Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2021 bypassers?

@betterme2021 and @MissSmartyPants we are surgery triplets - my date is also 2/22!! I am 7 days into my pre-op diet and just counting down the days at this point. I feel like I am a zombie!! But, we are half way there!

On 2/12/2021 at 7:09 AM, Mrs A B said:

Hi! Just coming back for an update! I had my surgery on 2/8. I feel like I’m doing pretty good getting up and walking and sipping as much as I can! I’m anxious for the incision pain to pass! Definitely a struggle moving around!

So glad you checked in! I am glad everything went well. How are you doing with eating/drinking?

SURGERY SHOUT-OUTS FOR THIS WEEK (DRUM ROLL PLEASE.....)!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MONDAY, 2/15 - @Sleeved_in_MN

WEDNESDAY, 2/17 - @MidnightCat and @addicted2food

THURSDAY, 2/18 - @M4rlene

FRIDAY, 2/19 - @BostonRiley

Image result for YOU GOT THIS GIF

I love the dancing girl. Good luck everyone. Just some more good motivational news I finally weigh under 300 lbs. I haven't seen that number in 10 years. So just remember the first few days are rough but it gets better and it is all worth it to hit a goal like this and feel so good doing it.

I had my surgery 2/4. I have been stalled since 2/8, I have not lost 1 lb. is that normal this early into the process? I hear about the 3 weeks stall but mine is a less than one week stall. I am doing everything the Dr. told me.

Pkump, How have your BM's been? I felt like I was stalling then had a very, very, rough BM. I started with more Water and stool softener and had more BMs and weight loss was better. But I'm not a doctor. It was about the same time 1.5 wk after surgery.

How are you doing otherwise? Are clothes loose, Do you feel more energy. It feels great to me to get up and walk away from a meal without thinking "why can't they just put me in a wheel barrow and take me out to my car" I feel more freedom and time to do stuff and less that my meals are determining my mood for me. I hope others have more helpful comments but the scale is not the only measure of progress.

I have to use a laxative. Only gone a few times. No appetite but am eating well. My clothes fit about the same and I get tons of Water. I’ll just ride it out and see what happens.

On 2/13/2021 at 8:06 PM, MissSmartyPants said:

We have the same date!! I started my full liquid diet on 02/08. I currently feel miserable and hungry lol, so I joined this site today to help distract myself.

I also bought my Vitamins, extra Protein Powder, and comfy clothes for the hospital today. 02/22 is just around the corner my friend!

On 2/13/2021 at 2:26 PM, Chi2Htown said:

Mine is too! How is your preop diet going so far?

Lol terrible if I'm honest...I hate the taste of Protein Powder and have had many days where I'd rather fast thank drink it. I'm definitely not following my docs recommended intake for Protein which I'm sure will catch up to me. But, I'm gagging every time.

My hunger has subsided though so most of my misery is from missing the act of eating. Also I'm not a sweets person or cold food person so Protein Shakes, jello-o and ice pops have been sooooo difficult.

2 hours ago, MissSmartyPants said:

Lol terrible if I'm honest...I hate the taste of Protein Powder and have had many days where I'd rather fast thank drink it. I'm definitely not following my docs recommended intake for Protein which I'm sure will catch up to me. But, I'm gagging every time.

My hunger has subsided though so most of my misery is from missing the act of eating. Also I'm not a sweets person or cold food person so Protein Shakes, jello-o and ice pops have been sooooo difficult.

Honestly, I feel like the gif below. I am in a constant state of Hangry. I am with you @MissSmartyPants I can not stand Protein powders/ready make shakes. Gag. I've been able to choke down Fairlife, but I am not sure how much longer. So not looking forward to drinking any more... I am also not fond of artificial sweeteners and for some reason they taste even more sweet recently - if that makes sense?! I with you!

We all have the same surg date! 2/22... ONLY 6 MORE DAYS TO GO!

Image result for i'm starving gif

image.png

Edited by TreeTrunks
Can't seem to delete additional image?

Hi, love Chris farley. I'm 2 weeks post op. Protein Drinks are not forever. There will be food later. Right now you have to eat correctly to train yourself so your ready after surgery. It's not easy but neither is being heavy. You have to chose. Will it be my life and health? Or will it be all about food ? If your going through the surgery and think your eating habits won't change, you'll be back where you started.

7 hours ago, TreeTrunks said:

Honestly, I feel like the gif below. I am in a constant state of Hangry. I am with you @MissSmartyPants I can not stand Protein powders/ready make shakes. Gag. I've been able to choke down Fairlife, but I am not sure how much longer. So not looking forward to drinking any more... I am also not fond of artificial sweeteners and for some reason they taste even more sweet recently - if that makes sense?! I with you!

We all have the same surg date! 2/22... ONLY 6 MORE DAYS TO GO!

Image result for i'm starving gif

image.png

They do taste more sweet!!! And particularly worse in Protein Shakes.

I know this is insane but I've been taking shots of the powder and then washing it down with water...yikes.

We're at the finish line so I'm forcing myself to stay on the straight and narrow until Monday. We can do it!

5 hours ago, lynnh said:

Hi, love Chris farley. I'm 2 weeks post op. Protein Drinks are not forever. There will be food later. Right now you have to eat correctly to train yourself so your ready after surgery. It's not easy but neither is being heavy. You have to chose. Will it be my life and health? Or will it be all about food ? If your going through the surgery and think your eating habits won't change, you'll be back where you started.

Thank you. This is a necessary thing to remember and was needed!