Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone out there who has been diagnosed with PCOS/Endometriosis prior to surgery able to shed some insight on what to expect after surgery? Have you noticed your symptoms decreasing or being less severe, etc...? Any information is helpful; I just want to know what I can expect.

Anyone out there who has been diagnosed with PCOS/Endometriosis prior to surgery able to shed some insight on what to expect after surgery? Have you noticed your symptoms decreasing or being less severe, etc...? Any information is helpful; I just want to know what I can expect.

I'm suffering from PCOS. Irregular periods, weight gain, Water retention, anxiety... all the symptoms you can imagine and quite severe.
I had my surgery 5 weeks ago in hope to lose some weight and that the body would reboot the whole hormone household and metabolism, having posiive effect on pcos too.
I've lost almost 20 lbs in 5 weeks. Currently having a stall and fears not to lose any more weight. But like everyone here on the forum says, carry on with the routine and it will follow.
Now coming to effects on pcos.. I feel positive regarding to my body image and weightloss, can sleep much better and have barely anxiety attacks.
Can't say anything about menstrual cycle yet.
Just hoping it will regulate the cycle too.
The facial Hair growth has increased though.
I was taking inistole prior surgery for PCOS. Stopped at the moment.
Will speak to my doc if I should continue taking them.

Sent from my SM-N960F using BariatricPal mobile app

sach1, I would like to hear more about how things are going with you on your journey if that's okay with you. I received my surgery date yesterday. I'm scheduled for February 25, 2021 and I'm in a state of disbelief and excitement. It's been an extremely long and tedious journey getting to this point. I'm happy to be closer to my goal. I was initially set for the gastric bypass surgery, but after further assessment; my surgeon feels the sleeve will be just as beneficial for me considering my overall health. Congratulations on your current success and best wishes to you as you go even further.

sach1, I would like to hear more about how things are going with you on your journey if that's okay with you. I received my surgery date yesterday. I'm scheduled for February 25, 2021 and I'm in a state of disbelief and excitement. It's been an extremely long and tedious journey getting to this point. I'm happy to be closer to my goal. I was initially set for the gastric bypass surgery, but after further assessment; my surgeon feels the sleeve will be just as beneficial for me considering my overall health. Congratulations on your current success and best wishes to you as you go even further.

Hey.
Sure it's absolutely ok with me.
I'm 10 weeks out now and lost 33lbs.
I'm losing slower than many others here but as far as its going downwards I'm happy.
I have had my periods twice in last 2 months and a cycle of about 40 days. Which was not normal for me, not to forget. Plus they stopped by themselves, which never happened usually. Always had to take some hormone tablets to regulate or even stop the bleeding.
The blood flow was very heavy though but hopefully it will settle down too.
It's really working for me.
There are certain times when I feel low and think things might not work out but then I embrace the situation try to work through it.
Just as we do in normal situations [emoji18]
Wish you all the best for your surgery and hope things work out for you too.
Always here if you would like to hear more.
Take care
xx

On 12/21/2020 at 13:06, Mo3orLess1116 said:

I was diagnosed with PCOS/Endometriosis before surgery. I’m only 2 months post op and have not yet noticed any relief as far as pain/symptoms go. I actually had a large cyst rupture 2 weeks ago. But, my Gynecologist is still optimistic that further weight loss might turn things around. His opinion is that it’s too early to determine if a weight change will help. But I did notice small positive results. First time in YEARS I didn’t break out in hormonal acne. My face always bloomed around that time of month and my skin is smooth and looks amazing. Ditching sugar, eating Whole Foods and limiting carbs to 20-30 a day I think is also helping. Sugar can make symptoms worse and I learned that on my own, nobody ever told me. I would of switched my diet years ago if I knew. Hopefully at my year mark I’ll be able to know if the surgery helped.

Luna805, thanks for sharing. I'm hoping to see improvements after my surgery. I'm excited! Good luck to you and I wish you continued success!

On 1/28/2021 at 1:52 PM, sach1 said:

Thank You! You take care as well!

On 1/28/2021 at 1:52 PM, sach1 said:

Hey.
Sure it's absolutely ok with me.
I'm 10 weeks out now and lost 33lbs.
I'm losing slower than many others here but as far as its going downwards I'm happy.
I have had my periods twice in last 2 months and a cycle of about 40 days. Which was not normal for me, not to forget. Plus they stopped by themselves, which never happened usually. Always had to take some hormone tablets to regulate or even stop the bleeding.
The blood flow was very heavy though but hopefully it will settle down too.
It's really working for me.
There are certain times when I feel low and think things might not work out but then I embrace the situation try to work through it.
Just as we do in normal situations
Wish you all the best for your surgery and hope things work out for you too.
Always here if you would like to hear more.
Take care
xx

Fellow PCOS’er here too...

I’m only 6 weeks post op but I’ve had two periods so far. I had not had one in 18 months, then one week into my pre op diet I started. It wasn’t too bad. Then 36 days later I started again. This time, holy hell...it was like a damn broke loose. TMI. I called the doctor it freaked me out. I bled less/clots after having multiple kids! They said it was totally normal and it’s just the crazy hormones. I am hoping for more symptom relief as time goes on!