Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Expected weight loss

2 hours ago, WishMeSmaller said:

So I measured my elbow and wrist again. Lol...too much time on my giant hands. 😂

Wrist 6.25” = medium frame

Elbow 2.875” = large frame

My wrist is smaller than it was pre-WLS. My elbow did not change. 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️

K, curiosity got the best of me, so I measured my elbow: 2 inches. Yep, still a small frame!

P.S. im one of those people who dropped shoe size (went from roughly a 7.5 to a 6). I also dropped almost 1 inch in height!! Weird.

9 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

K, curiosity got the best of me, so I measured my elbow: 2 inches. Yep, still a small frame!

P.S. im one of those people who dropped shoe size (went from roughly a 7.5 to a 6). I also dropped almost 1 inch in height!! Weird.

Lol! I guess I should check my height. That seems backwards 🤷‍♀️🤣

The shoe thing is bizarre. I have worn the same size shoes since I was a normal weight teenager. The width has decreased with the weight loss, but they are long as ever. 🤣

I didn't lose a shoe size, but it is definitely easier to get into my riding boots now. :) The one thing I lost, which surprised me a lot was BONE DENSITY! Although I have exercised a lot during the whole weight loss phase, and afterwards, with lots of walking, my bone density went from normal to slight osteopenia. From what I've read, this is not uncommon. The bones simply do not need to be as heavy and thick once the weight comes off. I had a bad fall from my horse a few weeks ago and although I did not damage a hip or shoulder, I busted 5 ribs. But I think I would have broken them, even without osteopenia. Anyway, I would encourage you all to get your bone density tests done whenever they are scheduled. I am also surprised that this was never mentioned by my medical team as a potential side effect of surgery.

6 hours ago, WishMeSmaller said:

The shoe thing is bizarre. I have worn the same size shoes since I was a normal weight teenager. The width has decreased with the weight loss, but they are long as ever.

Of course they are. Why should they be less long, lol.

I guess there might be certain kind of shoes that need to be bought bigger when feet have more fat on them (or more Water in them, take a look at the feet of some elderly ladies), but e. g. a sneaker? You have to tighten up the laces but that's all you have to do.

Omg, I have orthopedic shoes... I hope my feet don't change after my surgery [emoji23] or that my insurance will cover a new pair lol

Sent from my G60 using BariatricPal mobile app