Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help! Need Advice...

My Dr and I talked about 3 types. Roux en Y but he said I didnt have acid reflux so I didnt need that, the sleeve w duodenal switch and just the sleeve. I chose the sleeve w the duodenal switch bc i would lose more weight and get off my prescriptions. But i guess the nurse misunderstood and scheduled me for the Sleeve on Dec 2nd. If I want the sleeve w the switch i would have to wait til Jan and start my deductible all over? What do I do?

3 hours ago, tcirivello said:

But i guess the nurse misunderstood and scheduled me for the Sleeve

Can you speak to someone else about it?

Did the surgeon make a notation on your chart reflecting that you chose the DS to prove it is not your fault and the onus is on them to correct?

Can you explain your deductible situation and urge them to fast track you?

Can you afford to wait until January?

Are you comfortable with just the sleeve?

Good Luck ♥️

The nurse knows it's her error. I don't think I will get to where I want to be with the Sleeve. I did talk to them about my deductible. With Covid and the holidays the hospital here is not doing surgeries now. Only for emergencies. I do have an appt with the Dr on Tues to talk about options. I will probably wait til Jan to do the DS. I will have to start my deductible over again, but that's ok bc then my deductible will be met and I know I will have more Dr appts and blood work. I am just upset and confused about how this happened. Then I think is the Sleeve the plan God has for me or do I have to wait.

Why not go ahead and have the sleeve and see how you do? A lot of people get to goal with the sleeve. Most insurances will cover a revision if the first surgery fails. So you could have the DS done later if it turns out you don;t lose enough with the sleeve.

You should be able to get the surgery you chose. Try again to explain to them that it was the nurse's fault and see if they can't do the switch on the already-scheduled date.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 2 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Having gall bladder surgery in a few days and I so hope the recovery is easier than the one from the modified DS! I could use a bit of luck/pep talk for a change. I'm starting to be able to walk around without experiencing dizziness, but it would be great if the random pain in my chest and abdomen would go away!!
      · 0 replies
    • Dawn 1974

4/4/2024 - new patient orientation. Wt 313
      4/5/2024 - got all my lab work done.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!