Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone. I'm not new to LapBandTalk but I've been away for a very long time. Since being banded I've lost 60 pounds and am still another 75 away from my goal weight so . . . a long long way to go.

I left LBT during one of the unpleasant exchanges that took place and I'm hoping things are better now. I could really use y'alls support right now, my weight loss has stalled and I've actually put on a few pounds - yep, I'm eating around my band. Sigh.

I don't need a fill, I'm one of the unlucky ones who get massive swelling with each fill so its very very hard to get any fill and not have to take it right back out. As it is, I get full on a small amount of food, but I continue to eat, or wait awhile and then go back for more. (:help:) I know most of you vets have heard this story before.

A little encouragement and maybe some similar-but-with-a-happy-ending kinds of stories will help me to get back on track.

It's good to be here again, hopefully some of you will remember me and give me a little of your strength and motivation.

Thanks for listening,

DonnaB

Welcome back! Sorry you're having a difficult time right now. One thing that helps me, is that I spend NO MORE than 30 minutes eating a meal. After 30 minutes, I wrap up whatever is left, for another meal. It takes me a while to chew food, mainly because I have never PB'ed and I want to keep it that way!

Many surgeons don't want their patients to snack between meals, but if I get really hungry (stomach growling hungry) I will snack on 1 oz. of nuts, a 100 calorie pack, or a piece of fruit. I try to keep Snacks really small.

Hope things get better for you. I'm sure you will get back on track and be at your goal weight soon. Good luck to you!

Donna, welcome back to lapband talk. Yes, you are eating around the band. I would just try and eat until satisfied and throw the rest away. Some people use salt and salt their food so they will not eat it again. Good luck.

Hey Donna, welcome back. I am just coming off some problems with my band which resulted in some weight gain too. I had all my fill out for a while. I just got filled again yesterday and am starting over again, in my eyes. We just need to get ourselves motivated again.

Donna---Susan--it is good to see you both back again!!!

You were missed!

Hope things begin to settle down with your bands, and as for me, you can both count on my suppport any time!

Kat

Well of course we'll give you some support...hose or stockings? *grin* It's good to see you back, Donna. Say hi to M for us. The main thing is to remember what you did in the beginning. Eat right, get your Protein and exercise. All else fails, get a teeny tiny fill, maybe??? We love ya!