Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

8 months- checking in today at 192.8 lbs, for total weight lost of 146.2 lbs. I have 27.8 lbs left to go to get to goal. My weight loss is slowing down but it’s still going. I know that as I get closer to a regular body weight the weight loss is going to get slower and more difficult but I do miss the days of regular 3-5 lb drops every week.

July 5 represented one year of concerted weight loss effort for me. On that day in 2020 I started a low carb low calorie diet that was supposed to last for two weeks- I needed to drop weight for my first in person weigh in at the Bariatric clinic and I was terrified I was going to be disqualified due to gaining weight during my 6 month program. I squeaked under the line, and when I got home I just decided to keep it up a little longer to help with weight loss prior to surgery. I ended up keeping it up a whole year! So I have two anniversaries in my head, July 5 and November 10, diet date and surgery date.

I’ve been doing good on exercise, and I’m trying to focus better on making sure I keep my diet in check. I’ve gotten lackadaisical about tracking food and I need to work on that because I can’t rely on Portion Control forever. I also need to focus more on getting sleep- I know that impacts weight loss and I’m terrible about staying up late after the kids are asleep to read books.

I remember some celebrity had a big awards show and said something like “I want to thank myself, for all the hard work I put in, for the sacrifices I made, etc” and everyone laughing. But you know what, I would like to thank myself. For starting a diet 12 months ago and sticking with it though the hard parts. For getting a surgery that terrified me but still jumping through all the hoops and getting it done. For drinking Tomato Soup for thanksgiving and giving up the candy and snack food that got me to 339 lbs. 😀

If anyone is reading this and has 150+ lbs to lose, it’s possible. It’s possible with a sleeve, or a bypass, or whatever surgery you get. Surgery doesn’t do the work for you, but it helps so much.

Next month I will be in the 180s and getting closer to a normal BMI. I’m committing this month to tracking each day, exercising 3-5 times a week, and going to bed earlier. August here we come!

17 hours ago, blackcatsandbaddecisions said:

Me at 192

image-0.00095367431640625.jpg

Congratulations!! You look amazing!!

9 months in- my sleeve is officially a full term baby! Weighing in today at 184.6, total weight loss of 154.4 lbs. I lost 8.2 lbs last month, which doesn’t seem like a lot but as I get closer to my goal weight it keeps getting more and more difficult to shed those last pounds! I have less than 20 lbs to go to get to 165.

Work has been difficult as we move into another Covid surge, and as my mother’s health is rapidly declining- this may be the first time in my life that I’m not handling stress with overeating. I am still moving forward with losing weight- goal or bust!

At this point it is so obvious how to derail a surgery- I can eat pretty much anything. I know I wouldn’t still be losing weight if I was just relying on my surgery for Portion Control. If you get this surgery you have to take a look at what you are eating and be realistic if it’s only portions that’s causing your weight or if it’s the food too. The surgery helps so much but past the first few months it won’t carry you anymore. You have to be making the right choices.

This next month I’m super excited to get into the 170s! It would be awesome if I could reach 175 but anywhere in that range is fine.

Month ten- 178.6. I’ve lost 160.4 lbs total. Soon I could weigh less than I’ve lost, which would be a cool milestone.

This month I went on vacation which did get me off my more regimented eating plan. It was amazing to be able to hike all day and then swim with my kids in the evening and have energy and endurance for it all. I did get a beer at the breweries we visited, which was nice to be able to do. I still haven’t found any food that I can’t tolerate, although higher fat foods tend to sit like a brick in my stomach- not that it hurts, just a super heavy and full feeling that lasts for hours.

This next month I would love to get down to 170. I’m within sight of my goal weight of 165, and I’m only a few pounds away from not being overweight. I know from past experience the 170s are a set point for me so I’m going to have to work hard if I want to get below this. Im starting to think that I might want to aim lower than 165, but that’s a problem for another month.

Me at 178.6

image-0.0020265579223632812.jpg

Month 11, 172.4 as of this morning. I feel like my body is slamming the brakes on weight loss, but I’m still going down so I’ll get there eventually!

This month I increased my running speed and distance, and I’m getting some body weight work outs into my routine. I am also back firmly into a size 12 pants, which was my “dream size” from that brief moment so long ago when I got back down to a healthy weight. I’m pretty tall for a woman so I’m not sure that single digit sizes are even a possibility for me, so I’m very happy with this size.

I am also NOT OVERWEIGHT!! I have actually reached a healthy weight for my height! I realize a lot of people who are close to 50 bmi like I was will never get here and I’m so grateful that I have.

Next month goals- get into the 160s, increase my daily running distance, and Celebrate my one year sleeve-a-versary!

7 hours ago, blackcatsandbaddecisions said:

Month 11, 172.4 as of this morning. I feel like my body is slamming the brakes on weight loss, but I’m still going down so I’ll get there eventually!

This month I increased my running speed and distance, and I’m getting some body weight work outs into my routine. I am also back firmly into a size 12 pants, which was my “dream size” from that brief moment so long ago when I got back down to a healthy weight. I’m pretty tall for a woman so I’m not sure that single digit sizes are even a possibility for me, so I’m very happy with this size.

I am also NOT OVERWEIGHT!! I have actually reached a healthy weight for my height! I realize a lot of people who are close to 50 bmi like I was will never get here and I’m so grateful that I have.

Next month goals- get into the 160s, increase my daily running distance, and Celebrate my one year sleeve-a-versary!

Congratulations on all your achievements so far!! Losing 166lbs is incredible! 💪

Fantastic! You look great and you're a huge inspiration to those of us still earlier in our journeys.

Alright today is the day- one year ago today I was sleeved! It has been an incredible year. I weigh less than I’ve lost now. I am a normal weight, I run and row every day, I am not embarrassed of my pictures anymore. I have zero regrets about this surgery. It has literally changed the course of my life, and I’m happier than I ever thought I’d be.

image-0.00095367431640625.jpg

image-0.0010728836059570312.jpg

On 11/10/2021 at 7:46 PM, blackcatsandbaddecisions said:

Alright today is the day- one year ago today I was sleeved! It has been an incredible year. I weigh less than I’ve lost now. I am a normal weight, I run and row every day, I am not embarrassed of my pictures anymore. I have zero regrets about this surgery. It has literally changed the course of my life, and I’m happier than I ever thought I’d be.

Such a wonderful journey you have been on! Thank you for sharing your progress with us in the monthly manner you did, it really helps us to see what is possible. I love that you got into exercise right away, I know that has made a huge impact on your current body composition and overall health, BRAVO!

Not only is this a great celebration for you but it is encouragement for the rest of us. Congratulations and thank you!

Hey felt like checking in because I am now 1 year 3 months past surgery, and I weighed exactly 165 this morning, still at my goal weight. Maintenance has been going really well, still considering another 15 lbs but I’m also happy at this weight.

Still loving life as a “normal weight” person.

33 minutes ago, blackcatsandbaddecisions said:

Hey felt like checking in because I am now 1 year 3 months past surgery, and I weighed exactly 165 this morning, still at my goal weight. Maintenance has been going really well, still considering another 15 lbs but I’m also happy at this weight.

Still loving life as a “normal weight” person.

Amazing! So good to hear you're happy at your weight. I'd really hold on to that feeling ... pushing down below a defensible weight could set the whole hunger-->overeating cycle in motion again. I mean, it may not, but just saying. There's so much value in being happy with a weight :)

Thought I’d check in…a bit over two years out and I’m consistently holding at 155. Part of the additional loss is I had five pounds of skin removed, with a full fleur de lis Tummy Tuck, arm lift and breast lift in late August. I’m fully recovered and rand a 5k this weekend with my best time yet.
So two years later, still the best decision I ever made. Being a thin person was a dream to me that I actually get to live…it’s amazing.