Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day surgery and February 2 surgery date!

Hi everyone! I am new here and wanted to see if anyone is having surgery on or near Feb 2?! I am having the gastric sleeve done. Since Covid is still causing hospitals to be overflowing they are doing my surgery as a day surgery. Has anyone had this done as a day surgery? I'm nervous and excited and still in shock that it's happening! I am a little concerned with it being a day surgery but I'm sure they know what they're doing.

Any tips or tricks would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N975U using BariatricPal mobile app

They schedule my surgery for Feb 3rd after canceling twice. Since things in Massachusetts are very bad I don’t know if it’s gonna happen. The secretary didn’t mention day surgery, so I’m assuming that will be two days stay.

I am scheduled for Feb 2. I am very excited.

They schedule my surgery for Feb 3rd after canceling twice. Since things in Massachusetts are very bad I don’t know if it’s gonna happen. The secretary didn’t mention day surgery, so I’m assuming that will be two days stay.
I am also in MA! I am having mine done in Worcester. Good luck to you!!

15 hours ago, soontobefitmom628 said:

I am also in MA! I am having mine done in Worcester. Good luck to you!!

Oh that’s nice. Knowing that gives me hope that my surgery will finally happen. Mine will be at Brigham hospital in boston. Good luck to you too.

I’m scheduled for VSG on February 9 here in Tallahassee, FL. COVID numbers are very high down here but, as far as I’ve heard, my surgery will go ahead as planned. Our hospital is on “lock-down” so only one person can come in the hospital with me (my husband) and even then he’ll have to pass the screening. I’m nervous but more excited since I’ve been working toward this for what seems like forever.

I’m scheduled for VSG on February 9 here in Tallahassee, FL. COVID numbers are very high down here but, as far as I’ve heard, my surgery will go ahead as planned. Our hospital is on “lock-down” so only one person can come in the hospital with me (my husband) and even then he’ll have to pass the screening. I’m nervous but more excited since I’ve been working toward this for what seems like forever.
I hear you on that! They made me go through quite the program to get to this point and between it all I have been in and out of the hospital with back issues that pushed this off, so all together I've been waiting 2 years since I decided this was for me. I cried when I finally got to meet with the surgeon! Good luck to you and I'll make sure to post when I have mine done!

Mine is Feb 3 after being postponed in November due to COVID. Starting the liquid diet Wednesday. I was in a really great headspace in November, but not doing as great after losing momentum. I hope your surgery goes great and that you have support at home!

4 minutes ago, GreenThumb said:

Mine is Feb 3 after being postponed in November due to COVID. Starting the liquid diet Wednesday. I was in a really great headspace in November, but not doing as great after losing momentum. I hope your surgery goes great and that you have support at home!

Yay!! Surgery buddies! I meet with the nutritionist (for the hundredth time lol) on Wednesday morning and I am assuming will start liquid diet after that? They haven't instructed me yet to start but maybe then. I also am not doing well at all with dieting/lifestyle changes. I have been at this waiting for so long it starts to feel like it will never happen and I keep letting myself down in old habits and cycles. Hopefully as more real this gets for us and when it actually is happening that will get our momentum back! We got this!! Good luck to you!!

On 01/15/2021 at 07:18, soontobefitmom628 said:

I hear you on that! They made me go through quite the program to get to this point and between it all I have been in and out of the hospital with back issues that pushed this off, so all together I've been waiting 2 years since I decided this was for me. I cried when I finally got to meet with the surgeon! Good luck to you and I'll make sure to post when I have mine done!

I’ve been dealing with major back problems, too. I’m scheduled for another procedure on Feb 2 in Jacksonville, FL and then I have my VSG on Feb 9 here in Tallahassee. It’s taken a lot of coordinating to get everything scheduled. I sure hope your back is doing well (back problems are no joke!) and I hope you can get your VSG scheduled soon. Best wishes and definitely keep me posted! 😁

I started my pre-op diet last Friday. I have lost 7 lbs so far, but most of it is probably Water. The Dr. said I would be in the hospital for one or two days, depending on how I do. I bought a couple of sweatshirt material gowns to wear instead of hospital gowns. That will give me something to walk around in. I am scheduled for 7:45 but was told I might get bumped for anyone that needs surgery in an outpatient capacity. I hope that does not happen. It is all a waiting game at this point.

Good luck to those getting it today ! Mine is tomorrow

On 1/24/2021 at 3:57 PM, Dogmom68 said:

I’ve been dealing with major back problems, too. I’m scheduled for another procedure on Feb 2 in Jacksonville, FL and then I have my VSG on Feb 9 here in Tallahassee. It’s taken a lot of coordinating to get everything scheduled. I sure hope your back is doing well (back problems are no joke!) and I hope you can get your VSG scheduled soon. Best wishes and definitely keep me posted! 😁

Well the day is here and all has gone as planned so far! I am waiting for my turn now.