Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I found pork skin have satisfaction with salsa have same effect and taste of potatoe chips when hunger is running also a boiled egg will help u get over the hunger hump! I’m 4 weeks out and am losing 2 lbs a week no complications any body got ideals about a pizza replacement???

Edited by Eva clark
Spelling

Congrats on your surgery.

What’s your plan? At 4 weeks most are just starting soft food - think mushy foods, soft fish, stews, etc., foods with little bite, crunch or chew. Pork skin wouldn't be considered a soft food neither would pizza or a pizza alternative. It’s important to go through the stages so you don’t damage your tummy, etc, post surgery - you’re still healing. Were you given a a food plan of what you can or can’t eat in the first couple of months by your surgeon &/or your dietician?

At 4 weeks, I wasn’t hungry at all & was lucky if I could eat about 1/4 cup of food three times a day, no snacking. Are you really hungry or is it head hunger? If your craving foods you used to eat like chips, pizza, etc., it’s likely head hunger & not real hunger. If it’s a legitimate hunger, try eating small pieces of Protein like cheese, chicken, egg, yoghurt or sip a Protein Shake or some broth. I found that sprinkling a little extra salt on food like egg, cucumber or chicken helped with any desire for a salty snack.

There’s a lot of learning about why you eat, what you eat & why you eat and the weight loss phase is the best time to understand what all that means for you. Now’s the time to break old food habits & start new ones. You’ll be able to work it out. If you’re feeling lost or confused, speak to your dietician, your medical team or bring it up in this forum - lots of people here happy to help.

Hope I don’t sound like I’m lecturing. ☹️ We all have our own experiences on this journey. Good luck on yours.

I have made pizza with these, 16 g of Protein per crust. You will need to wait until you are cleared for normal foods though. Four weeks out is too soon.

1004-0001.jpg

On 1/13/2021 at 9:18 PM, Uomograsso said:

I have made pizza with these, 16 g of Protein per crust. You will need to wait until you are cleared for normal foods though. Four weeks out is too soon.

1004-0001.jpg

Where did you find these? Thanks in advance!!

3 hours ago, kellym1220 said:

Where did you find these? Thanks in advance!!

They have these at the Hyvee store near me. They are in refrigerated section. I wrap them individually and then freeze them. If you don't wrap them individually, they will stick together. You can get them off Amazon as well, but they are pricey. Here is theie website where you can search for local stores.

https://www.ultrathinpizzacrust.com/find-retailers/

I use this as well. Works great

s-l1600.jpg

Along with

d4e94f8e-cff1-4c07-919d-16832fc6cb58_1.e