Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi am 2 years 2 months post gastric bypass and so far very successful I lost 155 pounds. Is there anyone who is over two years? If so how do you find it . Also any suggestions or tips . I work out so much but now that they close the gyms again it is a struggle and also outside is cold so this makes it challenging. I so work inside my apartment but not the same like going to the gyms I feel like working out in the cold am not really sweating so am not losing. All about motivation and being around people who will support you on this journey . Keep up this forum it is very good.

I'm 5.5 years out.

My gym is now offering several of its classes via Zoom, so I do a Zumba class 2-3 times a week and also a couple of light strength-training classes (meant for seniors - but then, I'm technically a senior....although anyone can register for the class). I've also done a kickboxing class twice (which I really liked and plan to do again)

in addition, I've found a ton of fitness videos on youtube. I've done videos on strength-training, Zumba and other cardio dance classes, kickboxing, yoga - I forget what else, but there are a TON of fitness videos on youtube.

btw - I love my RNY. I had a 15 lb regain during year 3 (which unfortunately is very common), but I've come to accept it, and my body seems to have settled here. For the most part, I don't have trouble maintaining it, although I still have to really watch my food intake so I'm not overdoing it.

50 minutes ago, catwoman7 said:

in addition, I've found a ton of fitness videos on youtube. I've done videos on strength-training, Zumba and other cardio dance classes, kickboxing, yoga - I forget what else, but there are a TON of fitness videos on youtube.

Would you mind sharing some of the fitness videos on YouTube that you like? I've been doing Leslie Sansone videos, which are great, but I'm starting to get bored with the limited selection available on YouTube.

22 minutes ago, BigSue said:

Would you mind sharing some of the fitness videos on YouTube that you like? I've been doing Leslie Sansone videos, which are great, but I'm starting to get bored with the limited selection available on YouTube.

I've done several that Pop Sugar puts out (and they have all kinds - cardio dancing, weight training, etc) - Most of those are pretty reliable, so try doing a search on that ("Pop Sugar"))..

if you're into yoga, "Yoga with Adrienne" is popular - some of the people on another site I'm are big fans of hers. I've done some of her videos, too, and yes - they're pretty good (I only do gentle forms of yoga - she does both gentle and more challenging/vigorous)

I also like this one (below). It's a Zumba class from Vietnam. It's really different than the Zumba around here - not sure if this is standard in Vietnam, or if it's just the way this particular instructor does it (she has several of them posted - they're for varying lengths of time - anywhere from 20 minutes up to an hour). It doesn't always seem like I'm working that hard because she mostly stays in one place and does a lot of really quick arm and leg movements, but according to my Fitbit, my heart rate goes sky high with this, so it's evidently doing something

I've also done some strength training videos for seniors (technically I AM a senior, but I'm pretty fit and am capable of keeping up with regular videos and classes - but I have arthritis and osteoporosis, so I kind of have to watch what I'm doing so I don't injure myself. The videos and classes targeting at seniors are pretty safe for me...). I haven't done any single one more than a couple of times - but I'll repeat some of the ones I remember this week and then let you know what I think...

Hi! Congrats on your success!

I am 6 years post with sleeve. I've lost 175 lbs and working towards an additional 25 lbs. I track my food daily with MyFitnessPal since 2014. I am too generous with myself to "eyeball" food, so weighing/measuring is a must. I weigh myself daily to stay on track/watch trends, but only record Saturday's weight.

I work out 5x per week...a mix of walk/run intervals, cycling, yoga and kettlebell. I also use YouTube videos and subscribe to the Peloton app.

FYI, there is a WLS Veterans board on this site. I've seen everything from 2-10 years of tenure. Worth checking out.

Nice congrats vsgchick you have done well. Nice to know after 6 years you are doing well. Keep up the good work. I will surely follow the tips you give. Keep up the good work . I do weigh myself daily too in the past I found that if I didn't I tend to not stay on track so if I go up I know what exactly I ate. I also work out at lest 3-5 times per week kind of slow down because they keep closing down the gyms but I started to do from home. It is so cold to walk outside sometimes but hopefully we will get over this rough patch soon. Thanks again. Do you have a name for the veteran WLS site?