Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So, I have basically been quarantined d since March. I have been fortunate and worked from home the entire time. I think what I am
Most nervous about is catching covid when in the hospital, as I will be in there a day. Also, I won’t have a mask on during surgery. I have to take a test soon for covid and am hoping my doctor will too. Does anyone else have the same concerns? What did you do to calm yourself?

Well I had my surgery pre-Covid, but I live in a house where the three other people I lived with all caught Covid and I had to hole myself up in my room so I didn't catch it. I didn't catch it, but one of the people I lived with died from it (she was 86 and had COPD though). My sister had a C-Section in October though and was in the hospital for two days and then spend two weeks in and out of the hospital NICU and neither she, her son, nor husband caught it so my advice is to try and remain positive. I'm sure you'll be fine as the doctors and nurses are doing their absolute best to stop the spread and they are being tested frequently (my mom is a nurse and so is my aunt). My advice is to take Probiotics if you're not, it helps boost your immune system.

Hospitals are very very sterile right now, also you will not be anywhere near the Covid ward. Your staff is a surgery staff and they do not work on Covid Cases. My view is the risk is very very low and I also know that Staffs at hospitals due not mingle with the covid staff.

I agree i would be a little nervous also but I would take the risk

4 hours ago, Mr Alley Gator said:

Hospitals are very very sterile right now, also you will not be anywhere near the Covid ward. Your staff is a surgery staff and they do not work on Covid Cases. My view is the risk is very very low and I also know that Staffs at hospitals due not mingle with the covid staff.

I agree i would be a little nervous also but I would take the risk

I agree. I work in a hospital with outpatient procedures and the Covid patients are far away from us. Our patients are tested and even come through a "clean" entrance. If you can get your surgery done now, go for it! If elective procedures get shut down again, it could be a long time before this window of opportunity opens again. Besides, it's December and you will get the deductible and out-of-pocket expenses covered this year, rather than starting over next year.

Surgery in a sterile operating room is one of the safest places you'll ever be. Rest assured it'll be fine.

Thank you all. I almost started crying about it today in my preop but my surgeon helped by talking to me. Just one night hopefully.

Like others have said, you're probably safer going into the hospital than almost anywhere you may go. Everything is sterile and the likelihood of catching something is super rare. Now, if you go to Walmart or the grocery store...