Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2021 bypassers?

I am having surgery on monday 2/8. I am so nervous. I had my second dose of covid vaccine and got so sick. I could not tolerate any Protein because I was so sick. I ended up drinking ginger ale and had crackers along with other non-keto items. I am so frustrated because I am 3 days before my surgery and I was supposed to loose 5 pounds. I don't think that is going to happen. super frustrated!

Had my surgery last Tuesday and feel pretty good. Trying to learn to juggle the Protein Drinks and Water.

11 hours ago, BostonRiley said:

I'm sorry that someone would be so insensitive and say such a thing to you! Sadly I know what this is like. Two of my fellow managers at work kept trying to convince me not to have the surgery. They kept telling me that they could help hold me accountable with my eating. They were like look how much you've lost already, if you keep eating that way you won't need surgery. One of them kept trying to tell me all of the horrible things that their mom went through after she had the surgery. I kept my mouth shut but I wanted to say "that's because she didn't follow the rules!"

HUGS to you MWD!

Thanks Boston

8 days down and 6 to go on the pre-op diet. So far I've lost 12lbs. I'm ready for Feb 11th

Mike

I have surgery on Monday 2/8!!!!

Hi everyone I had my bypass on 1/28. So one week into the liquid postoperative diet. I'm feeling pretty good trying to get my walks in with 18" of snow. I've lost weight before and after surgery. My biggest issue is wanting to taste real food but it is only a week away to pureed food. chocolate is good but every meal over does it. I get hungry but I think it is mental, old habits from boredom and stress. I'm just glad to have a group to identify with.

5 hours ago, aug62012 said:

I have surgery on Monday 2/8!!!!

Good luck. I felt like crap day after but it will get better fast. Take the meds and it will help.

On 2/4/2021 at 1:28 PM, Pkump said:

I had my surgery Feb 2 and I am at home already. They wanted me to stay for 2 days but I was doing so well they sent me home. I m not taking my pain pills because I don’t need them. My stomach is pretty sore but I feel pretty good considering. I have already consumed 1 Protein Drink, one cup of herbal tea and 28 ounces of Water. Good luck to everyone who is coming up.

Congrats Pkump! Glad you made it through... keep us posted on tips and tricks as the rest of the February Bypassers make it into surgery.

On 2/5/2021 at 1:23 AM, raebo1979 said:

My surgery was Feb 3. As far as I knew, everything went fine. My incisions hurt a bit but looked fine. Yesterday on the 4th the surgical PA came to tell me that when doc had me opened there was a lot of scar tissue and my intestines and colon are malrotated. Basically they lay in there flipped around. It's a congenital thing that happened in utero. Therefore mission was aborted. I'm not a candidate for VSG bc of my GERD and Barrett's esophagus. It feels odd going through the healing process of surgery (there are 6 incisions) and nothing was done. I'm annoyed that the surgeon that removed my gallbladder 20 years ago didn't deem it necessary to state.

I am so sorry! Is there anything they can do for you now? How are you doing?

On 2/5/2021 at 10:44 AM, mwd said:

8 days down and 6 to go on the pre-op diet. So far I've lost 12lbs. I'm ready for Feb 11th

Mike

WOOOHOOO! Way to go Mike! Only a few more days to go! Keep us posted!

Welcome to the February Bypass club @Sandramarie1986, @aug62012 and @M4rlene !

Good luck to upcoming surgeries this week:

2/8: @Mrs A B. @Tink22, @aug62012

2/10: @conniejoy529, @LOLove

2/11: @mwd

GOOD THOUGHTS AND CROSSED FINGERS FOR ALL OF YOU!

On 2/5/2021 at 8:10 PM, Orig Ironman said:

Hi everyone I had my bypass on 1/28. So one week into the liquid postoperative diet. I'm feeling pretty good trying to get my walks in with 18" of snow. I've lost weight before and after surgery. My biggest issue is wanting to taste real food but it is only a week away to pureed food. chocolate is good but every meal over does it. I get hungry but I think it is mental, old habits from boredom and stress. I'm just glad to have a group to identify with.

Welcome to the group! I too am worried about the snow... Good luck with the next stage of your diet! Let us know how it goes.

I think what helped me a lot was working out before I got the surgery. I went every other day and did 45 minutes of weights and 20-30 minutes of cardio. I am hitting the Water hard and adding a little extra Protein Powder to my drinks. It helps me with my energy. I have been sleeping around 10-11 hours a day and getting my walking in. I have no more pain from my incisions and am down 17 lbs. A big part of it is learning to listen to your body. It’s amazing how much you learn about yourself.