Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone for Jan/ Feb 2021

I love.... I mean LOVE ice cream.... I found an Atkins fudge yogurt bar. I cheat 😢 but once I get my fix, I'm ok to go back to my Fiber, Blah, blah, blah.... It's the chewing slowly that's killing me. I fight w myself. I give myself a good cussing out to stick to this new habit. 😲 I'm dedicated & it's really a mental adjustment. So for everyone who's gone through this and just starting .... good luck!! I'm right behind y'all (fingers crossed)

Any suggestions on chewable vitamins? Pre & Post.

Thanks Snowcones. Good luck w ur Sx on the 2nd. Wat a great holiday gift. My birthday is Feb 16th, so if they ok me for Feb... Wata great bday gift for myself! Struggle w b waaaay worth it! 👍

On 12/3/2020 at 2:38 AM, honeyjasmine said:

I'm having surgery on 5th January so we are very close! :)

I have no suggestions on beating cravings unfortunately, something I struggle with myself. Very hard to overcome.

I would love to stay connected to if that's ok? I don't use this forum much so will have to log in more so I can figure out how to use it. I saw another lady responded with surgery the same as you.... this **** is getting real!!

1 hour ago, ChiNaDoll2285 said:

I love.... I mean LOVE ice cream.... I found an Atkins fudge yogurt bar. I cheat 😢 but once I get my fix, I'm ok to go back to my Fiber, Blah, blah, blah.... It's the chewing slowly that's killing me. I fight w myself. I give myself a good cussing out to stick to this new habit. 😲 I'm dedicated & it's really a mental adjustment. So for everyone who's gone through this and just starting .... good luck!! I'm right behind y'all (fingers crossed)

Any suggestions on chewable vitamins? Pre & Post.

So, here is a confession. Ice Cream and I....we have a very close relationship. I think that is what I'm going to struggle going with out. I just bought the Optifast Desserts, my hubbys colleague was telling me that it was her go to after surgery and was very ice creamy!

10 hours ago, snowcones said:

Hi everyone, my surgery date is 2nd January.

It sounds like you're doing a good job with your eating ChiNaDoll! Just keep up what you're doing and I'm sure you will be fine.

I am the fourth of January. Excited and scared, but everywhere I go the medics tell me it will be the best thing I can do!

15 hours ago, Neensyb said:

I am the fourth of January. Excited and scared, but everywhere I go the medics tell me it will be the best thing I can do!

I'm scared too. I don't know anybody in real life who has had weight loss surgery but looking at some incredible health and body transformations online, I'm really looking forward to have this done despite the fears. Nice to see other people having surgeries around the same time. Not too long to go now!

So I am super excited and also super nervous. My surgery is scheduled for Jan 19th. I have a pre-op appointment on Jan 5th when I have to start the liquid only diet.

Do any of you have any suggestions for good liquids that will allow me to get my Proteins in and not get sick of just having liquids all the time? I am doing about 64 oz Water a day daily right now. It's the food part that is scaring me the most. I looked up some of the liquid meals available on various sites as well and boy are they expensive. I'm wondering if there are some people on here that might have some good home made recipes for us to try.

8 hours ago, snowcones said:

I'm scared too. I don't know anybody in real life who has had weight loss surgery but looking at some incredible health and body transformations online, I'm really looking forward to have this done despite the fears. Nice to see other people having surgeries around the same time. Not too long to go now!

I know right! I am lucky to know a few people that have had it done but only one I'll take advice from. Exciting though

On 12/5/2020 at 12:55 AM, Chantrella said:

Are you a diabetic on insulin?

No. I'm neither.

2 hours ago, Spitfireash said:

So I am super excited and also super nervous. My surgery is scheduled for Jan 19th. I have a pre-op appointment on Jan 5th when I have to start the liquid only diet.

Do any of you have any suggestions for good liquids that will allow me to get my Proteins in and not get sick of just having liquids all the time? I am doing about 64 oz Water a day daily right now. It's the food part that is scaring me the most. I looked up some of the liquid meals available on various sites as well and boy are they expensive. I'm wondering if there are some people on here that might have some good home made recipes for us to try.

I'm interested in this as well. I found a Soup that has at least 9grams of Protein. Hvnt tried it yet tho. Yes I hv also looks up some sites & yes they are expressive. I'm at a lost too. I drive my nutritionist crazy w all the questions I hv about the protein & fiber stuff. Hope someone can help us.

I'm driving my nutritionist CRAZY w all the questions I hv regarding the diet. Soooo .... Right now they told me that I'm on a 1200 calorie regiment, 60-90 grams of Protein &,as much Fiber as I can. Slow dwn on the carbs & sugars. So I'm guessing that's cool being they didn't say I hv to lose any weight. My Ins cleared me, most of my Dr's cleared me my next chk up w my surgeon is nxt wk so I'll c where i stand. My pulmonologist & PvP clearance is the end of the month. Hopefully this will b my Christmas present if he gives me a tentative date then. Fingers crossed. Be my BEST BIRTHDAY GIFT EVA!! (I'm a Feb baby)

Hi Everyone! I just confirmed my date for January 7th.

I too am excited and nervous, but super ready for the next chapter.

I have been heavy my entire life and I am over it!

Good luck everyone.

1 hour ago, snowcones said:

Is anyone else not having to do a 2 week liquid diet pre op? My surgeon is putting me on a 1 week low carb 800-900 calorie diet before surgery. I wonder why it differs.

I am going to have to go on the 2 week liquid only diet pre-op.

1 hour ago, snowcones said:

Is anyone else not having to do a 2 week liquid diet pre op? My surgeon is putting me on a 1 week low carb 800-900 calorie diet before surgery. I wonder why it differs.

I am not doing a 2 week liquid diet, I do a very low calorie diet for 2 weeks and 3 days clear liquid before surgery. I am having my surgery in Tijuana so maybe that is the difference.

In the US they have very strict guidelines they have to follow.