Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I take a bariatric multi Vitamin and have been taking the same brand since sleeve in 2017. I am very fatigued these days so went to my primary. My Iron levels are dangerously high so my primary doc told me to stop taking iron supplements. Has anyone experienced this?

Yep, I used to take 3 bariatric multi's with Iron because that was the norm for my surgery. My iron was wayyy too high so it got lowered to 2 and then 1 without. It was STILL too high so now I take 1 bariatric multi WITH iron and 2 bariatric multi's WITHOUT. Mine was borderline dangerous but since yours is at a dangerous level you should probably just take multi's without iron for a while and have your bloodwork monitored. When the iron levels lower if it's needed then take a lower dosage separate iron supplement. But maybe your body just processes iron really well. My surgeon said that's probably my case.

Edited by NovaLuna

Were you super tired when it was high? I’ve been “sick” for 6 weeks and doctors couldn’t figure it out until I begged them to run a blood panel. All the kept doing was sending me for Covid tests, I had 3🙄. Primary said to stop taking Iron and retest in 3 months. I’m hoping that I won’t be tired now once it’s out of my system. If I hadn’t pushed for that blood test I might have poisoned myself, I find it frustrating how little primary care docs know about the post sleeve person. Thanks for the info!

On a similar subject, I used to be low in Vitamin D and post WLS they had me taking a Vit D supplement plus a Multivitamin and a couple of other supplements. Fast forward two years later and I an super high in Vitamin D and my primary wants me to stop taking all Vitamins and supplements for six months to see if it's them or me.

I also had dangerously high levels of Iron, I was taking a multivitamin with 45mg of iron (my motto has always been more is better!) I stopped for the past two onths, but now I'm going to try one with 18mg of iron until my next bloodwork (which should be in February with my surgeon).

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 2 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Having gall bladder surgery in a few days and I so hope the recovery is easier than the one from the modified DS! I could use a bit of luck/pep talk for a change. I'm starting to be able to walk around without experiencing dizziness, but it would be great if the random pain in my chest and abdomen would go away!!
      · 0 replies
    • Dawn 1974

4/4/2024 - new patient orientation. Wt 313
      4/5/2024 - got all my lab work done.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!