Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone have a thigh lift and happy?

Hi all,

Did anyone have a thigh lift and if so, are you happy with the results? Most of the before and after's I see online I can't see much of a difference. Would love your experience, including what your scar is like and what healing was like in addition to a "would you do it again". If you are open to sharing pictures that would be amazing!

Thanks in advance,

Lori

Is a thigh lift the same as a lower body lift?

No. Lower body lift (as I understand it) extends the Tummy Tuck scar around the back. You see results in your back and booty, and in your thighs some. However, it doesn't do much for your inner thigh (again, as I understand).

Thigh lift focuses on the inner and lower thigh. I've seen some scars along the groin crease and some running vertically along the inner thigh (kind of like an arm lift scar).

I beleive @Darktowerdream had a thigh lift and is/was quite happy with it...maybe she can chime in here...

In the meantime...I did dabble in thoughts of thigh lifts in the beginning...it was actually 2nd on my wish list when I started considering plastics (my #1 was an arm lift, I've hated my arms all my life, even when I was normal weighted)

In the end I decided against it because 1) they didn't bug me as much as other body parts by the time I was ready for plastics 2) my own personal research led me to believe that thigh lifts are one of the more problematic healing areas (as well arm lifts, but I got that done anyway) and 3) my surgeon's opinion was that given the state of my thighs at the time, it would be the least bang for my buck, lol.

One very happy side effect of my TT though, was that it smoothed the front of my things quite a bit, and my inner thighs a decent bit, that they don't look so very flappy as they once did. They aren't athelte-firm by any means, but good enough for me.

Though if your thighs is #1 on your list, then I would think whatever you need to go through to address them is worth it. My arms were the absolute worst part of my healing process, they are also the thickest darkest scars I have. But I'd do it all again as i LOOOOOOOVE my skinny arms now 😎

Edited by ms.sss

2 hours ago, loridee11 said:

Hi all,

Did anyone have a thigh lift and if so, are you happy with the results? Most of the before and after's I see online I can't see much of a difference. Would love your experience, including what your scar is like and what healing was like in addition to a "would you do it again". If you are open to sharing pictures that would be amazing!

Thanks in advance,

Lori

I had a Belt Lipectomy/ butterfly lift with stomach muscle tightening, augmentation and thigh lift. My worst areas were excessive loose crepey sagging skin of the butt area and even more so my thigh area. I should have kept my own before pictures of how bad it was but I was so ashamed. I did let the surgeon share my before pictures but its hard to truly see how bad it was before. for me it was worth the scars. I had a T incision due to how much sagging skin so a incision in the groin area T shape and down the inner thigh. I only wish it had gone to my knees otherwise I have no regrets. I had some issues with the incision healing in the T Incision area but its now healed fine. I have many chronic health issues which made it a challenge so a healthy person fares better of course. Also having a lower BMI and making sure your blood work is healthy (the surgeon checks these things) helps the healing process. I took Turmeric, collagen, Vitamin C, Biotin (extra) and extra Protein and made sure not to push too hard while healing. Im not on my own computer I had problems and had to replace it but its going to take a while for me to get a replacement. my photos are on a solid state drive. I took pictures of my scar progress. In all honesty for me it was a huge difference. I didnt have a lot to remove but it was all loose skin. I would do it again definitely. some people I see have it they dont have alot of skin but they seem to remove fat along with it for me it was about horrid excess skin.

It was a challenge also having the Belt Lipectomy which is basically a body lift procedure. Along with the thigh lift. You have areas high tension that the incisions hold together and these can open. There is risk with anything. Basically if it does open the best course of action is secondary wound healing. using Bactigras and keeping it dry and bandaged until it heals and closes on its own. I had some challenges. But I think its mainly my chronic illness that made it challenging. my surgeon made sure I was good for surgery and made sure I was aware of possible things that could come up and I was prepared. My thigh Lift T incision opened but now you cant tell. to me its just a scar and still better than it was before. My body lift I had incision open at the coccyx that also is very common. its a high pressure point. some of my scar areas are so light though, it surprises me. I dont regret that either since my backside was the worst absolute worst. My body and skin felt like 90 years old. I mean i still do. because of my health issues but at least my body isnt sagging anymore! do I see some little things like my calves and backs of my knees and excess skin under my arms yes. but Im grateful I had my surgeries.

I am ... I think seven months out from surgery. I had it June 14th. I braved putting on a swimsuit. Just not in public yet. but Ill look for the picture maybe share it here. Im not a fan of myself. I didnt do it for cosmetics but for the physical effects and yes also how it made me feel.

I wish I were better at explaining. I tend to write too much. I havent been around Im dealing with some health issues. every time I go to write a post to discuss it I delete it. Thigh lift is a challenging surgery but for me it was something I needed to do. I was so scared when I thought it might not happen. and grateful my surgeon helped it happen. so no regrets here.

I am not a fan of sharing pictures sorry I dont have my before. My surgery pictures are on the Hospital BC Facebook Group. probably not the best pictures. My One side the scar is darker because that is my "bad side" medically. I dont remember if I shared other pictures here. I do have other pictures on my portable hard drive some very graphic scar pictures. Ive had so many surgeries in my life the scars dont phase me. I guess Ill say again its still better than all that loose, wrinkled and sagging skin. It helps the weight loss journey feel like i made goal. Im still working on body dysmorphia that likely wont change. but the sagging skin gone is something I dont regret.

FullSizeRender1.jpg

FullSizeRender2.jpg

FullSizeRender3.jpg

2 hours ago, loridee11 said:

in your thighs

Somehow, someway, some surgeons can dramatically improve thighs with just the Tummy Tuck or Lower body lift. Mine were vastly improved but I didn't have extensive sagging.

On 01/02/2021 at 19:19, Darktowerdream said:

I had a Belt Lipectomy/ butterfly lift with stomach muscle tightening, augmentation and thigh lift. My worst areas were excessive loose crepey sagging skin of the butt area and even more so my thigh area. I should have kept my own before pictures of how bad it was but I was so ashamed. I did let the surgeon share my before pictures but its hard to truly see how bad it was before. for me it was worth the scars. I had a T incision due to how much sagging skin so a incision in the groin area T shape and down the inner thigh. I only wish it had gone to my knees otherwise I have no regrets. I had some issues with the incision healing in the T Incision area but its now healed fine. I have many chronic health issues which made it a challenge so a healthy person fares better of course. Also having a lower BMI and making sure your blood work is healthy (the surgeon checks these things) helps the healing process. I took Turmeric, collagen, Vitamin C, Biotin (extra) and extra Protein and made sure not to push too hard while healing. Im not on my own computer I had problems and had to replace it but its going to take a while for me to get a replacement. my photos are on a solid state drive. I took pictures of my scar progress. In all honesty for me it was a huge difference. I didnt have a lot to remove but it was all loose skin. I would do it again definitely. some people I see have it they dont have alot of skin but they seem to remove fat along with it for me it was about horrid excess skin.

It was a challenge also having the Belt Lipectomy which is basically a body lift procedure. Along with the thigh lift. You have areas high tension that the incisions hold together and these can open. There is risk with anything. Basically if it does open the best course of action is secondary wound healing. using Bactigras and keeping it dry and bandaged until it heals and closes on its own. I had some challenges. But I think its mainly my chronic illness that made it challenging. my surgeon made sure I was good for surgery and made sure I was aware of possible things that could come up and I was prepared. My thigh Lift T incision opened but now you cant tell. to me its just a scar and still better than it was before. My body lift I had incision open at the coccyx that also is very common. its a high pressure point. some of my scar areas are so light though, it surprises me. I dont regret that either since my backside was the worst absolute worst. My body and skin felt like 90 years old. I mean i still do. because of my health issues but at least my body isnt sagging anymore! do I see some little things like my calves and backs of my knees and excess skin under my arms yes. but Im grateful I had my surgeries.

I am ... I think seven months out from surgery. I had it June 14th. I braved putting on a swimsuit. Just not in public yet. but Ill look for the picture maybe share it here. Im not a fan of myself. I didnt do it for cosmetics but for the physical effects and yes also how it made me feel.

I wish I were better at explaining. I tend to write too much. I havent been around Im dealing with some health issues. every time I go to write a post to discuss it I delete it. Thigh lift is a challenging surgery but for me it was something I needed to do. I was so scared when I thought it might not happen. and grateful my surgeon helped it happen. so no regrets here.

I am not a fan of sharing pictures sorry I dont have my before. My surgery pictures are on the Hospital BC Facebook Group. probably not the best pictures. My One side the scar is darker because that is my "bad side" medically. I dont remember if I shared other pictures here. I do have other pictures on my portable hard drive some very graphic scar pictures. Ive had so many surgeries in my life the scars dont phase me. I guess Ill say again its still better than all that loose, wrinkled and sagging skin. It helps the weight loss journey feel like i made goal. Im still working on body dysmorphia that likely wont change. but the sagging skin gone is something I dont regret.

FullSizeRender1.jpg

FullSizeRender2.jpg

FullSizeRender3.jpg

Wow you look amazing!!

On 01/02/2021 at 19:59, GreenTealael said:

Somehow, someway, some surgeons can dramatically improve thighs with just the Tummy Tuck or lower body lift. Mine were vastly improved but I didn't have extensive sagging.

Wow I hope it helps mine too!! Can’t wait to see!
I’ve seen your pics and yours came out awesome!! Can’t wait to be on the other side like a lot of y’all

1 hour ago, Darktowerdream said:

FullSizeRender1.jpg

FullSizeRender2.jpg

FullSizeRender3.jpg

Thank you so much for sharing. You look great!

you all are too nice. thank you 😏 Honestly the last I was this weight was probably when I was a kid, even 9 or 10 Id say. And I always had body issues. I appreciate the feedback. Having plastics felt like it solidified my weight loss journey even though I still feel challenged to keep it up. And funny I get comments from my doctors as if Im too skinny now 🤣 Im only 5' i still feel like the fat kid. But Im grateful to have come this far. and wish the best for everyone else on this journey too.

7 hours ago, Kris77 said:

Wow I hope it helps mine too!! Can’t wait to see!
I’ve seen your pics and yours came out awesome!! Can’t wait to be on the other side like a lot of y’all

I think it happens if the surgeon lifts the mons area along with the TT