Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got my surgery date. Any January bypass surgeries??

59 minutes ago, healthy and fit @ 60 said:

Got my surgery date of 1/26/21. Anyone else out there with January surgeries planned?

Sent from my SM-G986U using BariatricPal mobile app

yes, I'm so excited. I've been waiting on a date since mid October. My surgery date is January 12th. I wish you all the luck. Keep me posted. Rhonda

Btw...I'm going to be 56 on Dec 31st. We are very close in age, also

Edited by RhondaHigdon

Just an update : My surgery was Dec 15. RNY gastric -bypass : was walking around 2-hours after surgery, 1 night in hospital : Never nauseous, pain was MINIMAL ! NO gas cramps, My lower intestines' rumble from time to time but no pain. Since my surgery I have lost 20 LBs !!!!!! 8 days WOW I'm sure a lot of that has been Water , but still nice to see.. I have no issues with anything I consume except really cold or hot stuff....so I just let it get to more of a normal temp. NO hunger at all, I have to remember to eat !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fluid intake are struggle to get to 32oz a day. I've had five surgeries before this one : appendix, molars, both knee meniscus tears, one knee twice. This by far has been a breeze compared the others : So each is different : but some of us come thru the procedure very well ! hope this is your case : BTW I was very Obese 380lbs 5"8"

44 minutes ago, Mrb1807 said:

Just an update : My surgery was Dec 15. RNY gastric -bypass : was walking around 2-hours after surgery, 1 night in hospital : Never nauseous, pain was MINIMAL ! NO gas cramps, My lower intestines' rumble from time to time but no pain. Since my surgery I have lost 20 LBs !!!!!! 8 days WOW I'm sure a lot of that has been Water , but still nice to see.. I have no issues with anything I consume except really cold or hot stuff....so I just let it get to more of a normal temp. NO hunger at all, I have to remember to eat !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fluid intake are struggle to get to 32oz a day. I've had five surgeries before this one : appendix, molars, both knee meniscus tears, one knee twice. This by far has been a breeze compared the others : So each is different : but some of us come thru the procedure very well ! hope this is your case : BTW I was very Obese 380lbs 5"8"

This is amazing news. I'm so very happy for you. Thanks for the update. Yes, my surgery is coming up on January 12th. However, now I'm concerned because my 6yo granddaughter just tested positive for Covid! Great.... I pray that I don't get it. I was only around her briefly, and I kissed her on top of her head. Finger crossed for me that I don't get this crap. Thanks

Thats awesome. Hoping for the same!

I’m keeping my fingers crossed for a January surgery date. I’ve been released for surgery by my bariatric center/dietitian and I’ve had a COVID test (negative.) My endoscopy is in four days by my surgeon and then I get my surgery date! Can’t wait!!! 😁

My twin brother and I have just gotten our surgery date for Gastric Bypass surgery. We are scheded for 1/28/20. We will go in together on the same day with the same surgeon. We are excited to go through the process together. I see you said you were scheduled for 1/26 so we will be very close in dates. Congratulations and good luck with your upcoming surgery.

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm very excited to finally have a surgery date! We've been waiting for a while now. Congratulations to everyone with upcoming surgeries and good luck!

My twin brother and I have just gotten our surgery date for Gastric Bypass surgery. We are scheded for 1/28/20. We will go in together on the same day with the same surgeon. We are excited to go through the process together. I see you said you were scheduled for 1/26 so we will be very close in dates. Congratulations and good luck with your upcoming surgery.

Awesome. Keep me posted. Thats great that you and your brother are doing it together!

We certainly will and please keep us posted on your progress as well.