Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Finishing up day 5 of my pre op diet. Today was tough, I was so hungry! Figures, since it’s the weekend and not going places because of covid. I just tried to keep myself busy with the kids and wrapping presents.

I’m trying to get things done I need around the house before surgery. The big things like organizing kids stuff, especially for school (virtual naturally) and kids/hubby meals. He is good at cooking though so that’s helpful.

I’m on an insulin pump, and I’ve been having lows with the pre op diet. I haven’t had to bolus at all, just riding my basal rates, but I think some need adjusted. Last night I got woke up with my pump alarming that I was 42 🥴. I felt awful and delirious, but DH was able to get me something and it came up pretty quickly.

33 minutes ago, RTL1234 said:

Finishing up day 5 of my pre op diet. Today was tough, I was so hungry! Figures, since it’s the weekend and not going places because of covid. I just tried to keep myself busy with the kids and wrapping presents.

I’m trying to get things done I need around the house before surgery. The big things like organizing kids stuff, especially for school (virtual naturally) and kids/hubby meals. He is good at cooking though so that’s helpful.

I’m on an insulin pump, and I’ve been having lows with the pre op diet. I haven’t had to bolus at all, just riding my basal rates, but I think some need adjusted. Last night I got woke up with my pump alarming that I was 42 🥴. I felt awful and delirious, but DH was able to get me something and it came up pretty quickly.

Be careful! I’m sure your Dr is watching you closely. If not, I would call them ASAP!

On 12/7/2020 at 7:14 PM, pmz said:

OK, here we go Surgery Twin!

I have to be at Admitting by 5:30 in the morning. Let's hope everyone has had their coffee and eaten their Wheaties!

Sending you positive energy in case your butterflies are as active as mine!

I’m just seeing this! I hope everything went well for you! I was pretty relaxed leading up to the whole thing but 5 days post op I’m feeling pretty beat up. How are you holding up?

7 hours ago, Katiebal_Lecter said:

How are you doing?? How did it go?

I’m doing pretty good, thanks. Pain lessens each day. First couple days I wanted to rest and not move much. Now I feel better, just trying to sip these shakes! Surgery itself was uneventful. I went in early Monday and was discharged Tuesday afternoon. Hospital was awesome!

I had my surgery on the 7th of December im having a really hard time honestly im starving this really sucks im really thinking maybe I made the wrong decision I should of just stayed fat... feeling hopeless

45 minutes ago, Sam B said:

The preop liquid diet is no joke😭😭😭 I’m hungry like a horse.

I totally understand, I’m on day 4 and still trying to cope!! Hang in there!!! When is your surgery date? Mines the 17th counting down the minutes!

On 12/12/2020 at 13:47, mawmaw65 said:

My Gastric Sleeve is Scheduled for Dec 17th, I’m not going to lie, I’m a nervous wreck and scared. I start my liquid diet today..

Same day as me!!! Also feeling pretty nervous !

2 minutes ago, merraculous said:

Same day as me!!! Also feeling pretty nervous !

What kind of pre op diet are you on?

31 minutes ago, AprylLP said:

I totally understand, I’m on day 4 and still trying to cope!! Hang in there!!! When is your surgery date? Mines the 17th counting down the minutes!

What kind of pre op diet are you on? I’m on liquid but not clear liquids.. I can have jello’s , broth etc. it also said I can drink one Protein Shake .

1 hour ago, Krysa721 said:

I had my surgery on the 7th of December im having a really hard time honestly im starving this really sucks im really thinking maybe I made the wrong decision I should of just stayed fat... feeling hopeless

It will get better! Hang in there.

On 12/13/2020 at 16:39, mawmaw65 said:

What kind of pre op diet are you on?

I have to drink 4 optifasts a day... and only 2 cups of green veggies! It’s pretty bland. I’ve lost 12 pounds since Dec.3rd... quite surprised

1 hour ago, Krysa721 said:

I think it will get better! I haven't had surgery yet, but I think in these beginning days figuring out what you are truly feeling is probably challenging! Can you try to drink some fluids (not sure what you are allowed to have yet!) and does sipping every 15 minutes or so help fill that feeling?

2 minutes ago, merraculous said:

I have to drink 4 optifasts a day... and only 2 cups of green veggies! It’s pretty bland. I’ve lost 12 pounds since Dec.3rd... quite surprised

Oh I would die for some veggies right now. Lol nothing but liquids for me. And 2 weeks of liquids after the surgery. Ugh