Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ONEDERLAND peeps!

Well we had a major snowstorm here in the Southern Tier of NY with over 4 ft of snow-I think shoveling all day yesterday put me over the top with weight loss lol. I woke up this morning and FINALLY got that scale to move under the 200 lb mark (no stall but just a slow down in the last week or so).

I started a new job a few weeks ago at a factory and adding more hours this last week for Christmas with overtime. I am on my feet with some heavy lifting and physical activity but it's helping with the exercise part. I had gained about a lb a week ago and figured it was for the muscle content with the increased movement to my daily normal activity but now it's going down fast again.

Also marks 100 lb weight loss since program start this year-holy cow! My Dr and hospital scales are all one lb less then my scale-actually down to 197- but who's counting that close? ME, that's who! lol.

I don't think many people outside of this group can understand how much my life has changed and is changing for this surgery. I work and am tired but no excrutiating pain for days after with just a few hours on my feet. Honestly I can bend, move and be fast with productivity at my workplace and feel awesome with a good day of work. I can take a freakin bath!!!! and feel just so skinny! My husband and I have a renewed relationship in all aspects but one aspect not mentioning that has been awesome :-)! Hey, I'm old-not dead lol.

I sit down and have room with my animals able to sit on a lap that I now have and I am able to easily bend to clean the pens, guinea pig areas and even to play with my chihuahuas or walk with my family. It's just surreal how different and wonderful I feel. Oh I have my precious Holland Lop bunnies that are basically free roam and 9 guinea pigs rescued. I clean constantly and able to do that on top of work with really no problems.

40 more lbs to go. My birthday was Jan 21 of this year- I turned 48 and hit an unbelievable depression. I truly hated myself as the scale approached 300 lbs and I couldn't even walk. That's what spurred the research for medical weight loss and was able to start the program a month later-changed my life!! So grateful!

I now wear a size 16/18-holy cow! Last year I barely fit a size 28.

131658207_732738680695468_2160727591619749090_n.jpg

131474632_432689564562978_949637525335261849_n.jpg

flhuge.jpg

v1.jpg

Edited by ichabodny

Congrats and welcome to Onderland! It sounds like you and I are pretty similar in our starting stats. Though it sounds like you’re taller than me (going by what size you wear with what your weight is compared to what size I was in at that weight lol)

keep up the great work! You’ll hit that goal in no time. I have about 30lbs until what’s considered “normal” weight

I remember when you joined! You rock and you post is so true about how people have no clue what they are missing out on till they get healthy@ Great job

congrats love the socks. I am liking fitting all the skinny clothes I bought over the years !

I haven't quite hit Onederland yet, still seven pounds away for me and 26 pounds to my goal weight, but I remember a few weeks back when I bought a size large shirt and size 14 pants on a whim just to see if I fit in them and... I DID! I cried! I was in a size 6xl and size 32 pants when the year started and now I'm in a large shirt and 14 pants! This year has been a roller coaster of ups and downs, but I'm so glad I did this surgery. I NEVER thought I'd get into a size 14! I haven't been in a size 14 since I was 12! (I'm 33 so 21 years ago!) Congrats on hitting Onederland and keep up the good work!

Congrats on hitting Onederland! Way to go! Woot-Woot!

4 hours ago, skyewolfe said:

Congrats and welcome to Onderland! It sounds like you and I are pretty similar in our starting stats. Though it sounds like you’re taller than me (going by what size you wear with what your weight is compared to what size I was in at that weight lol)

keep up the great work! You’ll hit that goal in no time. I have about 30lbs until what’s considered “normal” weight

I know you're feeling great too! Congrats on your loss as well. Hoping for 170 lbs in a few months but really happy to even be here so far. My daughter literally just hit my goal weight (161 lbs) lol. I said that I was getting there!

1 hour ago, GradyCat said:

Congrats on hitting Onederland! Way to go! Woot-Woot!

Thank you!

2 hours ago, NovaLuna said:

I haven't quite hit Onederland yet, still seven pounds away for me and 26 pounds to my goal weight, but I remember a few weeks back when I bought a size large shirt and size 14 pants on a whim just to see if I fit in them and... I DID! I cried! I was in a size 6xl and size 32 pants when the year started and now I'm in a large shirt and 14 pants! This year has been a roller coaster of ups and downs, but I'm so glad I did this surgery. I NEVER thought I'd get into a size 14! I haven't been in a size 14 since I was 12! (I'm 33 so 21 years ago!) Congrats on hitting Onederland and keep up the good work!

Wow!! That's an amazing weight loss-holy cow. Yeah, trying on clothes is now the thing for real! I can't try them on in the store so I grab a size down here or there and say to myself I can eventually get into it, go home and it fits already. Even jeans are a pleasure to wear now (used to avoid them like the plague). Congratulations yourself!

2 hours ago, Mr Alley Gator said:

I remember when you joined! You rock and you post is so true about how people have no clue what they are missing out on till they get healthy@ Great job

Thank you so much! I'm very happy to be part of this group or I would be going crazy sometimes lol. It makes such a difference.

Congrats! I just hit one-derland myself a couple of weeks ago... it’s great, isn’t it? So many things are easier when you’re not carrying around a whole extra person. Not many people know what it means to lose 100 pounds. I used to see people who lost that much and I thought it was impossible. It’s very cool to be one of those people now.

On 12/18/2020 at 1:05 PM, BigSue said:

Congrats! I just hit one-derland myself a couple of weeks ago... it’s great, isn’t it? So many things are easier when you’re not carrying around a whole extra person. Not many people know what it means to lose 100 pounds. I used to see people who lost that much and I thought it was impossible. It’s very cool to be one of those people now.

Aw congrats yourself! Enjoy the holidays- I only dreamt of being so much healthier by Christmas this year.