Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any March 2021 Sleeve Patients?

I am scheduled for March 1st. So excited and a bundle of nerves all at the same time.

I had my consultation today, I'm self pay so I have to get a letter from my Primary care dr, lab work and do an online nutrition class. If all my labs come back normal I will get scheduled for the nutrition class then should be scheduling surgery soon after. worried about my A1c because Im a terrible diabetic and know its not what it should be.

8 hours ago, LindsayS0917 said:

I had my consultation today, I'm self pay so I have to get a letter from my Primary care dr, lab work and do an online nutrition class. If all my labs come back normal I will get scheduled for the nutrition class then should be scheduling surgery soon after. worried about my A1c because Im a terrible diabetic and know its not what it should be.

I don’t know much about diabetes, but shouldn’t that be an indicator that this surgery is necessary for you? Especially if your A1C is high? Best of luck to you!

9 hours ago, LindsayS0917 said:

Some surgeons want to see an A1c in control (7 or under) and some surgeons see it as additional proof that the surgery is needed. The issue with an A1c being very high is that it will hinder your ability to heal faster after the surgery. My previous surgeon wanted my A1c under 7 but my current surgeon doesn't look at A1c because he realizes that some patients are just going to be unable to get their numbers low enough - especially that is takes 3 months to see movement in A1c results. Whatever it is, it is. Your surgeon will guide you and hopefully after the surgery your numbers will improve drastically. Good luck - I know the dreaded A1c waiting for results feeling.

On 2/13/2021 at 12:48 AM, Tienou said:

I’m scheduled for March 1st. I had the band in 2010...never really helped. Got it removed last Oct and am finally ready to make this happen. I’ll be starting my liquid diet Monday and be on it for 14 days pre-op

Mine just got moved to March 2nd it was initially for the 17th but someone cancelled. I’m excited but nervous lol I start my pre-op diet tomorrow.

2 hours ago, LoveSimcha said:

Some surgeons want to see an A1c in control (7 or under) and some surgeons see it as additional proof that the surgery is needed. The issue with an A1c being very high is that it will hinder your ability to heal faster after the surgery. My previous surgeon wanted my A1c under 7 but my current surgeon doesn't look at A1c because he realizes that some patients are just going to be unable to get their numbers low enough - especially that is takes 3 months to see movement in A1c results. Whatever it is, it is. Your surgeon will guide you and hopefully after the surgery your numbers will improve drastically. Good luck - I know the dreaded A1c waiting for results feeling.

I called and they said they would look at it. I know it was close to 9 when I had it checked last. I agree I think it would just show that I need this surgery that much more. I had an appointment with my PCP but it was canceled due to the weather. Hopefully I can get in soon.

4 hours ago, Jnfinney said:

I don’t know much about diabetes, but shouldn’t that be an indicator that this surgery is necessary for you? Especially if your A1C is high? Best of luck to you!

well its lower than it has been in the past. They said they would just look at the lab work and see what it says. hopefully its good enough to get scheduled soon

1 hour ago, LindsayS0917 said:

well its lower than it has been in the past. They said they would just look at the lab work and see what it says. hopefully its good enough to get scheduled soon

Good luck, I hope all goes well for you!

March 26th. Revision from lapband. I'm nervous and excited. Hope to get back to running and fitting into my old clothes again.

Mine is going to the insurance for approval on March 1st so crossing fingers for surgery to be in March.

On 2/13/2021 at 12:48 AM, Tienou said:

I’m scheduled for March 1st. I had the band in 2010...never really helped. Got it removed last Oct and am finally ready to make this happen. I’ll be starting my liquid diet Monday and be on it for 14 days pre-op

My date changed from March 17th to March 2nd! I started my preop today, I’m nervous but excited. Good luck to you!

I’m getting the bypass on March 3rd. Just started the pre-op today. shakes, broths, and some sugar free Jello and popsicles for the next two weeks!!

55 minutes ago, njlimmer said:

I’m getting the bypass on March 3rd. Just started the pre-op today. shakes, broths, and some sugar free Jello and popsicles for the next two weeks!!

Same here!

On 2/6/2021 at 9:54 PM, LoveSimcha said:

Hi - I am new to the site. My sleeve surgery is scheduled for March 10th. Anyone else here set for March? I am super anxious but also looking forward to it. I had a lap band in 2009 and a slip in 2014 that required removal. Curious as to what your pre-op diet looks like. I am on partial liquids now and full liquids for two weeks before the surgery.

Nice to meet everyone!

I’m brand spanking new. In fact, hit sign up after I read your post. I’m March 10 as well!

I am 3 weeks with 5 Protein Shakes per day. As a vegan, I am on the Vega brand premade.

Edited by ZZinBC
Forgot to answer question