Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Too much weight losd

Looking for people who are still sick after they eat. Have had their Roux de Y Gastric Bypass surgery a few years back. Anyone suffering malnutrition? Having hard time with Vitamins? Had a Dr that says he wishes you hadn’t had the surgery? I need to relate to another person who may be like me right now. Ty. No hurry in answers. I’m busy working but will check in. Ty ty

it's not very common, but I've seen a handful of posts like that since I joined this forum six years ago. Hopefully one of those folks is still around whom you can connect with...

6 hours ago, Jewelleej said:

Looking for people who are still sick after they eat. Have had their Roux de Y Gastric Bypass surgery a few years back. Anyone suffering malnutrition? Having hard time with Vitamins? Had a Dr that says he wishes you hadn’t had the surgery? I need to relate to another person who may be like me right now. Ty. No hurry in answers. I’m busy working but will check in. Ty ty

I think I have had fat malabsorption since surgery, but my Vitamin levels have been good. I do not have any problems taking my Vitamins except that sometimes I forget to take them. I try to eat an extremely healthy Whole Foods Plant Based diet to get all the phytonutrients and natural vitamins I can. I chew everything really well, especially anything raw. So every calorie is very nutritionally dense - not calories that are empty ones from simple carbs or processed products. This may well be why my vitamin levels are good.

I have to admit I feel there are changes mechanically, but I can't really describe the feeling. Somehow, even though I have lots of energy and am healthy, I feel a bit more frail somehow. A little more vulnerable. Maybe that's because my bones are visible and I am not encased in an insulative, padded layer of fat. I feel that my pouch is more delicate than my old stomach and still vulnerable to ulcers. I am very careful to avoid all alcohol and soda, but I do have some Decaf coffee occasionally. Its hard to describe, but I do not have a body that is simply thin - it is different and not completely intact like it used to be. That's not bad - just different. And I do not regret the surgery one bit. I knew it would be a complete life makeover, but didn't realize the total depth of that makeover until afterward.

I have been struggling with intermittent severe nausea during the 18 months after WLS. My weight last month dipped to 117.6, but now I am back to 120.6. Every time I have had an extended bout of nausea, which has lasted days, my weight drops because I have trouble eating even 50% of my necessary daily calories.

My nutritionist has me drinking Ensure Plus when I can't eat, eating creamy Soups, oatmeal, avocado, nuts, and other healthy fatty foods. She also said I should have a small meal before bedtime each night. I need to stabilize my weight so that I hover around 124-125 lbs. But we can't figure out why I'm having prolonged nausea and how to remedy it.

So far, I have not tested as having malnutrition. I take Vitamins daily. My one concern is that I am a bit Protein deficient right now even though I take protein supplements every day.

Thank you all for the feed back. I haven’t talked to anyone who has lost excessive weight. It’s very hard to do the Vitamins and the liquid supplements. Only because it takes me a few hours after ingestion, that I feel ok. It’s while preparing, ingesting, then after, that just makes me so ill. After I get through all the ordeal, time to start over. It shouldn’t be this hard. But it is. Tired of being sick to my stomach after I supplement. And after I eat.

I get told by friends and co workers that I shouldn't lose any more weight. I started a new job in July and went out and bought new size medium clothes and now I am in a small.

1 minute ago, Lynda486 said:

I get told by friends and co workers that I shouldn't lose any more weight. I started a new job in July and went out and bought new size medium clothes and now I am in a small.

it's not up to them - it's up to you. If you're comfortable with it - fine. If you want to lose more - fine.

I’ve been told the same. And I thought it was strange someone said that to me. But as I continued to lose, I realized they were right. The melting candle effect. And for me it’s true. Too much loss. Just wish I could figure out how to put on 20 pounds.

On 12/13/2020 at 12:31 AM, Jewelleej said:

Thank you all for the feed back. I haven’t talked to anyone who has lost excessive weight. It’s very hard to do the Vitamins and the liquid supplements. Only because it takes me a few hours after ingestion, that I feel ok. It’s while preparing, ingesting, then after, that just makes me so ill. After I get through all the ordeal, time to start over. It shouldn’t be this hard. But it is. Tired of being sick to my stomach after I supplement. And after I eat.

I am only a little beyond 3 mo post op but this i have yupyupyup

If I eat healthier I lose weight, if I try and eat more calories I end up with digestive problems. I need to find a diet that will help me stay at the weight I am.

I am 13 months out from Bypass after sleeve in 7/18. I am nauseous everyday. Going for an endoscopy next week. I am miserable. Staying in the 130s, feel incredibly weak and frail. Meeting with nutritionist in January .

On 12/13/2020 at 5:31 AM, Jewelleej said:

I have NOT had my bypass yet, but while my dietitian said there is no proof that vitamin patches work, the surgeon suggested them as an option... so while they had conflicting viewpoints- it might be worth looking into so you're not downing so much everyday. Blood work would tell you soon enough if the Patches work for you. Also- IV Vitamins from time to time from a health boutique might be worth looking into though it's $$$.