Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

15 hours ago, ANewJourneyAwaits said:

@rtl1234 Aw thanks! Today was better. Head hunger is a real thing! Woo.

And to make you feel better, yes. I am still seeing what satisfied and full feels like. I’m not sure how to describe it, sometimes I’m like “Oh man, I have to eat now because I feel sick with hunger” or I will not feel hungry at all. Or I just feel like “Okay, so that was 1.5 oz” but I don’t feel full. That was until I accidentally drank some Water then I felt that lump and kind of bad after I ate fast.

I feel like most Protein I eat sits kind of heavy. Not sure why.

Do you have a hard time falling asleep? I do and my counselor (who is a bariatric counselor) said it’s normal. It even says it in my book from the hospital. I went from being sleepy all the time to not. My counselor said it was because our metabolisms are revving up. Not sure. Going to try to sleep now. :)

Oh my gosh, yes on the insomnia! I’m like dying over here. Lol! I’m tired but I just lay there forever. I usually am a 9 o’clock I’m asleep and it’s like midnight and I’m still awake. I’m glad to see it is normal! Maybe I need to wake up earlier, I get up when the toddler does which is usually around 745-8. Maybe I should get up earlier to go to bed at my normal time.

I tried to exercise today. I did two mikes and felt like I ran a marathon. And I’m as walking lol. I have no energy. I hope that gets better soon. I may try to do it first thing in the morning instead of waiting a bit.

Oh my goodness that is incredible!! I had my sleeve 12/17 and just today did 17 minutes on the treadmill and that was all I could do. I struggle with energy also but I’m trying to stick to my plan and get my Vitamins in—it’s getting better each day! I hope it does for you too!!

On 1/8/2021 at 5:31 PM, AprylLP said:

Oh my goodness that is incredible!! I had my sleeve 12/17 and just today did 17 minutes on the treadmill and that was all I could do. I struggle with energy also but I’m trying to stick to my plan and get my Vitamins in—it’s getting better each day! I hope it does for you too!!

I did nothing today. Besides just playing with the kiddos. I’m just pooped today. I hate that feeling! Just being so tired, it’s exhausting 🤣🤷🏼‍♀️.

Are you still on purées?

I had my surgery on December 29, 2020. I am slowly feeling better. I am on pureed diet now. I am handling that much better than the full liquids. BUT....I get the pain and contraction feelings when I eat or drink anything. It feels like my sleeve is too tight or something. My doctor and dietician says it will get better. I sure hope so because that spasm/cramping feeling is straight awful and makes me dread eating and drinking. I am not able to take in 64 ounces or enough Protein. I have began using a clear Protein Powder with no taste so that I can TRY to reach the goal...I am struggling big time with water/fluids and protein. Yesterday, I was so thirsty and took several gulps and just dealt with the pain because I needed the Water so badly. Anyone else experiencing any of this?

1 hour ago, Rhondall said:

I had my surgery on December 29, 2020. I am slowly feeling better. I am on pureed diet now. I am handling that much better than the full liquids. BUT....I get the pain and contraction feelings when I eat or drink anything. It feels like my sleeve is too tight or something. My doctor and dietician says it will get better. I sure hope so because that spasm/cramping feeling is straight awful and makes me dread eating and drinking. I am not able to take in 64 ounces or enough Protein. I have began using a clear Protein Powder with no taste so that I can TRY to reach the goal...I am struggling big time with water/fluids and Protein. Yesterday, I was so thirsty and took several gulps and just dealt with the pain because I needed the Water so badly. Anyone else experiencing any of this?

Omg, sleeved on 12/31 and I have the same issues. Today was not a good day for me, sick of Water, sick of Protein Shake and just felt hungry. Every drink causes me pain and I'm sipping still. I suffered from acid reflux before surgery and I feel like it's worse not to mention I also had hiatel hernia repair. I'm just hoping things get better because mentally today was hard for me.

I am so glad I am not alone. I am so sorry you are having pain. I am trying to be patient and waiting for the moment where I feel this was worth it. I know that day will come and hopefully very soon for us both!! I just wish it didn't hurt so bad when I eat or drink. Sometimes I don't know the sip I just took will hurt until it goes down - then the squeezing peristaltic pain begins. I have to learn my new stomach and that will help as well. I felt like I over ate yesterday too...when I feel that I immediately begin walking to get that feeling under control. I am finding little tips n tricks to get through this phase. Oh...when I feel that big cramp/spasm after I swallow, I immediately take a deep breath and exhale and the pain lessens..trying to breath through it like labor contractions smh. I am optimistic - this will get better. My doctor was ok with me stopping my Vitamins and Protein until the heaviness subsided. I was encouraged to focus on Water with zero sugar electrolytes like propel in it or zero sugar Gatorade so that I don't get dehydrated. The clear protein powder helped too. I order it from Amazon. It is lighter on my stomach than the Protein Shakes and the protein clear water...I hope this info helps you in some way.

I do feel better being on pureed. Seems like the pain isn't as bad and I am not miserably hungry with the stomach growls. Hopefully soon, you will transition yo pureed and feel more satisfied. Also, you will receive more nutrients that way too. I was also concerned about malnourishment and dehydration. My hiatal hernia repair is doing great...no more heartburn. Also, try walking around as you sip...the gravity may help it to flow downward rather than sitting in one place. When you start the pureed diet, you will not feel as hungry all the time. Just go slow so that you don't over do it like I did with my food yesterday. I didn't eat too much portions, only 2- 3 ounces at a time, but it filled me fast. I ate refried Beans and guacamole with some cheese. I guess that was a bit thicker and caused some quicker fullness...I am learning...if it isn't thinner meal...then eat it really really slow. I also bought some baby food items...like the veggies and fruits to have some variety and less work for me to do daily. Just trying to give you some ideas because you will be on pureed foods soon!! Keep me posted.