Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Houston Psych. Eval

Hi all,

I'm new here and hoping someone in Houston have any recommendations on who they've used for weightloss eval? Preferably west Houston/Katy. Dr will be send me a list tomorrow but would like some feedback from patients.

Also, I'm self pay, if anyone can let me know how much theirs cost? Just so I know what ball park I should expect.

Thanks in advance. 🙂

Hi there. I used the one my surgeon recommended (PsyMed Inc) and I think I had a $50 copay (sorry, don’t know the self pay cost). I’m in the same area as you but my evaluation was actually done by someone in Dallas. It was a video visit; my guess is you will have that option as well no matter who you use. I had to do an online test as well. It was relatively painless. Good luck!

https://bariatricpsychassessment.com/

I live in Mississippi but this is the psych eval I did. You take an online assessment first and then the Dr. calls you to do an interview over the phone. Just make sure it is accepted by your surgical team. I paid out of pocket and it was $130.

I'm in the same area!! I think PsyMed was the one that I saw recommended too!! We need to be BP buddies!

Thanks guys. My dr sent the referral to Psymed.

Njlimmer, sounds great! I will need a cheerleader. Have you already had surgery? Or just beginning like me?

1 hour ago, Emma1019 said:

Thanks guys. My dr sent the referral to Psymed.

Njlimmer, sounds great! I will need a cheerleader. Have you already had surgery? Or just beginning like me?

I am almost to surgery! My date is March 3rd and I'm getting nervous. Who is your surgeon?

That's awesome! I bet you're excited. Who is your surgeon, which hospital will you use?

I will be seeing Dr. Sherman Yu. Who will you be seeing?

17 hours ago, Emma1019 said:

That's awesome! I bet you're excited. Who is your surgeon, which hospital will you use?

I will be seeing Dr. Sherman Yu. Who will you be seeing?

Dr. Primomo at the Davis Clink at Memorial Hermann. I am a mix of excited and scared! It was one thing when surgery was some random date in the future, but now it's real!!! This site has been a tremendous help in preparing and getting my head on straight.

I bet. Will have my eval next week along with blood work. Then just my nutrition class and I can schedule.

How long out was your scheduled date did it take? Hope you haven't had to wait too long.

It didn't. I did my EGD on Jan. 8th and they sent it off the next week. It was approved within two weeks, and they could have scheduled me for Feb. but I needed a March date instead so I'm joining the club on March 3rd! I took longer than I had too because I started at the end of last year, and I wanted my out of pocket to roll over so I can have something else done later this year. I think the wait has been good because I've tried to relearn some habits that will be helpful for after surgery.

12 hours ago, Emma1019 said:

Hey! I got my date set today 03/22.

Yours is rolling up quick. Wishing you all the best!

I know!!! I do pre-op on Monday. Kinda freaking out, but also really surprised at how well I'm doing on the pre-op diet. I'm hoping this means I'll cruise through recovery. Thanks for the well wishes!

Edited by njlimmer

Hopefully you will!

I drastically eliminated so much already the past few weeks as I didn't want to do everything all at once. Miss my cafienated coffee already. My preop is 3/9.

Just now, Emma1019 said:

Hopefully you will!

I drastically eliminated so much already the past few weeks as I didn't want to do everything all at once. Miss my cafienated coffee already. My preop is 3/9.

I did the same. I've cut WAY down since October so I think that really helped. I didn't have carb withdrawal like I normally would have.

On 02/01/2021 at 20:39, Emma1019 said:

Hi all,

I'm new here and hoping someone in Houston have any recommendations on who they've used for weightloss eval? Preferably west Houston/Katy. Dr will be send me a list tomorrow but would like some feedback from patients.

Also, I'm self pay, if anyone can let me know how much theirs cost? Just so I know what ball park I should expect.

Thanks in advance. 🙂

Send me a PM. I live south of Houston. In between Galveston and Houston.