Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Everyone

My name is Leontyne Lynn Jones. I go by Lynn. I am 60 years old, I had my Gastric Bypass RNY on July 7th 20. I am 5 months Post-Op. It has been a struggle for me, at first I had developed this very intense pain on my left side after my surgery, then once I was told that I could start eating regular food, I started feeling nauseous every time I would eat or drink, called the office which I had my surgery done at Summa in Akron, my surgeon was Dr. Dan. I had notified the office what I was experiencing, nothing was done until I went in for my 3 months follow-up. The Nurse Practitioner ordered for me to have an Upper GI done. Had the test done found out that I have acid reflux, plus 2 small ulcers in my pouch, currently on medication for it. I am suppose to have an Endoscopy done, but with this COVID going on I don't know when this will get done. I do have my 6 months follow-up next month. Too be honest I had doubts about having the surgery, I really struggle with my discussion, it really gotten worst when I started having complications. But know I am glad that I did have it, I am no longer on any medications and I feel good. I live in Norton, I look forward to meeting everyone in the group.

Congratulations on reaching your goal weight in such a short time! That's fantastic. And it's great that you are off medications now. That shows a lot of improvement in your baseline health. I developed an ulcer as well, with no reason for it. I don't drink alcohol, soda, or caffeine - nothing to account for the ulcer. The doc said maybe a stitch didn't heal properly and set up the area for irritation. Anyway, mine is also resolved after a round of omeprazole.

I was 62 when I had my surgery, so I'm right there with you in the "Why are you having this done now?" club. I can't believe how many people asked me that - the surgeon, the psych, the nutritionist, my PCP...... but there is no question is the best decision I've ever made for my health and quality of like. When you get discouraged, try to remember how much you can do now - like move! Or get down on the floor - and get up again! Or play with your grandkids (if you have some), or ride a bike.

Welcome to the group. It is a very supportive and encouraging bunch.

Welcome to the forums and congratulations on your great success with WLS. We look forward to seeing you around the threads.

Thank You!

Thank You Azhiker for the encouraging message. I was actually 59 when I had my surgery I turned 60 in September. Yes I have 7 grandchildren. I’m starting to get use to seeing myself able to do things that I wasn’t able to do. I get a lot of compliments of how good I look. Right now I’m just struggling with what to eat for Breakfast, lunch and what type of Snacks.

12 hours ago, lynniepooh7 said:

Hello Everyone

My name is Leontyne Lynn Jones. I go by Lynn. I am 60 years old, I had my Gastric Bypass RNY on July 7th 20. I am 5 months Post-Op. It has been a struggle for me, at first I had developed this very intense pain on my left side after my surgery, then once I was told that I could start eating regular food, I started feeling nauseous every time I would eat or drink, called the office which I had my surgery done at Summa in Akron, my surgeon was Dr. Dan. I had notified the office what I was experiencing, nothing was done until I went in for my 3 months follow-up. The Nurse Practitioner ordered for me to have an Upper GI done. Had the test done found out that I have acid reflux, plus 2 small ulcers in my pouch, currently on medication for it. I am suppose to have an Endoscopy done, but with this COVID going on I don't know when this will get done. I do have my 6 months follow-up next month. Too be honest I had doubts about having the surgery, I really struggle with my discussion, it really gotten worst when I started having complications. But know I am glad that I did have it, I am no longer on any medications and I feel good. I live in Norton, I look forward to meeting everyone in the group.

Pleased to meet you! It does sound like some rough times and so sorry to hear that. I had gerd stage 3, yearly esophageal widenings and knots in my chest full of strange tight fists with even Water coming back up even before the surgery. Had complications with the surgery and the same nausea/vomitting and sharp pains the first months as well. Still having the typical nausea, etc and have had an ulcer form even with the Panteprazole and Omni 40 I have daily per my surgeon. Everything else has gotten way better and my stage 2 fatty liver disease is now reversing already to a low stage 1 with full reversal (my largest concern pre-surgery). I still have the gerd symptoms but not as bad. I'm 4 months out and the Dr said with that damage, it just takes time.

Not sure what your Dr is giving you or diagnosing but I would keep pestering a bit with these things if you are having this ongoing in such a severe way. I am still so thankful for my surgery every day-kinda used to the other side effects for having gerd so long before hand, but we are much healthier in the long run for it!

The nurse practitioner put me on Sucralfate the pill one because my insurance would not pay for the liquid. I take it three times a day I have to crush it and mix it with yogurt. I’m still struggling with eating because I don’t know what to eat. I’m thinking about going back to the liquid phrase. I go to the doctor next month for my 6 month follow up. Hopefully I can get some answers. Thank You for reaching out to me and welcoming me to the group.