Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 hour ago, mil_unloaded said:

I can finally fit my wedding ring back on! I haven’t worn it in 5+ years!!

Still doing well. I thought I really tweaked a muscle because I was having rough consistent pain in my abdomen. I just laid on my side and let out a huge fart (TMI, sorry!) and now I feel so much better! So I went ahead and took a Gas-X and I’m sipping some Decaf peppermint tea now.

F84575AF-526F-483A-914A-198117ACEDB8.jpeg

I was cracking up you said you farted lol. I am like a teenager when it comes to farts. Glad it made you feel better though!!! 🤣🤣🤣

57 minutes ago, Krysa721 said:

Had my surgery on Dec 7th I was 253 im now 235 not sure if that's good or not I feel like I should of lost more

I think that’s great!!! You are chugging right along!

On 12/25/2020 at 01:46, Amy_Aim said:

Congrats, issues with anesthesia?

Yeah. It took me a solid day just to be able to think straight and stay awake. Doing better now onto soft foods today.

Just found this thread. Nice to see so many December's. I had my surgery on the 17th. Can't get started on my soft solids though, ended up in ER the first time I tried. Nothing else has sat well since. Hope everyone else is doing well

2 hours ago, mil_unloaded said:

I can finally fit my wedding ring back on! I haven’t worn it in 5+ years!!

Still doing well. I thought I really tweaked a muscle because I was having rough consistent pain in my abdomen. I just laid on my side and let out a huge fart (TMI, sorry!) and now I feel so much better! So I went ahead and took a Gas-X and I’m sipping some Decaf peppermint tea now.

F84575AF-526F-483A-914A-198117ACEDB8.jpeg

Lol! I have definitely done that a few times since surgery. Even worse is complaining to my husband that I feel awful, getting him to rub my back and then letting out a massive fart at him. Poor guy 🤣🤦🏽‍♀️

11 minutes ago, CapK said:

Just found this thread. Nice to see so many December's. I had my surgery on the 17th. Can't get started on my soft solids though, ended up in ER the first time I tried. Nothing else has sat well since. Hope everyone else is doing well

Yikes! I’m glad you are okay! What made you go there, was it like bad pain? So scary!

3 minutes ago, RTL1234 said:

Yikes! I’m glad you are okay! What made you go there, was it like bad pain? So scary!

Dumping syndrome is the best guess. Stuck on the toilet and dry heaving for hours on end before calling the ambulance because of it, dizziness and chest pain. Took them 3 rounds of injected anti-nausea meds and 2 rounds of morphine to get the pain under control. If I never have to deal with that again, it will be too soon.

2 hours ago, CapK said:

Dumping syndrome is the best guess. Stuck on the toilet and dry heaving for hours on end before calling the ambulance because of it, dizziness and chest pain. Took them 3 rounds of injected anti-nausea meds and 2 rounds of morphine to get the pain under control. If I never have to deal with that again, it will be too soon.

Oh my goodness! I hope that never happens again!! That’s awful. And terrifying.

Sorry wrong place for the post.

Edited by RhondaHigdon

Today was a rough day mentally. I now see how much I turned to food when I was upset. Not having it today was new. First time I struggled mentally with cravings. I have an appointment with my counselor tomorrow. I’m trying to identify when I feel this way and writing it down.

Otherwise, I ate too fast today and I felt like a lump at the bottom of my throat. Definitely felt uncomfortable but not sick. Won’t be doing that again. Every day is better. Though I’ve been at a stall for the past 4 days. Sigh. Still so glad I did this surgery. I am looking forward to soft foods next week.

I want to agree with the poster above. The first week for me was super rough. Day 7, I turned a corner and every day gets better.

Today was a rough day mentally. I now see how much I turned to food when I was upset. Not having it today was new. First time I struggled mentally with cravings. I have an appointment with my counselor tomorrow. I’m trying to identify when I feel this way and writing it down.

Otherwise, I ate too fast today and I felt like a lump at the bottom of my throat. Definitely felt uncomfortable but not sick. Won’t be doing that again. Every day is better. Though I’ve been at a stall for the past 4 days. Sigh. Still so glad I did this surgery. I am looking forward to soft foods next week.

I want to agree with the poster above. The first week for me was super rough. Day 7, I turned a corner and every day gets better.
You know what.....your self awareness is to be applauded. Well done for understanding what you need to work on and what you could improve on (eating slower). I am day 3 post surgery and working through so many different emotions.

I’ve been promoted to full liquids! Yay!!! I’m so happy!

(Also for those laughing about my fart—very little is truly sacred for me, I only apologize for the TMI because I know other people can be sensitive to it, I think farts are hilarious. 🤪)

8 hours ago, ANewJourneyAwaits said:

Hugs! I totally understand this feeling. It’s so hard. I think it’s great you can recognize it and are able to pinpoint it, write it down, and process through it. That’s a huge deal! I’m trying to do the same.

I feel like I’ve never been able to feel what full feels like. Does that make sense? I feel like before, when I over ate or binged, I felt hungry then sick. No inbetween. So I’m trying to figure out what that feels like, but I can’t seem to figure it out. Anyone else feel this way? Right now I eat within my guidelines, usually a bit less just because I feel like food sits heavy and I don’t like that feeling. But then I’m like is that what full feels like? Ugh. SMH.

@rtl1234 Aw thanks! Today was better. Head hunger is a real thing! Woo.

And to make you feel better, yes. I am still seeing what satisfied and full feels like. I’m not sure how to describe it, sometimes I’m like “Oh man, I have to eat now because I feel sick with hunger” or I will not feel hungry at all. Or I just feel like “Okay, so that was 1.5 oz” but I don’t feel full. That was until I accidentally drank some Water then I felt that lump and kind of bad after I ate fast.

I feel like most Protein I eat sits kind of heavy. Not sure why.

Do you have a hard time falling asleep? I do and my counselor (who is a bariatric counselor) said it’s normal. It even says it in my book from the hospital. I went from being sleepy all the time to not. My counselor said it was because our metabolisms are revving up. Not sure. Going to try to sleep now. :)