Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 hours ago, bigred88 said:

Spoke too soon they called today and got me with another delay lol. Went from the 5th to the 10th. Very annoying

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

Don’t worry it is coming sooner than you know. This is giving you more time to prepare lol

12 minutes ago, bigred88 said:

Well I spoke too soon again, they must have seen me complaining, they called back and moved it again to the 3rd lol

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

Yaaayyy we’re surgery twins!

On 2/22/2021 at 7:12 PM, Adudey0915 said:

Just got my date today! March 9th. So excited but nervous. Like... what the heck am I doing?!?

My surgery date is also March 9th! Yep, nervous and excited to get it done.

How is everyone doing this morning? I had my sleeve surgery on Monday. Thought I would give an update this morning. First is I can only sleep about 6.5 hours in the bed. (6.5 hours is heaven for me) It just becomes uncomfortable but with little pain. I have been fortunate to not need any pain medicine at all. I have walked every time I even thought I felt a pain possibly coming on so everything you read about walking is so true. I have not been hungry at all. Not even a little bit. Yesterday, I was able to get in 45 grams of Protein and 48 ounces of liquid and it was a struggle. Later last night around 9pm, I had chicken broth (not much protein) but it was different than "protein" shake so it tasted delicious to me. I am sharing my story because so many others before me shared theirs and it helped me have the courage to go through with the surgery. For the second morning in a row, I have started this day with Gatorade 2. It seems like a good base before diving into protein and liquid (even though it is a liquid). No medical reason so maybe its just better to say, I like the soothing taste in the morning, Best advice so far is follow exactly what your dr/dietician gave you as your plan. 2nd best advice is baby yourself because how the house looks or what you look like doesn't matter. This was major surgery so treat it as such. Yesterday, I reported a major face rash which did begin to go down my arms. The dr isn't 100% sure but I either am allergic to the antibiotic they gave me while in the hospital OR it could be the one shot they gave me as blood thinner. Either way, the steroids the dr called in yesterday have already cleared it up. Again, an example of how important it is to communicate with your dr with any questions. Wishing you all a great happy healing day! How is everyone else doing from this weeks surgery?

You have got this!! Prayers for peace and recovery!

Just saw my surgeon for my preop appointment, scheduled for Madch 25th! 🥴 feeling scared, happy, excited, scared, nervous, scared! Lol!

Just left my preop appointment, the next 20 days are going to be forever! So glad to be this close.

On 1/26/2021 at 11:16 AM, nidvia said:

March 22. If MA removes the elective surgery restrictions. Good luck everyone!

Just had my surgery March 2nd! In an unimaginable pain, but the initial 48 hours are worst! I Live in MA too so yours should be good to go!