Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2021 Sleeve Surgery

Tomorrow!!! Excited, scared, nervous!

Tomorrow!!! Excited, scared, nervous!

Best wishes

Sent from my SM-N975F using BariatricPal mobile app

On 1/28/2021 at 1:58 PM, Dogmom68 said:

I’m so sorry you’re dealing with your surgery team dragging their feet. I would prepare and maybe start some form of liquid diet just in case. ??? Call the surgery scheduler to make sure your info has been sent to your insurance company for approval regardless if there is a ban or not. The approval will be good for awhile so at least you’ll be ready when surgery time rolls around. I completely understand your frustration!
I wanted to let you know that my insurance company finally came through for me today and my surgery was approved! My sleep study info got sent to them yesterday and because my sleep apnea is so bad they approved me. Keep your eyes on your goal and put your foot down if it’s needed. Sometimes we just have to take control and be our own healthcare advocate. You’ve worked hard for your goal and you CAN reach it! Best wishes and keep me updated! 💕

Thanks for the encouragement. I've been hounding them now and they're in the process of getting papers submitted. :) I am so excited for you getting approved. Let me know how your journey goes.💕

2 hours ago, Spitfireash said:

Thanks for the encouragement. I've been hounding them now and they're in the process of getting papers submitted. :) I am so excited for you getting approved. Let me know how your journey goes.💕

You go get ‘em! I’m so happy your paperwork is finally being submitted! There’s no use for them to drag it all out when they don’t even know for sure what’s going to happen! I went to my pre-op appointment and had my COVID test this morning. I’m excited but getting so nervous, too. I’m not worried about the actual surgery.... it’s just that it’s all getting so REAL, ya know? I know everything is going to be just fine. This has just been a long time coming and it’s now almost here. Seven more days! 😰

So I took photos and measurements this morning. Lordy. Can't wait to transform! Two more sleeps! lol

Editing to add: you folks that have to do two weeks liquid diet are freaking badass! I am doing three (only two are required) days and I wanted to gnaw my arm off yesterday. Kind of headachey today but ok.

PSA: Fairlife Protein Drinks are delicious and have 30 grams of Protein and 3 grams of sugar.

Edited by NiceAnkles

18 hours ago, NiceAnkles said:

So I took photos and measurements this morning. Lordy. Can't wait to transform! Two more sleeps! lol

Editing to add: you folks that have to do two weeks liquid diet are freaking badass! I am doing three (only two are required) days and I wanted to gnaw my arm off yesterday. Kind of headachey today but ok.

PSA: Fairlife Protein drinks are delicious and have 30 grams of Protein and 3 grams of sugar.

I didn't have to do any pre-op diet. I got home yesterday and my headache has finally subsided. My incision definitely hurts but it may be because they found a hernia and repaired that while they were in there. Good luck with your surgery!!

5 minutes ago, mweiss1998 said:

I didn't have to do any pre-op diet. I got home yesterday and my headache has finally subsided. My incision definitely hurts but it may be because they found a hernia and repaired that while they were in there. Good luck with your surgery!!

Glad all went well for you. You didn’t have to do a pre-op diet. If you don’t mine me asking what is you surgery weight? Mine is 255 and I was told I could do a week because of my weight. It’s nice to have people to compare notes with.

1 hour ago, GreenThumb said:

Today’s the day!!!!! *muppetflail*

Best of luck! I’m right behind you tomorrow. Hope I can sleep tonight!

I am done! Im feeling ok - much better than I imagined. Not completely painless of course.. dry heaving..upper abdominal pain..

I will have my leak test tomorrow and after that I can start clear fluids.

2 hours ago, GreenThumb said:

Today’s the day!!!!! *muppetflail*

Good luck, GreenThumb!!!

I’m am scheduled for Monday the 8th.