Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So....I got approved!!!!

After what seems like a million years I finally got my approval!!! I am ecstatic and overjoyed! Now that it is really happening I can’t lie I am kind of nervous because I never had a surgery besides a c-section almost 20 years ago lol I am waiting to speak with the nurse so I can pick a date but I know it will be sometime in February omg!!!! Any helpful tips and tricks will be highly appreciated!

Congrats!!!! Your surgery will be here before you know it!!

1 hour ago, funnycow said:

I'm so excited for you. I'm patiently waiting on my approval for a February date..

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

I have no patience lol I think I harassed my insurance company into an approval lol but seriously patience is key and you’ll get a call before you know it!

I know you were super nervous and confused about the approval dates given versus the actual surgery date. Congrats.

Advice:

Take the pre-op diet seriously and follow it to the letter to shrink your liver and prepare for surgery.

Know that you're going to be nauseous for 24 hours after surgery and it's miserable, but it's only for 24 hours and you can survive it.

1 hour ago, ChubRub said:

Congrats!!!! Your surgery will be here before you know it!!

Thank you! I just spoke with nurse my date is set for March 17th. I wish it was sooner but oh well at least I have a date!

1 minute ago, GradyCat said:

I know you were super nervous and confused about the approval dates given versus the actual surgery date. Congrats.

Advice:

Take the pre-op diet seriously and follow it to the letter to shrink your liver and prepare for surgery.

Know that you're going to be nauseous for 24 hours after surgery and it's miserable, but it's only for 24 hours and you can survive it.

Thank you so much that is wonderful advice and I will take heed! So my official surgery date is March 17th and I start pre-op March 2nd. She said when I go in to sign my consent forms I will also have my pre admin testing done, I’m like god more testing lol but she said it’s just a urine and chest xray abs updated lab work. I’m not sure what she meant by updated lab work though. Is that more blood being drawn?

2 hours ago, Hopefulin2021 said:

Thank you so much that is wonderful advice and I will take heed! So my official surgery date is March 17th and I start pre-op March 2nd. She said when I go in to sign my consent forms I will also have my pre admin testing done, I’m like god more testing lol but she said it’s just a urine and chest xray abs updated lab work. I’m not sure what she meant by updated lab work though. Is that more blood being drawn?

Yes, they'll do blood typing and blood clotting labs in your pre-op.

Oh what is that?

I have no patience lol I think I harassed my insurance company into an approval lol but seriously patience is key and you’ll get a call before you know it!
Patience and research is definitely the key, this is life changing stuff. Get on you tube and find a channel you like and subscribe to it. Read as much as you can about your surgery, but more importantly about what to expect the hours, days and weeks following.

Best of luck x

Congratulations... I am finishing up my last class on February 18, so I am hoping for an early March surgery date.

19 hours ago, Neensyb said:

Patience and research is definitely the key, this is life changing stuff. Get on you tube and find a channel you like and subscribe to it. Read as much as you can about your surgery, but more importantly about what to expect the hours, days and weeks following.

Best of luck x

You’re right I feel like I have been research and reading for the last year. I could probably do the damn surgery myself lol but seriously thank you for the advice.

I guess the only reason I haven't followed up on it. Is because elective surgeries are on hold due to overloaded covid cases. Our census here is very high and so they've stopped all elective surgeries til we get passed holiday rush.

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 1/6/2021 at 11:42 AM, Hopefulin2021 said:

After what seems like a million years I finally got my approval!!! I am ecstatic and overjoyed! Now that it is really happening I can’t lie I am kind of nervous because I never had a surgery besides a c-section almost 20 years ago lol I am waiting to speak with the nurse so I can pick a date but I know it will be sometime in February omg!!!! Any helpful tips and tricks will be highly appreciated!

congratulations!!!!