Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had gastric bypass on Oct 28. Got ulcers. I'm not even eating but I have gained 2 pounds. Haven't lost a pound in 2 weeks. REALLY FRUSTRATED. 🤬

I am really about to lose it. I had the gastric bypass on October 28th. I lost 31 lb in the first 5 weeks. The last 2 weeks I've actually gained 2 lb, which really frustrates me because I haven't even been eating. Just a couple bites of greek yogurt here and there. I got ulcers after my surgery, so EVERYTHING hurts to go down. I know I don't drink enough Water. I've never liked water and I try to drink it but I have a really hard time. I just don't understand how I could actually gain 2 pounds!! Anorexic people never eat, yet they lose weight, so I don't understand the whole, eat to lose weight concept.

45 minutes ago, NeverAgain297 said:

I am really about to lose it. I had the gastric bypass on October 28th. I lost 31 lb in the first 5 weeks. The last 2 weeks I've actually gained 2 lb, which really frustrates me because I haven't even been eating. Just a couple bites of greek yogurt here and there. I got ulcers after my surgery, so EVERYTHING hurts to go down. I know I don't drink enough Water. I've never liked Water and I try to drink it but I have a really hard time. I just don't understand how I could actually gain 2 pounds!! Anorexic people never eat, yet they lose weight, so I don't understand the whole, eat to lose weight concept.

Not eating anything actually can slow down your progress. I would also find a way to get in water, broth, sugar free Jello, crystal lite, the cirkul bottle, there are so many options out there, if you are not getting in the water or your Protein you are not helping your body lose the weight.

Can you sit down with your dietitian and go over some other diet options? I am sure its extremely frustrating and painful but maybe they can help you come up with some options for you that sound appealing ???

You're not eating enough. Trust me, it's true. Plus you've probably encountered a stall, which might take a couple of weeks to get over and you'll always have fluctuating Water levels, so don't sweat the 2 lbs and keep following the program. Eat some more!

Sounds as if the need to increase or change your ulcer meds. Water does not need to be in the firm of water only. Try drinking milk, tea, broth, etc.

stalls are common - I had several on my journey. To deal with them, you just have to stick to your program and stay off the scale for a few days if you have to. As long as you stick to your program, stalls will eventually break. They usually last 1-3 weeks.

check with your surgeon about the ulcers. They may have to increase your PPI dosage (or if you're not on PPI's, they'll probably put you on them - many of us are on them for 3-6 months after surgery)

When I had my surgery, I lost weight for the first week, then I got sick. I didn't eat anything except for applesauce and a cracker or two for almost four weeks, and was vomiting uncontrollably (my gallbladder was dying, but the doctors took forever to figure it out). In that time, I didn't lose a single pound, but as soon as my gallbladder was out and I was eating like I was supposed to, I did. When you don't eat, your body is starving and hanging on to everything it can so it won't die.

I understand that it's frustrating, but you have to try to eat something. If you have ulcers, your doctor needs to help by getting you a ppi or something to help your stomach out. But you *have* to eat to lose weight. I hope you feel better soon. Just hang in there.

Thanks so much everyone for your helpful advice. I am going to do my best to get some more calorie intake and keep pushing to drink more liquids. It's so nice to have you all here. Thanks again!