Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The best compliment....

Uber driver who hasn’t seen me in a year pulls up to my house

Driver: Do you live here with the other lady? Is she your sister?

Me: Um, no? You don’t know my sister

Driver: I used to pick another lady up here all the time

Me: Yeah that was me

Driver: 😳

@ChubRub, @FindYourFire: Oh, going-back-to-work day is going to be FUN!

Reminds me of a wedding I went to when I was about 7 months post op in June 2019. I hadn't seen a lot of the extended family since the Christmas prior, so I looked pretty different, to say the least.

I saw one of Mr's uncles who is one of my faves and walked up to him and said hi and leaned in to give him a peck on the cheek. He looked at me very surprised (which I expected), but then he spoke to me very coldly (which I did not expect), and excused himself rather quickly. Ok, so that was weird.

During the ceremony, he leaned over the pew from behind me and gave me a hug from behind. When the ceremony was over he explained that when he saw me earlier he didn't know it was me and incorrectly assumed that Mr' and I had broken up or something and that I was the new girlfriend!! 😂😂😂😂😂 His wife had set him straight during the ceremony, hence the hug, LOL.

Glad to know that if Mr and I ever broke up, fave uncle has my back!

@ChubRub, @FindYourFire: Maybe you guys can show up pretending to be a new hire and see how far you get, lololololzzzzz

Edited by ms.sss

2 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

Maybe you guys can show up pretending to be a new hire and see how far you get, lololololzzzzz

@ms.sss Hahahahahhahaah can you imagine?! that would be hilarious!

3 hours ago, GradyCat said:

Those are some great compliments. I don't have a story like that. Nobody's really said anything to me. And I'm OLD!

So am I!

3 hours ago, GradyCat said:

Those are some great compliments. I don't have a story like that. Nobody's really said anything to me. And I'm OLD!

Meh...Old, Shmold.

Alot of us are probably fitter than we have ever been in our adult lives!

P.S. if your avatar is any indication, you look great. AND happy! ❤️

Uber driver who hasn’t seen me in a year pulls up to my house
Driver: Do you live here with the other lady? Is she your sister?
Me: Um, no? You don’t know my sister
Driver: I used to pick another lady up here all the time
Me: Yeah that was me
Driver: [emoji15]
Oh funny!!

17 minutes ago, pdc1605 said:

I am loving this post! Just puts a chuckle in the day! I am presently in the process. First consultation on Thursday!

Congrats @pdc1605!! I remember taking that first step very well. I. WAS. TERRIFIED. and totally unsure of myself. I clearly remember repeating over & over "what am I doing? what am I doing!?" Looking back now (5 months post-op) I can say without a doubt it was the BEST thing I've ever done for myself. Congrats on taking the leap. Can't wait to have you on the losers bench! :)

On 12/15/2020 at 6:52 AM, GradyCat said:

I USED to be 64 years old, Now I am 64 years YOUNG!!! :) :) :)

Yesterday, my boss (a man) came up to me and told me that I looked amazing and "whatever you're doing, keep it up!" I did tell him I was having weight loss surgery, so I think he knows what I'm doing, but it was great to hear! :)

I have a new one. Was told I had lovely arms yesterday. No, I didn’t then wave my arms in the air to show my bat wings. Lol! I kept my arms securely against my body & graciously thanked him. What the eyes can’t see .... 😂

On 12/14/2020 at 10:14 PM, FindYourFire said:

Yesterday I picked up Starbucks. While waiting on my drink, another woman was making small talk with me. She very confidently said to me: "So you play soccer?" It caught me off guard because I wasn't wearing anything indicating anything about soccer, nor had we discussed anything about sports or soccer. (I had on tennis hoes and Nike Running crop pants.) It was honestly pretty random... but later it hit me... She assumed that I was an athlete.. because I looked thin/athletic enough to look like an athlete. It's been the best compliment I've received in the 5-ish months since my surgery. So, what was your best compliment?

That's Amazing!

While on vacation my hubby said I "looked like Jackie Kennedy". Even after 30 years, he is still the greatest husband. P.S. I'm glad to say I'm 15 pounds lighter now than I was in the picture!!2476.thumb.jpeg.e712d02bc97af0aa3e10bc98d2fca674.jpeg

While on vacation my hubby said I "looked like Jackie Kennedy". Even after 30 years, he is still the greatest husband. P.S. I'm glad to say I'm 15 pounds lighter now than I was in the picture!!2476.thumb.jpeg.e712d02bc97af0aa3e10bc98d2fca674.jpeg

You are absolutely gorgeous!

Sent from my SM-G950F using BariatricPal mobile app