Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

21 hours ago, AprylLP said:

Sleeve procedure on 12/17 eeek: 2 days!! I’ve really, really struggled with the liquid diet, but as much as I struggle I didn’t break down and eat solid food! Tomorrow I get the call for a time to report to the OR —and all Clear Liquids tomorrow no shakes or cream of chicken soup!! I made it this far, but damn I seriously want solid food!! I can’t believe it’s almost time!!!!!!!

Good luck tomorrow!!! You are going to do great! Can’t wait to hear an update!

It’s awesome to see so many people having successful surgeries! I can’t wait for mine! 6 more days!

How is everyone doing?

On 12/15/2020 at 11:12 PM, ANewJourneyAwaits said:

I feel like that will be on the 23rd. I go from being super excited to being super anxious. I’m so committed and want this but just scared a bit about the pain after. Congratulations though! I’m glad it’s not been that bad.

Normal feelings. Stay committed and you will be okay!

2 hours ago, RTL1234 said:

It’s awesome to see so many people having successful surgeries! I can’t wait for mine! 6 more days!

How is everyone doing?

I am 9 days (well it’s after midnight, so 10 days now!) post-op and I feel a little better everyday. Walking, drinking, resting. Not losing much yet but I hear that is normal due to all the fluids they pump in you at the hospital. So exciting - a few more days and life will change!!!

Day 2 of liquid diet here! Doing good so far! I’m allowed to have cream of wheat, low sugar oatmeal, Tomato Soup, sugar free popsicles, and sugar free pudding and Jello (which I hate the second one lol).

On 11/29/2020 at 2:20 PM, FramingFailure said:

I am December 15th for hiatal hernia and sleeve. :)

Mine is Dec 31st for the same, I'm a nervous wreck. Day 2 of pre op diet.

Let me know how everything goes!

Glad to see everyone is doing so great!!

4 days to go and I’m so ready! Keeping myself busy with wrapping gifts and hiding from the kids so that I won’t have to rush and wrap 2 days post op. I did that last year being a couple weeks out from having a baby. Such a bad idea!

15 hours ago, TheBlackStar said:

I had my sleeve surgery on 12/15.

7 hours ago, Lyn50 said:

So exciting!!!! You will do great!

Cocongratulations! How are u feeling? My plan date is Jan 28, 2021. I'm so excited!

Hi December buddies! I had my gastric sleeve on this past Tuesday, December 15. Everything went really well with the surgery, but I wanted to give you a heads up about recovery. If you have Fibro, or any autoimmune disease, please make sure anesthesiologist takes this into account - so that they can offset any potential flares. I have had several surgeries under general in the past, and never had a reaction like this one. Don't want to scare you - but if I can save someone the agony I went through I'd like to.

The side effects were an extremely painful recovery in the neck & shoulders waking up from surgery, a longer than normal time in post-op to try to calm my spasms, spasms throughout my calves. The day in the hospital was fine, as long as I was on Tramadol, but once I got home, and the meds wore off, the pain became excruciating - all the large muscle groups, extremities, joints both hurt and were on fire. The surgeon's office said since it was extremities it wasn't related to the surgery, and go to the ER, or my doctor who treats my other conditions. I went to my doctor, since he knows my other conditions. He gave me Gabapentin and a cream form of Voltaren; I am also on Flexeril normally. And I started a course of Methylprednisone for the inflammation. Today I woke up feeling better, and have gotten progressively better throughout the day.

The pain was in the back of the thighs, the front of the thighs, the shoulders, forearms and biceps and triceps and shoulder joints and ribs. I couldn't cough the surgery Fluid up, and it was actually terrifying to be in so much pain, I have never experienced like this before. Funny enough, my surgery site, and tummy - they were all great!

Sitting in the shower under the warm Water helped, but only as long as I was there. I needed a stepstool to get into my bed, and had walk excruciatingly slow. When I woke up, the burning would be there and I would have to pull really hard, as I cried, to try to lift a leg, turn over, or push myself up.

Again, I don't want to scare anyone, but if you have any underlying condition where you are prone to inflammation (autoimmune) or fibro (mixed signals and flares), talk to your anethesiologist in advance, and make sure you have the proper meds going home.

That said, I am great 3 days out, have lost 8 pounds, and am so excited to be on this journey to a healthier me, for me. My surgeon was great, and I am so blessed. Good luck to each of you!

#fibromyalgia, #lupus, #autoimmune, #recovery

Edited by JustMe1313

Mine is new year eve - 12/31 🙏🏾