe it! Seems like I’ve been on this journey forever in reality 6 months lol

On 2/6/2021 at 11:54 PM, LoveSimcha said:

Hi - I am new to the site. My sleeve surgery is scheduled for March 10th. Anyone else here set for March? I am super anxious but also looking forward to it. I had a lap band in 2009 and a slip in 2014 that required removal. Curious as to what your pre-op diet looks like. I am on partial liquids now and full liquids for two weeks before the surgery.

Nice to meet everyone!

Also brand new to the site. My procedure is scheduled for 3/29/2021 (with my second COVID vaccination shot the week before 😅). I followed everyone with a Match surger so we could be a cohort! 🥰

Edited by BluPhoenix
Wanted to add that I was new.

9 minutes ago, Hopefulin2021 said:

On a scale of 1-10 I am at a 7 right now lol my surgery is Wednesday and I just really cannot believe it! Seems like I’ve been on this journey forever in reality 6 months lol

I can only imagine! The day before you’ll hit that 10 lol. Luckily I didn’t have to wait the 6 months my insurance had no wait.

I go in Monday! Woot! Any idea about what to wear? I was thinking a loose dress and tights that aren't constricting (snag brand which are plus-size friendly & not spanx-y). Are bras okay? I watched a surgery on youtube & can't tell if incisions would be irritated or not.

I am scheduled for surgery on March 3, 2021. I am only on day 2 of liquid diet and just want to get this over with, when there is nothing wrong, hard to just have these liquids, I have to admit I am a little hungry. Everything is sweet, the shakes, the Vitamins, need something not sweet other than just Water.

Edited by Auderly