Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What supplements are ok?

6 hours ago, Midgmylv said:

I had the sleeve in 2012. I am very careful about what goes in my body as to not make me sick or constipated but also to not cause any long term effects on my stomach etc.

That being said, I get nervous when I have to take any medications.

Is this something I should be able to take without problems??

https://beverlyhillsmd.com/product/dermal-repair-complex/

most of the ingredients in this are B Vitamins, which are Water soluble, so you just pee out anything your body doesn't need. So those shouldn't be a problem. It also has Vitamin A, which you CAN get too much of - but the question is, how much Vitamin A does this have in it, and how much does your Multivitamin have in it? (just checked - this has 300 mcg of vitamin A. Recommended dose for women is 700 mcg. So as long as your multi doesn't go too far over 400 mcg, this should be fine (of course, you get some vitamin A from food, too. Although it looks like the toxicity level is 10,000 or more mcg - so that's quite a bit..)

I don't know about these other ingredients:

• Dermal Repair Complex Blend Ingredients -- Hydrolyzed collagen, Saw Palmetto fruit powder, Methylsulfonylmethane, Wild Yam Root Extract, Hyaluronic Acid, Silica

although the collagen shouldn't be an issue

another thing to consider, does this even work? A lot of these kinds of products make a lot of claims that aren't very realistic. Although I can't speak to this particular one.

Edited by catwoman7

I often question the efficacy of these products too. If you’re already taking Multi Vitamins &/or eating a balanced diet, do you need the extra Vitamins? (I don’t take any multi vitamins at all because I get all I need from what I eat & taking them makes me nauseous.) Have you had a blood test lately? If you are low in A or B than the product may be of help.

I bought collagen & silica (liquid or powder). I mixed these in my yoghurt drink every second day for more than a year. I couldn’t tell you if they actually helped my skin tighten or look better & smoother or not. I was taking them when I was losing weight & I don’t know if my skin would be the same as it is after losing weight without taking them. I don’t take them anymore. I do regularly use a hyaluronic moisturiser because my skin can be a little dry.

Just check the ingredients for drug interactions & side effects. You can only try.

My general practitioner took lab tests and all my Vitamin levels were A-OK. In fact, I had too much Vitamin D, so I quit taking it for a year. Actually, I quit taking all the Vitamins and supplements for a year. And guess what? My vitamin levels are still all GREAT! No absorption problems. Vitamins make me sick to my stomach unless they're the GNC soft chews, which naturally are more expensive.