Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Too old for plastics?

I am 47 and did my WLS 12 years ago at 35yo. I lost 115lbs, regained 70, lost another 30 (so far). I regret not doing plastics at the time after my WLS in some ways, but mostly I'm glad because thereafter I had pregnancies and a child, and some weight regain. I mostly held off in case I did want children. Now, I wish I could have more kids but I am too old and all attempts have failed, so I am ready to commit to plastics (I think!), and focusing on being my best self. I feel like going through plastic surgery would cement the "new me" in my own mind, and help me be motivated to maintain it. I certainly understand the hesitation though - my husband doesn't care about my jiggles, doesn't really understand plastic surgery except to think it vain, and it is expensive - and mostly, I have a young child and do not take elective surgery lightly. So I will research, and research, and 2nd and 3rd guess everything, and then hopefully take the plunge and do it.

On 12/06/2020 at 07:31, ms.sss said:

Age is just a number. I’m 49 and feel (and act) like I’m 17. 😂

I had mine done last year and feel fab.

Of course, if you feel its not for you, then it’s not for you. But if the only thing that is holding you back is the number of years under your belt (and NOT health issues nor finances), then my insignificant suggestion is to go for it...plastics is a game changer.

Good Luck!

1000% agree w @ms.sss
I also had PS a little over a year ago. Sleeved almost 4 years ago. No regrets on either one!!
Like she said, if it something you want and can afford to do it, then go for it!
Keep us posted!

I am 49 and just booked TT for October. I’ll be 18 months out from VSG by then.
Give my age, I don’t have the patience to wait. My weight has been stable for over 4 months now, so surgeon had no concerns with proceeding. He even said I could potentially loose more weight after because I’ll be more comfortable with exercise. (I’m within 20 lbs of the lowest weight I would even want to be .. I’m actually perfectly happy if my weight stays where it is currently…minus the extra skin)

I had my RNY on 7-20-20 @ 56. I would totally have PS if $ wasn’t a factor! I’ve lost 100+ and feel wayyy better than I have in 30 some yrs!!! Ahhh to be 30-something again and feel like I do now!!!!! Do it do it do it! You will only be in your 30’s once!!!!!🤗

69 and going to have something done, just collecting some $$!! If you want it, go for it! Both my kids are older than you!

Hope not! I’m 60 and having my arms, thighs, and LBL Next month!

So I just has bypass on 10/20. I can already tell I'll need plastics (especially tummy and breast lift). I'm just concerned that I'm too old at 38. I guess I'm kind of feeling like I'm not young anymore, so why bother.
Sent from my SM-S205DL using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm 66. Scheduled for abdomenoplasty next month and was wondering if I was too old.. if I get 10 years with a flatter tummy, I'm not too old.
You have over half your life for a flatter tummy. Do it!

Sent from my SM-A536U1 using BariatricPal mobile app