Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I do! But not a lot. Maybe 1-2 times a week. I had a small banana the other day for the first time in 6 months or so. I’m 1 year out. It made me soo full. I try to stick to the berries since they are lower in sugar. But I find I get full quick when eating fruit.

I’m almost 5 months out and occasionally will have a few grapes or a couple pieces of diced apple. No issues at all

I eat bananas and apples daily. Grapes less frequently. I keep portions small and found fruit to be an essential part of my diet. It makes for a great snack.

Pretty much every day. Raspberries and blueberries with yogurt as part of Breakfast or afternoon snack. Tomatoes (depending upon whether one classifies them as a fruit or a veg...) and avocado most every day in a lunch salad. Occasionally tangerines and grapefruit in the salad instead. My overall goal is for ten servings of fruit and veg per day - which I rarely hit but do consistently get 7-8, and 5 as a bare minimum.

I'm ten years out, but it's been that way for at least the past 7-8 years, and lesser amounts but a similar ratio to other foods before that.

I eat fruit a lot. Usually twice a day in maintenance. Blueberries every morning with my rolled oats & then grapes, melons, lychees, cherries, mandarin, apple, etc. after dinner. When losing I ate fruit once a day as a snack but that was after about 3 months. I chose Water rich fruits like berries, melon, etc. to boost my Fluid intake. Only small serves of soft fruit to begin like 2 or 3 mandarin slices, 6 grapes, etc. The little hit of natural sweetness helped with my energy levels too.

Dr. told me No. fruit has too much sugar.

Fresh fruit - yes - but to make sure to know how much is 1 serving!

On 1/18/2021 at 12:18 PM, melvan71 said:

Do any of you sleevers eat fruit?

During weight loss phase, very rarely. If i did, it was like 5-10 berries (raspberries or blueberries) on a salad or with cottage cheese or yogurt.

AFTER weight loss phase I eat more, but probably still not so much compared to others (maybe 0-2 times a week). Also, I expanded beyond berries: apples, grapes. And the very occasional watermelon or mango or papaya or pineapple.

P.S. I'm not counting cucumbers or avocados (which I eat a TON of), nor tomatoes (which I eat sometimes). But these aren't usually considered "fruit" when people ask about "fruit" lol.