Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2021 Sleeve Surgery

Im with you Nicassa! my surgery is Tuesday. I did everything else, but I just have to my covid 19 test then its on for 7am tuesday monday morning! Im stoked! I only had a week to prep, but to be honest with you, I was supposed to start thursday, and I started friday! lol, its lent season and I just had to get them snowcrabs, crawfish and boiled shrimps in! lol, Im good now. on popsicles, fairlife chocalate, Water and Bone Broth. I lost 6lbs just that quick! I was 245 when I weighed in wednesday and as for today, Im 239 real time. Im cannot believe this! so if Im losing doing this, I can just imagine after the surgery! wow

53 minutes ago, tabrielle10 said:

Im with you Nicassa! my surgery is Tuesday. I did everything else, but I just have to my covid 19 test then its on for 7am tuesday monday morning! Im stoked! I only had a week to prep, but to be honest with you, I was supposed to start thursday, and I started friday! lol, its lent season and I just had to get them snowcrabs, crawfish and boiled shrimps in! lol, Im good now. on popsicles, fairlife chocalate, Water and Bone Broth. I lost 6lbs just that quick! I was 245 when I weighed in wednesday and as for today, Im 239 real time. Im cannot believe this! so if Im losing doing this, I can just imagine after the surgery! wow

Good luck! Same date and time for me as well!

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2021 at 8:30 AM, Skittle_buttTTV said:

Take Dry Mouth Spray to the hospital! You will be miserable if you don't! They sell Biotene and a CVS store brand ...both are fine

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2021 at 8:30 AM, Skittle_buttTTV said:

I had my sleeve done on February 17. Feeling great, but tired.

I started the process with the initial meeting with the surgeon on Jan. 4th. Started pre-op diet (limited portions, mostly protein) that day at 457 pounds (yikes!). Down about 60 by the surgery. Now, almost two weeks post op, down to 375, though I seem to be stalled for a couple of days now. Hopeful!!!

Edited by crodriguez583

1 hour ago, crodriguez583 said:

I had my sleeve done on February 17. Feeling great, but tired.

I started the process with the initial meeting with the surgeon on Jan. 4th. Started pre-op diet (limited portions, mostly protein) that day at 457 pounds (yikes!). Down about 60 by the surgery. Now, almost two weeks post op, down to 375, though I seem to be stalled for a couple of days now. Hopeful!!!

Wow, you’re doing great! Don’t focus too much on a stall since you’ve lost so well in a short period, your body needs some adjusting time.

On 2/21/2021 at 11:47 AM, tabrielle10 said:

Saw your other post and it sounds like you are doing great! Fairlife has been my go-to also. I tried doing a Premier Protein shake and it was sooo hard to get down. My tiny tummy seems to like the Fairlife though.

Anyone out from the Feb 25th surgery? If so how are you feeling??? I had my revision on the 25th and dammit the pains

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2021 at 8:29 AM, ChrysBliss said:

Gastric sleeve scheduled a week from now, on the 25th. I'm in Sweden but originally from Canada so joining here because it's an English speaking forum. Good luck to everyone who is getting their operation done or who has just recently done it this month!

How are you doing?

Had my surgery on the 23rd. Everything went well. First 24 hours were a bit rough, but now I'm doing okay. Walking 2-3km everyday since Thursday, getting most of my Water and Protein in. Still sleeping in a recliner, but hoping in the next couple days to move back to my bed. On strained thin liquid diet for 10 days, then smoothie consistency liquids for 10 more days, then purees for the next 10. Hate every Protein Shake I've tried, so I've been putting unflavored protein in my Soups, broths, yogurts and that's been okay. Think I really hit ketosis today because my breath is awful and the taste in my mouth is so, so bad even right after brushing my teeth. Oh, weighed myself this morning for the first time and I'm down 13.8lbs from surgery--YAY!

46 minutes ago, NaturalMom said:

Had my surgery on the 23rd. Everything went well. First 24 hours were a bit rough, but now I'm doing okay. Walking 2-3km everyday since Thursday, getting most of my Water and Protein in. Still sleeping in a recliner, but hoping in the next couple days to move back to my bed. On strained thin liquid diet for 10 days, then smoothie consistency liquids for 10 more days, then purees for the next 10. Hate every Protein Shake I've tried, so I've been putting unflavored Protein in my Soups, broths, yogurts and that's been okay. Think I really hit ketosis today because my breath is awful and the taste in my mouth is so, so bad even right after brushing my teeth. Oh, weighed myself this morning for the first time and I'm down 13.8lbs from surgery--YAY!

Wow you are doing great with your weight loss! Keep it up!

On 2/17/2021 at 11:42 AM, CJ78 said:

I had mine on Monday Feb 15.... Im fine.. just a lil sore on one of the incisions on my belly.

Yayyyy! Congratulations..The pain will go away eventually but just take it easy. 👍🏾😊

I had my sleeve in 2/28. I did well for the first month with no complications. This past Sunday I started having horrible pains in my abdomen to where I couldn’t stand up straight, very slow when walking, unable to turn on my side to sleep, and just unable to do normal things as usual. When I called into my doctor they said it could be muscle spasms. Has anyone else had this happen?

Edited by MagicZ