Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

meal ideas and suggestions! Drop 'em here please!

Hi guys!

I'm looking for some good recommendations for basically any kinds of meals and Snacks for my lil' sleeve, there are probably threads like this out there in the depths of the forum, but it's hard sometimes finding peeps that are farther out like me.

I know that's kind of vague but I'm a year and 6 months out and I've been slacking pretty bad, so I'm just shopping around for food inspo! (Covid having me locked up in the house and eating my feelings is not a good mix y'all. :( )

I made meatballs with Rao's marinara sauce yesterday. For the meatballs - you use ground beef, parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, eggs and spices.. There are tons of recipes for low-carb meatballs - if you google.. it was so good. Ate some of the leftovers today & will have the rest tomorrow.

Also a favorite of mine is taco meat with lettuce and cheese served over Quest Protein Loaded Taco "chips". It taste just like a real taco! I eat that a few times a week - I love it so much. I only use 1/2 a bag of the chips per meal.

Try the food before & after thread. Some posters are in maintenance, 1, 2, + yrs out, some are still losing. Lots of yummy pxts, product recommendations, recipes, etc.

I am 10 months out and find I need to have quick, easy high Protein meals about. I like to cook, so I will do more involved stuff on the week-ends, but here are a few go-to items for me:

1. Frozen Turkey Meatballs (with a red sauce, with canned beef gravy, with mozzarella on a bed of lettuce)

2. Bag of frozen shrimp (shrimp salad for lunch with a bag of kibo high protein chips, on a salad, with cocktail sauce as a snack, with turkey sausage, cauliflower rice and cajun spice for "jambalaya").

3. Make ahead ground turkey with LOTs of taco seasoning...night I make it we have tacos for dinner (I have the kibo chips, family has taco shells) then for a couple of lunches I have shredded lettuce, corn and taco meat

4. Turkey sausage chili with red Beans and TONS of veggies and extra chili seasoning; great for these winter evenings, and I have it for lunches all week; I use Sargento 4 cheese Mexican shredded cheese with this

5. Beef barley soup; I make it on the week-end and have it all week. Delicious and filling.

6. I keep kirkland chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Protein Bars on hand for when I'm craving sweet

7. Siggi Yogurt -- I love the kind with Almond Butter as an add-in; they can be hard to find so I'll have vanilla Siggi and add 1 to 2 tablespoons of Almond or Sunflower butter. Delicious and high in protein.

The first one is actually my lunch for work tonight. Chickpeas, cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots, feta, and fat free Italian.
82635834-BB40-4786-AB5B-9A9C6BA5634E.thumb.jpeg.4ac1d610b939797f12e942621d203d47.jpeg

This one is a Korean style beef bowl with rice. Only measured about 1/2 cup of stuff.

A6227490-E515-41E8-B5E2-486810205F6F.thumb.jpeg.78f5f2718e81b56025b4702ac2fc1625.jpeg

This one is ground turkey and cabbage Soup.
47BEFE50-EF85-453B-A14D-7F96A4D3C49D.thumb.jpeg.02a4a39f235d21d3e0f6adc9eddb3908.jpeg

This last one is salad greens with feta, almonds, dried cranberries, and cucumbers drizzled with balsamic vinegar.
69CE6CEC-6C71-419C-88F8-D44B255671BF.thumb.jpeg.80fbea3fad0fd169f0c9d855ab9cc31a.jpeg