Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Too old for plastics?

I had a Tummy Tuck last year, at age 60. I had some significant post-op complications, but now that I'm on the other side of all that, I can say that this surgery was one of the best decisions I've ever made in my life. Never too old, as long as your surgeon says you are eligible, Healthwise, for plastics!

waist.jpg

I'm 40 and old or not I am considering it due to constant rashes under my breasts and loose stomach skin

So I just has bypass on 10/20. I can already tell I'll need plastics (especially tummy and breast lift). I'm just concerned that I'm too old at 38. I guess I'm kind of feeling like I'm not young anymore, so why bother.
Sent from my SM-S205DL using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm from south FL, we do plastics til 90 years old!!! (Lol jk) go for it if u want it and relive your 30s (or even 20s) with ur hot new self!

Sent from my SM-G975U using BariatricPal mobile app

I just had a Tummy Tuck, hernia repair and breast lift on Monday. I’m 64 years young. No regrets and I’m still very much in the healing process. Had Gastric sleeve 11 months ago and so glad I didn’t wait any longer for my plastics. I had a basketball size hernia sack that was removed as well as hernia repair with mesh and about 3-4 lbs of skin. It’s all worth it! Go for it at any age!

I’m 42 and Idk if my insurance will pay for it but if they do I’m in. If not I’m already trying to save for it (possibly a pipe dream). I do not feel that 38 is old at all, though. I would probably do it if I were much older than I am now. It’s a personal choice whether you want it or not but I wouldn’t let age (especially yours) be a deterring factor.

I’m 66 and thinking about getting my upper arms done. I had Bariatric surgery a little over 2 years. A little tummy but I can live with that. Hate feeling conscious about my arms.

Well. I got my wls at 48, right before I turned 49 last year. I'll be 50 in August, and you can darn well bet I'll get plastic surgery if I feel I need it. I've lost almost 150 and would like to lose another 60, so I am definitely doing to have a very saggy stomach and my legs are bad already. I'm not as worried about how I look as how I feel and if that skin is in the way I will get surgery.
As for age, I feel very young. People don't usually think I'm close to 50, although I think I look older now that I've lost so much weight, but I don't care. Age is just a number and I feel very young at heart.
38 is certainly not old. I got pregnant at 38 and had my son when I turned 39!
You're just getting started! :)

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using BariatricPal mobile app

I had a Tummy Tuck last year, at age 60. I had some significant post-op complications, but now that I'm on the other side of all that, I can say that this surgery was one of the best decisions I've ever made in my life. Never too old, as long as your surgeon says you are eligible, Healthwise, for plastics!

waist.thumb.jpg.506f2673972d12acefb96cfd98df2d01.jpg
Wow. Your stomach looks like a 20 year old! Fantastic!

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using BariatricPal mobile app

I am 65 years old. I started my journey at 55 years old. I weighed 320 when I started pre surgery weight loss. I have lost 145 and maintained a weight loss of 100 pounds, then a couple years ago I got back my mojo and relost the 45. I am still overweight. But I am HEALTHY. I move. I work full time. I eat healthfully and yes... I DO have skin hanging in places, and my belly could sure use it. But no more surgeries that are not medically necessary for me. Yes, a personal choice. And yes, if I had my arms done, I would probably lose 5 lbs off of each one !!! But no. I have had a few major surgeries in addition to my VSG and surgery is too hard on my body. And it is not covered by my health insurance. Absolutely not in the budget, now or ever. And I am kinda proud of the jiggling - reminds me how far I have come.

To those who decide they want to, and understand that there are risks involved in every major surgery, can afford the expense, time off, have post op care options and have made an informed decision - great ! But not for this "senior".

I am struggling with getting plastics and I am going to be 52 this year. My family and husband are against it. They think its not necessary and I am too old to get it.

On 05/16/2021 at 08:07, HealthyLifeStyle said:

I am struggling with getting plastics and I am going to be 52 this year. My family and husband are against it. They think its not necessary and I am too old to get it.

I got mine in January, just a few weeks before I turned 51. I’m so glad I did. I feel and look way younger. No regrets, it does wonders for my ego :)

4 hours ago, HealthyLifeStyle said:

It's really not their decision or their body. Personally, I feel like if I don't get the skin removal etc. that I'll be perpetually wearing (or keeping around) the equivalent of my old, fat clothes like I'm just waiting for myself to fit into them again rather than throwing them out and committing to a more healthy lifestyle. I'll likely get my plastics around age 42.

6 hours ago, Suzi_the_Q said:

It's really not their decision or their body. Personally, I feel like if I don't get the skin removal etc. that I'll be perpetually wearing (or keeping around) the equivalent of my old, fat clothes like I'm just waiting for myself to fit into them again rather than throwing them out and committing to a more healthy lifestyle. I'll likely get my plastics around age 42.

I just wish I had their blessings on this. They are sooooo against it for me. I will do what I want anyway so I guess it really doesn't matter that much.

On 12/06/2020 at 06:01, Chelsea198235 said:

So I just has bypass on 10/20. I can already tell I'll need plastics (especially tummy and breast lift). I'm just concerned that I'm too old at 38. I guess I'm kind of feeling like I'm not young anymore, so why bother.

Sent from my SM-S205DL using BariatricPal mobile app

I’m 40, my surgery date is 5/25, and I already had a plastics consult. Once my weight stabilizes, I’m ready!