Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So, since I moved on from straight liquids to actual food, it seems like my weight loss has slowed to 2 pounds a week. So for the entire month of January is was 2-2.2 pounds. I understand I am losing but in my head I really thought I would lose 4lbs a week or something after surgery. I am almost down 50 (45 in total) and 26lbs post op (6 weeks out).

I stick to the meal plan, get enough Protein, Water, and take my Vitamins. I don’t cheat ever. So it kind of stings that it’s 2lbs a week. I did talk to my surgeon and she said my weight loss should pickup more from months 4-8 especially but that I am on track with their calculations. I don’t know. I know I’m not the 600lb life people but I thought I’d be losing 3-4lbs a week. Just feeling kind of bummed today I guess. Which is dumb because I lost 2.2lbs this week.

Anyone else a slow loser? Anyone have any tips to move the needle a little faster?

2.2 lbs/week = 114 lbs in a year! Before surgery I couldn’t even have fathomed losing that much in a year. You’re doing fine! Trust the process, continue tracking and exercise as you’re able and those pounds will add up to a huge loss.

Two pounds in a week is GREAT! Take it! Take it!

most people see the biggest drops during the first month or two after surgery. After that, it does slow down to about 2-3 lbs a week (maybe a bit higher for those with a higher starting BMI). So your rate of loss is pretty normal. I'm not sure where you started, but I was well over 300 lbs. I lost 16 lbs the first month, and then 10-12 lbs a month for the next six months or so. Then it dropped down to about 6-8 lbs a month....and gradually went down from there (by the end, it was like two lbs a month - UGH!). As long as you're trending down, you're good!

and to reiterate, yes, your rate of loss is completely normal. Just follow your plan. If you cut back too much from your plan, you risk getting sick or having deficiencies. So I would not worry about "moving the needle faster". Massive weight loss is a marathon, not a sprint, as they say...

Edited by catwoman7

As others have said, your rate of weight loss is good. It won't take long at all for the pounds to add up. If it's any comfort, I lost relatively slowly but the good thing was, the weight loss just kept going and going. I am almost two years out and at my goal weight and I'm STILL losing very slowly (half a pound in the last month). I know it's hard to be patient, but stick with it and before long you'll be looking back at an amazing weight loss.

I am a slow loser too!
Jan -22.3 (2 weeks liquid)
Feb -11.6
Mar -7.4
Also since I took measurements on 2/4/21 I have lost 18”.
I am hypothyroid and that may be why. I have only had one week where I stalled but a loss every other week.
I’m 5’3” and I carry my weight all over not just in one place.
HW 271
Day of RNY surgery 1/21/21 - 233
CW 208.8
GW 140