Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So my surgery is on Thursday, and Im on day 2 of my pre op clear liquid diet. I have made and eaten so much Jello and chicken broth, but im still so hungry. Plus the rest of my family has to eat and stuff that normally wiuld just be ok smells and looks like a meal at a 5 star restaurant. Any suggestions on what other Clear Liquids I could have? Or just words of encouragement, cuz im seriously ready to just say screw it, if i feel like crap on day 2 then 2 1/2 more weeks is gonna be hell

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Usually, the first 2-3 days are the most challenging. Hang in there, and your body *should* get used to it and it won't be as annoying. Try to stick it out to the end of day 3 at least...otherwise you may have to "restart the clock".

Of course, this only deals with the physical responses, any mental ones will have to be dealt with accordingly.

Suggestions: drink some Water, go for a walk, take a shower, do some chores, do a jigsaw puzzle, meditate.

Good luck!

I have my surgey the morning of day 4 so hopefully im good. I figure after surgery there will be alot less stomach *to feed/fill* so hopefully then it won't be so hard

It will be MUCH easier after, at least it was for me. I wasn't hungry, just trying to get my Water and Protein Shakes in 2 oz. at a time.

My preop liquid diet was for 2 weeks, and it was definitely rough, but after the first days it got easier. I just kept reminding myself why I was doing and and how important it was for shrinking my liver, which was already enlarged from NASH and hepatic fibrosis. It was tough, but I got through it.. You will too!
I agree it's really hard when you have family eating normally. My husband made his and my son's meals during that time, but smelling them was hard. Even pizza, which I don't like (crazy I know lol), smelled amazing! Sometimes I would just go paint my nails or take a hot bath when they were eating so I wouldn't have to be around it.
Good luck to you!

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using BariatricPal mobile app

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 1 reply
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Having gall bladder surgery in a few days and I so hope the recovery is easier than the one from the modified DS! I could use a bit of luck/pep talk for a change. I'm starting to be able to walk around without experiencing dizziness, but it would be great if the random pain in my chest and abdomen would go away!!
      · 0 replies
    • Dawn 1974

4/4/2024 - new patient orientation. Wt 313
      4/5/2024 - got all my lab work done.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!