Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 year surgeversary

Today is my 1 year surgeversary and despite everything going on in the world, its been a pretty good year. Since 12/31/2019 I am:
- Down 120 lbs from surgery (161.5 total)
- in the "normal" BMI range, for the first time in my adult life
- almost half of my weight (and will be when I reach goal)

My favorite NSVs
- My knees, what finally got me to have the surgery, feel SO much better
- I'm walking most days, anywhere from 1.5-2 miles and it feels so good both physically and mentally
- I want to be out and experiencing life again, v. being so tired at the end of the day and just wanting to sit on the couch
- I eat completely differently from before, and I have so much more energy
- Clothes fit so much better! From 2x-3x to a Medium in tops.
- Standard bath towels fit

Congrats! You’ve made so much progress in one year!

Awesome!!!

Happy Surgeversary!!!! Enjoy your new life!!!!!!

Happy Surgeversary to you! You've done an OUTSTANDING job!

3 hours ago, loridee11 said:

Today is my 1 year surgeversary and despite everything going on in the world, its been a pretty good year. Since 12/31/2019 I am:
- Down 120 lbs from surgery (161.5 total)
- in the "normal" BMI range, for the first time in my adult life
- almost half of my weight (and will be when I reach goal)

My favorite NSVs
- My knees, what finally got me to have the surgery, feel SO much better
- I'm walking most days, anywhere from 1.5-2 miles and it feels so good both physically and mentally
- I want to be out and experiencing life again, v. being so tired at the end of the day and just wanting to sit on the couch
- I eat completely differently from before, and I have so much more energy
- Clothes fit so much better! From 2x-3x to a Medium in tops.
- Standard bath towels fit

♥️ CONGRATULATIONS ♥️

Awesome! Congratulations. 🏆

Awesome!!!!!!

On 1/1/2021 at 7:57 AM, Lynnlovesthebeach said:

Congratulations! You have done an amazing job!

Hello there! Congratulations! Has anyone found that you have loss too much weight with the gastric bypass?

9 hours ago, Tink22 said:

Hello there! Congratulations! Has anyone found that you have loss too much weight with the gastric bypass?

No, no one in the medical field has said that. Actually, the range for a "normal" weight for my height is 94-124 lbs so I am right in the middle. I'm only 4'11" tall and medium build. Yes, I'm thin now but I'm back to the weight I was before I started gaining in the first place! I've been maintaining for a while now.

I did run into a friend I haven't seen in a while yesterday and she did say I'm "too skinny" and need to "gain some weight." I assured her I feel great and this is what I'm supposed to weigh.

I do see my surgeon in a couple weeks so I'll see what he says. I'm sure he'll tell me not to lose any more weight but I'm not planning to anyway! I think my body has found it's happy spot and this is where I'll stay unless I lose a couple of pounds with my next plastic surgery!

5 hours ago, Lynnlovesthebeach said:

No, no one in the medical field has said that. Actually, the range for a "normal" weight for my height is 94-124 lbs so I am right in the middle. I'm only 4'11" tall and medium build. Yes, I'm thin now but I'm back to the weight I was before I started gaining in the first place! I've been maintaining for a while now.

I did run into a friend I haven't seen in a while yesterday and she did say I'm "too skinny" and need to "gain some weight." I assured her I feel great and this is what I'm supposed to weigh.

I do see my surgeon in a couple weeks so I'll see what he says. I'm sure he'll tell me not to lose any more weight but I'm not planning to anyway! I think my body has found it's happy spot and this is where I'll stay unless I lose a couple of pounds with my next plastic surgery!

Hi,

I am almost 5ft3 so I understand. Your supposed to weight that much because you are petite. Good for you! My lowest weight was back in High school and I weighed 125lbs and I felt good. I was very healthy then. I wanted to get the sleeve but I can't because I have GERD. I worry that I will loose too much and loose my curves..lol