Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

25 minutes ago, Orinskye said:

My surgery consult got moved up.
so for anyone that searches in future:

classes started in October. Classes finished in late December.
had my surgery consult January 12.

surgeon said I am good to go. I do NOT need to do a liquid diet prior to surgery (my BMI is currently 38). My weight starting classes was 310 pounds and my current weight at the consult was 297 pounds.
he put my name on a list for surgeries to be scheduled as soon as they open up again

Awesome congratulations 👏 best of luck please keep us updated!!!

Great news!

That is great!

I finally got my pysch appointment and Surgeon appointment. Hope all goes well.

That’s great! When is your surgeon consult going to be?
psych eval was no big deal. She asked me questions about my history, smoking, drinking habits, eating habits, my support system, why I want the surgery, etc. it lasted MAYBE 20 minutes.

basically they want to weed out any issues prior to surgery like eating disorders or potential transfer addiction tendencies.

Thank you for telling me. I was wondering what the would ask. Both of my appointments are next week. Im so excited.

Have you guys heard anything about when they will resume surgeries at Kaiser... I had an appointment Friday and the nurse made it sound like it wasnt going to be anytime soon...that whole apt was bizarre i met with a doctor from the bariatric program but it wasn't the surgeon ... he referred me to the surgeon... my apt with the surgeon is next week... i still haven't heard anything about a psych test.

I have not had my surgeon appointment yet. Its suppose to be this Thursday. I did hear they have the surgery on hold. Im not sure why if there are other hospitals still doing them.

They have no plan for resuming surgeries as of yet.
I talked to my nephrologist last week and he told me surgeries are on hold for sure until the end of January. He said if numbers go down and they resume quickly I could have it by mid February, but that would be like “at the earliest scenario”. He said more likely would be March or April.
I’m in a good position though, because once they resume surgeries they will start scheduling and they will get caught up with those people who were bumped. I don’t have to do a two week liquid diet like other people would have to do so I could get moved through more quickly (crossing my fingers anyways lol)

1 hour ago, Samym said:

I have not had my surgeon appointment yet. Its suppose to be this Thursday. I did hear they have the surgery on hold. Im not sure why if there are other hospitals still doing them.

From what I’ve heard all of the hospitals in southern ca are on hold because of the covid numbers. They are insane the closer you get to LA.
one thing I’m not sure I mentioned: but when we were going through classes we were told that we would stay overnight in the hospital. I don’t know if you guys were told the same? . In talking with the surgeon I was told that the procedure would be OUTPATIENT and I could go home that same day. 🤷🏼‍♀️

51 minutes ago, baritheri said:

I was told that it would be outpatient during the classes. I guess since Covid impacted the hospitals they have been outpatient.

Yeah That totally makes sense.

Have you guys heard anything? I’ve been watching other threads and people are popping up with surgeries scheduled in February and March in other areas.

Our state just lifted stay at home orders and Southern California is projected to reach a 33percent icu capacity as of February 21 so I would assume they would be starting to schedule surgeries given most people will need to do a liquid diet beforehand.

fingers crossed that they start scheduling soon!

I had my psych appointment yesterday and she was saying surgeries are still on hold. They are hoping they are hoping to open it back up soon. I hope they do.